These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

I accidently left a drone behind in a mission and turned it in....

Author
Super Captain Hindsight
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-10-12 23:57:15 UTC
Is there a way I can locate the location again before it disappears?
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#2 - 2016-10-13 00:05:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
You could try scanning for it if you haven't bookmarked the wrecks for looting, pick up all the other abandoned drones you find along the way and sell them; it can be pretty good isk if you do it in and around popular lvl 3 or 4 mission hubs

That said if it's a T1 drone and you don't fancy honing your scanning skills trying to find it, just run another mission and buy another to replace it.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Super Captain Hindsight
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-10-13 00:14:11 UTC
Ok, I'll look up a guide on how to do that and give it a go. Thanks for the tip.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#4 - 2016-10-13 00:32:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
No worries, here's a couple of videos to get you started on how it works; they assume you're already familiar with the interface and have completed the career agents tutorials, especially the scanning ones

If you haven't done so you should do them (f12 in game opens up a menu where the career agents should be listed); there's free ships and stuff to be had.

Scanning is a you skill not a character skill (some have it elevated to an art form), the more you do it, the better at it you become; it's quite a valuable skill that can save your butt and I can guarantee you'll use it elsewhere as you play Eve.

Basic scanning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiNdcryr_JU

More advanced https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muPV0HiyoDk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5MX9owOpSQ

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Super Captain Hindsight
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2016-10-13 00:42:45 UTC
I FOUND IT!!! Thanks for the help. It was a gecko by the way so I'm super happy.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#6 - 2016-10-13 01:18:18 UTC
Sweet Big smile

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#7 - 2016-10-13 03:08:45 UTC
Super Captain Hindsight wrote:
I FOUND IT!!! Thanks for the help. It was a gecko by the way so I'm super happy.



Yea, I'd be looking for that gecko too.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Memphis Baas
#8 - 2016-10-13 03:28:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Memphis Baas
When you accept a mission, the agent gives you a bookmark so you can get to the location. This bookmark gets deleted when you hand in the mission.

Nothing prevents you from right-clicking the first wreck you make, and choosing the "create bookmark" menu option. That way you can return to the spot, finish salvaging, recover your drones, etc. Some of the missions are way off in the distance, far away from everything else in the solar system, and they make decent safespots.

If you bookmark every mission location, you can take advantage of being able to return to the spot even after the mission is completed, and you can always delete your bookmark later if you don't want it.
Super Captain Hindsight
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2016-10-13 03:37:23 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
When you accept a mission, the agent gives you a bookmark so you can get to the location. This bookmark gets deleted when you hand in the mission.

Nothing prevents you from right-clicking the first wreck you make, and choosing the "create bookmark" menu option. That way you can return to the spot, finish salvaging, recover your drones, etc. Some of the missions are way off in the distance, far away from everything else in the solar system, and they make decent safespots.

If you bookmark every mission location, you can take advantage of being able to return to the spot even after the mission is completed, and you can always delete your bookmark later if you don't want it.


Thank you for the tip. I'll put it to practice for sure!
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#10 - 2016-10-13 12:12:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Super Captain Hindsight wrote:
Memphis Baas wrote:
When you accept a mission, the agent gives you a bookmark so you can get to the location. This bookmark gets deleted when you hand in the mission.

Nothing prevents you from right-clicking the first wreck you make, and choosing the "create bookmark" menu option. That way you can return to the spot, finish salvaging, recover your drones, etc. Some of the missions are way off in the distance, far away from everything else in the solar system, and they make decent safespots.

If you bookmark every mission location, you can take advantage of being able to return to the spot even after the mission is completed, and you can always delete your bookmark later if you don't want it.


Thank you for the tip. I'll put it to practice for sure!

Watch out, if you will leave stuff in other room than initial warp in point, you will have to scan it down like everything left by you in space: drones, MTU's, mobile depots, ships...
Francis Raven
ExDominion
Evictus.
#11 - 2016-10-13 13:44:53 UTC
Happy to hear you got that Gecko back.!

ExDominion | Nullsec Corporation | Website | Forums | Established Nov. 2015 |

Gregorius Goldstein
Queens of the Drone Age
#12 - 2016-10-14 07:45:58 UTC
I made a "drone rescue ship" I use to clean up after incursions and when I forgot an valuable drone myself.
Expanded Probe Launcher + Sister Combat Probes + Rangefinding Array on a bonused ship (heron, imicus usw.) get the job done even with poor scanning skills.
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2016-10-14 09:25:36 UTC
Gregorius Goldstein wrote:
I made a "drone rescue ship" I use to clean up after incursions and when I forgot an valuable drone myself.
Expanded Probe Launcher + Sister Combat Probes + Rangefinding Array on a bonused ship (heron, imicus usw.) get the job done even with poor scanning skills.

How good of you to rescue all of those abandoned drones. It's terrible that wealthy incursioners just leave them behind floating all alone out in empty space. I hope that you give those rescued drones a big hug as soon as you get them onboard.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Gregorius Goldstein
Queens of the Drone Age
#14 - 2016-10-17 07:05:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Gregorius Goldstein
ergherhdfgh wrote:
Gregorius Goldstein wrote:
I made a "drone rescue ship" I use to clean up after incursions and when I forgot an valuable drone myself.
Expanded Probe Launcher + Sister Combat Probes + Rangefinding Array on a bonused ship (heron, imicus usw.) get the job done even with poor scanning skills.

How good of you to rescue all of those abandoned drones. It's terrible that wealthy incursioners just leave them behind floating all alone out in empty space. I hope that you give those rescued drones a big hug as soon as you get them onboard.


It's kind of a win-win situation. I don't have the skills yet to run incursions myself but the payout for the drones is more than most other things I can do atm. An I restock the lost drones in the incursions systems a bit under the jita price, so it's quite convinient for the incursion runners too. And the hugs prevent the drones from becoming rogue, everybody nows that. There would be no drones land if noone ever abandoned a drone.
Velarra
#15 - 2016-10-17 14:30:39 UTC
Contributing the rogue drone population is never a good thing. While there may be orphanages for the lost and weary drone that's been left behind in the wilderness of New Eden, lonesome and tired...Not all drones find happy warm drone bays to call home.

Some lost in the darkness of space go rogue /o\ . They've become such terrors and menaces to the whole cluster that Concord has gone so far as to set the whole lot of them red, placing bounties on their very existences (as rogue drones do not seem to have crews!).