These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

CSM Meeting Minutes on Ships

Author
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#21 - 2012-01-18 00:59:44 UTC
Command ships getting the 5% bonus and Strategic cruisers the 3%? Booyah.

Eos getting love? 'bout time.

EW frigs getting a buff? Booyah.

Cloak hunters? Lol.

Sensor damp buff? Booyah! Especially if they look into the Lachesis' PG issues.

Drake nerf? Hahaha. So you'll get slightly less tank but more spank...that's hardly going to reduce the popularity of the ship.

Separately, the idea of a new class of capital is intriguing. Something with a half million EHP and superpoint to hold onto supercaps, and enough pew pew ability to monster a few BS's wouldn't be entirely OP. Also, if you could please make it a bit smaller than a million tonnes in mass it would open up a lot of fun in low-end WH's.

I also think the idea of giving supercaps higher base warp strength isn't entirely bad..but will favor hotdropping them onto small gangs which cannot then tackle the supercap. This will lead to the same level of invulnerability they had before Crucible, when used as guerilla warfare tools.
Kaede Kimura
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-01-18 07:32:13 UTC
What blasphemy! None shalt profane the holy Drake with thine nerfs!
Khrage
#23 - 2012-01-18 07:39:29 UTC
holy holy! that drake change. though it would make the sacrilege worth no more than a piece of tin. i don't even want to know how much dps i'd be able to pull out of my maxed HAM drake with two damage bonuses...
Kaede Kimura
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-01-18 07:44:05 UTC
Khrage wrote:
holy holy! that drake change. though it would make the sacrilege worth no more than a piece of tin. i don't even want to know how much dps i'd be able to pull out of my maxed HAM drake with two damage bonuses...

Quote:
it would lose the shield resistance bonusand the 5% Kinetic damage bonus and instead gain a rate of fire bonus and a missile velocity bonus.
Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#25 - 2012-01-18 07:51:14 UTC
I always thought the theme was to have amarr missile boats have a RoF bonus whereas caldari had the kinetic damage bonus.

Anyhow, naga doesn't need nerfed. With antimatter loaded at 70km away (its optimal) it has trouble hitting hitting cruisers crashing the gate, and still has issues hitting frigs going under 1k m/s at 230 Km.... Talos buffing? Not sure about that just yet. I mean...ive seen it scram and web frigs and kill them. Talk about contradicting a teir 3 bc's intended weakness. A naga would die if tackled by a frig, just saying.

If they go through with those drake changes kiss the cerb's niche role goodbye. (oh and the drake will still be tankier than a cerb at this point, LOL). The sacs role would be effectively gone as well. Why fly a sac when you can fly a drake? If they redefine the drakes role to replace other "specialized" ships like tech 2 cruisers, give them a new role too.

I'm all for teir 1 BC re-balancing in addition to frig/cruiser re-balancing.
Khrage
#26 - 2012-01-18 08:21:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Khrage
Kaede Kimura wrote:
Khrage wrote:

Quote:
it would lose the shield resistance bonusand the 5% Kinetic damage bonus and instead gain a rate of fire bonus and a missile velocity bonus.

thank you for pointing that out. i need to get some sleep, haha. that actually seems like a good change for the drake. and will make the sacrilege more viable! i'm sorry sacrilege for ever thinking about casting you aside. i hope you forgive me. it's going to **** off a ton of drake pilots though... haha

Super Chair wrote:
If they go through with those drake changes kiss the cerb's niche role goodbye. (oh and the drake will still be tankier than a cerb at this point, LOL). The sacs role would be effectively gone as well. Why fly a sac when you can fly a drake? If they redefine the drakes role to replace other "specialized" ships like tech 2 cruisers, give them a new role too.

i disagree and feel the bonuses the drake has now are more harmful to the sac then the purposed change would be. but haven't looked to into it since i am tired. will revisit when fully alive.
DarkAegix
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-01-18 08:27:58 UTC
The Drake change isn't really much of a nerf, just more of a role-change.
The ROF bonus is welcome, as it will allow more viable selectable damage types.

Velocity bonus could bring some nice HAM fits, and the nano Drake may use HAMs to great benefit.
Elindreal
Planetary Interactors
#28 - 2012-01-19 02:24:18 UTC
maybe they meant missile explosion velocity for the hams ^.^
Khrage
#29 - 2012-01-19 05:54:22 UTC
i'll be looking forward to faster drake hunting in smaller ships now that their tank won't be so annoying.

and i know people think this 'nerf' will actually make the sacrilege even more worthless - but head to head (or if you don't like to think 1v1 think small AHAC gang v small drake gang), anyone else believe the sacrilege (AB) would beat the purposed new HAM drake (missile velocity and RoF bonuses)?
Rel'k Bloodlor
Federation Front Line Report
Federation Front Line
#30 - 2012-01-19 11:05:10 UTC
I want to see a T2 dread(or BS) with a mega point, finaly a full tree fro dictors!!(cepter->dictor->HIC->BOOOYAAA!!!)
I want to see a T2 carrier with a mass reduction modual(yessss lets all go in this WH/get titan jumped)

Drake had it coming and wierdy is getting a buff? ok!!!Twisted

Comand ships, bout timeSmile

Electronic attack ships!!! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz! yes plz!

But why not BLOP!! or Zoidberg for that matter.Sad

I wanted to paint my space ship red, but I couldn't find enough goats. 

river Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2012-01-21 00:38:48 UTC
I'm crying with joy over the drake changes, the vengeance and retribution changes, and the t1 BC balances. I dont give a crap about any capitals lol
Garr Earthbender
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2012-01-21 00:50:37 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
The ships can all be fixed with a 4th bonus and maybe a couple of ships with some slot moving. They don't all need a 4th bonus, a role bonus, an extra slot, extra HP, and extra fittings.

-Liang

Agreed with you on this one. I'd say the Retribution is the only one that needs the +1 slot. Everything else would be FINE without them.

-Scissors is overpowered, rock is fine. -Paper

Previous page12