These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

More SC controversy with a mention of EO

Author
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#61 - 2016-09-17 16:45:09 UTC
Commissar Kate wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
Holy **** that article

I want to see SC succeed just so Derek Smart will shut up

Yes he's a loudmouth but the possibility of him being correct is equally amusing.

He's assembled such a thorough laundry list of talking points that if you filter the spin it's actually a nice update of how SC is coming along.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#62 - 2016-09-17 16:59:46 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Commissar Kate wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
Holy **** that article

I want to see SC succeed just so Derek Smart will shut up

Yes he's a loudmouth but the possibility of him being correct is equally amusing.

He's assembled such a thorough laundry list of talking points that if you filter the spin it's actually a nice update of how SC is coming along.
Or not, as the case might be.

It'll be interesting to see how it eventually plays out, although if it ever gets to RTM I doubt it'll be everything that has been promised.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#63 - 2016-09-18 19:22:20 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
Commissar Kate wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
Holy **** that article

I want to see SC succeed just so Derek Smart will shut up

Yes he's a loudmouth but the possibility of him being correct is equally amusing.

He's assembled such a thorough laundry list of talking points that if you filter the spin it's actually a nice update of how SC is coming along.
Or not, as the case might be.

It'll be interesting to see how it eventually plays out, although if it ever gets to RTM I doubt it'll be everything that has been promised.

yeah see that's the nature of spin. There's the thing that happened in reality, and then there's how you think it should be interpreted. I see a lot of gameplay in those videos, and through the course of Derek Smart's tirade I found myself wondering why he cares so much.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#64 - 2016-09-18 19:24:41 UTC
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#65 - 2016-09-18 20:40:32 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#66 - 2016-09-18 21:24:42 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
Commissar Kate wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
Holy **** that article

I want to see SC succeed just so Derek Smart will shut up

Yes he's a loudmouth but the possibility of him being correct is equally amusing.

He's assembled such a thorough laundry list of talking points that if you filter the spin it's actually a nice update of how SC is coming along.
Or not, as the case might be.

It'll be interesting to see how it eventually plays out, although if it ever gets to RTM I doubt it'll be everything that has been promised.

yeah see that's the nature of spin. There's the thing that happened in reality, and then there's how you think it should be interpreted. I see a lot of gameplay in those videos, and through the course of Derek Smart's tirade I found myself wondering why he cares so much.
Heh don't get me wrong I'd love to see them succeed and wasted many an hour in my youth on Wing Commander and Freelancer (unfortunately the latter wasn't everything it promised to be but was still enjoyable); but at this stage, with 4 years of development under the table, it appears that their ambition may have exceeded realistic expectations and available talent.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#67 - 2016-09-18 21:57:23 UTC
Hey, on the bright side when SC does come out it should be easy to run it at max graphics with the hardware that's out when its finally completed.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#68 - 2016-09-18 21:58:57 UTC
Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#69 - 2016-09-18 22:03:07 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Holy hell it's been four years Lol
Yep, 4 years since the initial kickstarter.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#70 - 2016-09-18 22:10:44 UTC
Mikkhi Kisht
Vanity Thy Name Is
#71 - 2016-09-29 08:17:33 UTC
Hmm. Four years ago I was very much in my rut of 'I don't space game, I don't future space game, and math with spreadsheets gives me hives' mentality. So never did toss any cash into the SC drive(s).

But reading about SC did one sorta good thing. Convinced me to finally give Eve a serious try. So +1 for game comparison meta recruitment tactics?

>Mikk
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#72 - 2016-09-29 08:35:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
I like their planet technology so much...

If they would give people some creator tools, I will be there building my space castle.
Mishra San
#73 - 2016-10-07 12:53:37 UTC
Came in thinking this was about South Carolina, left confused.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#74 - 2016-10-10 13:45:25 UTC
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#75 - 2016-10-15 09:00:30 UTC
Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#76 - 2016-10-15 14:15:23 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
I like their planet technology so much...

If they would give people some creator tools, I will be there building my space castle.

Their barren planets look much better than Elites right now IMO, although we have yet to see a planet in Elite with atmosphere and the atmospheric scattering that comes with it.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#77 - 2016-10-27 11:24:58 UTC
Here's some perspective.

SC is four years in, which is a third of the number of years EVE has been around.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#78 - 2016-10-27 16:08:52 UTC
Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#79 - 2016-10-31 02:38:03 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
For a scam they pay way too many programmers....

http://imgur.com/a/0pEmV


I say the following as I am interpreting your post as if you are saying that SC is not a scam because they are paying so many people legitimately.


What you said is what people think about money handlers like Bernie Madoff, still today even Ugh
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#80 - 2016-11-01 23:31:33 UTC
Slade Trillgon wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:
For a scam they pay way too many programmers....

http://imgur.com/a/0pEmV


I say the following as I am interpreting your post as if you are saying that SC is not a scam because they are paying so many people legitimately.


What you said is what people think about money handlers like Bernie Madoff, still today even Ugh


If they release 3.0, then I'm pretty safe to say its not a scam.

Or they are really bad at scams as they just spent all their scam money on developing a space game with planetary interaction.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server