These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PI Extraction before/after submission

Author
Carvas
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#1 - 2016-10-08 10:58:30 UTC
So not sure if this is a working as intended mechanic or if i'm missing a known issue, but I've set up a simple enriched uranium process on a Plasma planet, and it's giving me some very odd numbers when i actually set it running.

Extractor heads for heavy metals set to a day cycle show 21k (ish) extraction per hour, but when I hit submit the extractors drop to a staggeringly low 200 units per 15 minutes.

All my other PI setups seem to be working normally, but this one heavy metal extractor just seems to be outright lying to me about it's figures. Am I missing something, or have i stumbled across a bunch of angsty colonists who just hate me.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#2 - 2016-10-08 14:00:27 UTC
If you are talking about the initial setup numbers that you have to route to wherever from the head being low that is normal. If it is some other number I would suggest a petition and not a post on the forums. When installing a brand new setup or head and routing the routing value is always a super low number than what it should be based on the actual pull rate from the head on the interface.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Memphis Baas
#3 - 2016-10-08 19:01:56 UTC
1. Your (lack of) PI scanning skills affect how much the numbers lie to you you're looking at the color spread and moving the extractors around.

2. Once you apply the changes, what you see is the numbers that are actually there, including the fact that the mats are divided among all the players that are extracting from that same spot on that planet.

3. You should set your cycle for 23 hours; server will "calculate" that all the resources have had time to refresh in that 1 hour that you're NOT extracting.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#4 - 2016-10-08 19:35:54 UTC
My master extracts my 'Pie' only after I submit to him (and only if I don't use the safety word, 'hipster')

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Mark Marconi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2016-10-09 10:46:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Mark Marconi
- removed-

The CSM gets in the way of CCP communicating properly with the players of this game.

After all we are not just players, we are customers.

Time for the CSM to be disbanded.