These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Citadel Unanchoring Timer

Author
Justine Musk
Space Exploration Technologies Corporation
#1 - 2016-08-22 09:34:06 UTC
Hello there, today I found a citadel unanchoring in my system, and I was wondering if there was a way to see when the unanchoring process would end.
On click it says it's secure for 5days and such, does the safety timer match the unanchoring timer?
Would you wardec the owner in the attempt to steal / destroy / hindering / ransom the unanchoring process? (example: he wont risk to recovery the citadel and your alt can steal it, or you can point his transport, or you can ask for money to let him go)

Sorry for all these question, I'm new to this kind of things, I see an opportunity for some "fun" and I'd love to hear other people experiences or advices

Thanks in advance
Careby
#2 - 2016-08-24 01:10:57 UTC
Justine Musk wrote:
Hello there, today I found a citadel unanchoring in my system, and I was wondering if there was a way to see when the unanchoring process would end.
On click it says it's secure for 5days and such, does the safety timer match the unanchoring timer?
Would you wardec the owner in the attempt to steal / destroy / hindering / ransom the unanchoring process? (example: he wont risk to recovery the citadel and your alt can steal it, or you can point his transport, or you can ask for money to let him go)

Sorry for all these question, I'm new to this kind of things, I see an opportunity for some "fun" and I'd love to hear other people experiences or advices

Thanks in advance

That timer is not public. The vulnerability timer is not related other than the fact that the unanchoring process will be interrupted if an attack is successful. You can do all those things you mention including scooping the unanchored structure, but you have to be lucky or persistent to be there at the right time.
Justine Musk
Space Exploration Technologies Corporation
#3 - 2016-10-10 17:07:15 UTC
Careby wrote:

That timer is not public. The vulnerability timer is not related other than the fact that the unanchoring process will be interrupted if an attack is successful. You can do all those things you mention including scooping the unanchored structure, but you have to be lucky or persistent to be there at the right time.

I got both lucky and persistent, and stole his citadel!

Worse camping of my life, will never ever do it again, but i was almost shaking when I made it to the station with his astraus!
Kaivarian Coste
It Came From Thera
#4 - 2016-10-11 10:48:13 UTC
haha well done
Lord Ra
Sicarius.
#5 - 2016-10-11 16:16:48 UTC
Screenshot or it didnt happen Lol
Princess Adhara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2016-10-11 18:39:14 UTC
Justine Musk wrote:
I got both lucky and persistent, and stole his citadel!

Worse camping of my life, will never ever do it again, but i was almost shaking when I made it to the station with his astraus!

BOOM! Headshot