These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Drone behaviour

Author
Mernher Mernher
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-10-07 05:28:41 UTC
Hi,

It would be great if salvage/scout drones targeted different objects if focus fire was disabled and same object if enabled.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#2 - 2016-10-07 06:50:43 UTC
Drone AI is deliberately simplistic to prevent them going rogue on us.
Also as a game mechanic reason to make it harder to afk.

But you can manually do what you are asking for just fine.
Mernher Mernher
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-10-07 10:03:23 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Drone AI is deliberately simplistic to prevent them going rogue on us.
Also as a game mechanic reason to make it harder to afk.

But you can manually do what you are asking for just fine.


Sure if you don't mind getting carpal tunnel. I don't know if you have tried micromanaging drones but its very awkward. If there were at least hotkeys it would not be so bad.

Not sure how AFK is relevant as AFK drone boats are all the rage and focus fire is optimal for AFK, which is how drones work now.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2016-10-07 11:15:31 UTC
In level 4 missions, it is rather annoying having to assign every salvage drone to each wreck.
Isaac Armer
The Soup Kitchen
#5 - 2016-10-07 14:20:33 UTC
Mernher Mernher wrote:
Sure if you don't mind getting carpal tunnel. I don't know if you have tried micromanaging drones but its very awkward. If there were at least hotkeys it would not be so bad.


There are hotkeys to have drones attacks.

Celthric Kanerian wrote:
In level 4 missions, it is rather annoying having to assign every salvage drone to each wreck.


Don't have any wrecks targeted and tell them to salvage. They will repeatedly salvage all wrecks on field.
Amarisen Gream
Pleasant Peninsula Productions
Order of Allied Knights
#6 - 2016-10-07 20:29:41 UTC
Drones - like many of the old mechanics of good see a overhaul on how the work. Nov is setting up so ground work for mining drones, but as a whole, the system needs a rework with the thought that drones are a primary weapon/support feature just as important as our F1 lasers/hybrids/projectiles/rr/salvage/missiles etc.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Lugh Crow-Slave
#7 - 2016-10-07 20:41:21 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:
Drones - like many of the old mechanics of good see a overhaul on how the work. Nov is setting up so ground work for mining drones, but as a whole, the system needs a rework with the thought that drones are a primary weapon/support feature just as important as our F1 lasers/hybrids/projectiles/rr/salvage/missiles etc.


they are even more important they are just "F" no need for F1
PopeUrban
El Expedicion
Flames of Exile
#8 - 2016-10-07 22:35:40 UTC
Isaac Armer wrote:

Don't have any wrecks targeted and tell them to salvage. They will repeatedly salvage all wrecks on field.


I can't believe I didn't know this. I will now remove the salvager from my ratting vexor.
Christopher Mabata
Cynosural Edge
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#9 - 2016-10-08 01:30:09 UTC
PopeUrban wrote:
Isaac Armer wrote:

Don't have any wrecks targeted and tell them to salvage. They will repeatedly salvage all wrecks on field.


I can't believe I didn't know this. I will now remove the salvager from my ratting vexor.


"What i learned in boating school today Is...."

Surprising that even years after these drones came into being so few people know that trick

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet