These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Speculation with November Update

Author
Conar
My Wormhole Hurts
#1 - 2016-10-06 15:12:20 UTC
A few questions for the population in general regarding the November Update...

1) What will the November update do to Plex pricing?

2) What will it do for the nature of EVE Online in general?

Conar 07
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#2 - 2016-10-06 15:25:31 UTC
Conar wrote:

The PLEX price will explode.

Conar wrote:

The game itself will explode as well.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-10-06 15:28:16 UTC
1) Nothing

2) Depends on a single point: whether CCP can effectively suppress multiple logins with Alpha accounts.

My 2 cents.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Valdar Cholak
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-10-06 15:32:13 UTC
Conar wrote:

Conar 07

1) Will probably go up.

2) Alot of alts, maybe some actual new players that wont last long because of the basic nature of eve.

It's great they are revamping the NPE and I hope they do a good job of it because its non existant atm. Hate to bring up the High-sec debate but until they have some kind of space that's actually securish they aren't going to keep a lot of new players. They keep talking about Null sec being dead and that's because its so easy to gank in High Sec because Concord are useless.

In addition i think CCP are missing a trick by not introducing advanced character purchases. (Not so big that they are overpowered but an option for new players to not feel so left beyond to the point that they get disheartened). This should be capped to 1 per account and not available with in game plex.
Saturn Sabezan
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2016-10-06 15:36:44 UTC
Conar wrote:

Conar 07

1) The bones say nothing.

2) Wait... you will meet a tall, dark stranger.
Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#6 - 2016-10-06 16:42:58 UTC
1) It will either drop or remain as it is now, really.. Unlikely to go up.

2) It's going to change the game forever.. Quite a few people are going to quit over this change, then we'll have a short influx of alphas boosting the PCU and in a few months we'll be on a rapid decline of less and less players playing the game until the servers close down.

CCP has alienated their loyal player base chasing after themepark kiddies.

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Lasisha Mishi
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2016-10-06 16:57:41 UTC
Conar wrote:

Conar 07

plex explosion as tons of f2p venture alts start bot mining

and the real f2p players try to save up for plex to buy

the nature of EVE.....alot more players. alot more PvP. alot more ganking(from catalyst f2p) in high sec

and plenty more Vexors in low and null sec.

oh, and Gnosis's price will spike from the 54m right now...to probably 200m+ as f2p players buy it in droves due to it being the only battlecruiser they can fly
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#8 - 2016-10-06 17:02:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
1) PLEX prices will go up, but only in-line with the inflationary trend we've basically seen since PLEX was introduced. In the near term, there well could be a spike as some vets pop back in to see how Alpha clones impact the game. Vets will not be satisfied with the Alpha clone state, so the influx of them coming back and all needing a few PLEX at once will cause this spike. New players coming in with Alpha clones will not be able to afford PLEX, and will not use it. In a year or two if the Apha clone plan was successful in bringing in new players, volume of PLEX traded will go up and prices will normalize as the new players switch to Omega accounts to further their ambitions. If Alpha clones exceed expectations, we could even see PLEX dip to a price point below what we might expect from the historical inflation trend. This would happen if new players coming into the game start supplying PLEX to the market to "catch up" or fund new business/conquest ventures.

tl;dr; expect early volitility with prices normalizing in 6mo to a year depending on how successful Alpha clones are at bringing in new meat for the grinder.

2) Initially... lots more low level mission running in highsec, swelling of the noob corp ranks, and an explosion in faction warfare, ninja looting, and highsec mining. CODE. will become a more controversial group. The anti-ganking channel will swell up, and players are going to start putting a lot more pressure on CCP for better crime / punishment / bounty / sec status systems.

...just my 2 isk.

post script

Linus Gorp wrote:
When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

The literate are unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.
ftfy

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."
~Bruce Lee

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-10-06 17:31:27 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Conar wrote:

The PLEX price will explode.

Conar wrote:

The game itself will explode as well.

And the CODE, as always, will win.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#10 - 2016-10-06 18:25:40 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:

ftfy

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."
~Bruce Lee

That stuff comes up pretty regularly... It's simple. You are wrong. It's spelled correctly and is grammatically correct.

Memphis Baas
#11 - 2016-10-06 19:51:50 UTC
IMO, for the vets, alpha clones means that anyone who wants to check out the game can log in and do so, without having to activate a subscription. So what you'll see is, whenever CCP announces an expansion, or changes to a ship or whatever, anything that sounds interesting, you'll see more people logging in to check out the changes. Cause it doesn't cost anything to log in and check.

There's probably going to be an increase in low skill alts (price checkers, scouts, market traders, PI alts, indy / transport alts, etc.), because alts are free and it makes sense to take advantage of that. The fear is that it'll be exploited, for example someone can put a spy alt in every single wormhole system (2700 of them) just to map them out or to spy on everyone or whatever.

So, because high-sec PVE activities (and a few types of high-sec PVP) don't really require a lot of skills, I expect the prices of low-end minerals, low-end salvage, and mission loot to follow the influx of players. If we get a lot of free accounts, prices may crash. If we don't, they probably won't.

The problem is that it's hard to predict what the influx will be. Because CCP isn't really advertising more, or changing the game dramatically; it's still going to be EVE, and I think that everyone who's interested in EVE is already playing EVE. But, historically, MMO's that went "free to play" or similar, did get an influx of players, at least for a while.

So I have no clue.
Piugattuk
Saiyans United
Death from Above..
#12 - 2016-10-06 19:58:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Piugattuk
Probably make prices go up for all the new items and orca prices have already seen a rise in the past month, plex prices will see an increase if enough people find that having an orca and new toys, alpha clones, etc, are worth the ISK to have, my Corp has positioned itself to try to take advantage of this when it hits....hopefully we got it right otherwise a lot of ISK and training time will be for nothing.
Paranoid Loyd
#13 - 2016-10-06 20:15:45 UTC
Linus Gorp wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:

ftfy

~Bruce Lee

That stuff comes up pretty regularly... It's simple. You are wrong. It's spelled correctly and is grammatically correct.

You used literate as a single person, he used it as multiple people. He was incorrect to correct you but to tell him he is wrong is also incorrect.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Zeko Rena
ENCOM Industries
#14 - 2016-10-06 21:11:03 UTC
Belts will no longer exist they will just be empty bookmarks Big smile
Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2016-10-06 22:06:05 UTC
Hell maybe miners will actually have to move more than 2 jumps from Jita. The horror.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Sitting Bull Lakota
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#16 - 2016-10-06 23:13:00 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:

ftfy

~Bruce Lee

You used literate as a single person, he used it as multiple people. He was incorrect to correct you but to tell him he is wrong is also incorrect.

Though I think we can agree that it was written to appear incorrect.
For reader comprehension changing "The literate" to "A literate" would have been more appropriate.
Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#17 - 2016-10-06 23:55:12 UTC
Many new alpha players will discover they can boost their skills up to max allowable with skill injectors. Lots of PLEX are sold to new alpha players by happy CCP so they can buy injectors on market. PLEX market is glutted with supply, price drops drastically. Some more existing players quit. Most new alpha players quit after 6 months max as they discover EvE is still harsher than other games and they are, essentially, farmed in various ways by the existing player base. Some stay. Overall nature of the game shifts eventually.
Whatever happens, the next year or so will be interesting.

Paranoid Loyd
#18 - 2016-10-07 00:23:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Sitting Bull Lakota wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:

ftfy

~Bruce Lee

Though I think we can agree that it was written to appear incorrect.
For reader comprehension changing "The literate" to "A literate" would have been more appropriate.

No, I don't agree, it was only written to appear incorrect if you read it that way. If you read it the way she meant, then it is perfectly fine. What is appropriate is a matter of opinion but that wasn't what was in question.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Violet Hurst
Fedaya Recon
#19 - 2016-10-07 01:36:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Violet Hurst
Linus Gorp wrote:

It certainly does. Come to think of it though, while it's definitely correct grammatically, the concept behind it is rather old school and stems from times when it was common practice to colour large groups of people with the same brush. Times like the peak of feminism when 'the man' was always suppressing 'the woman', or the cold war when 'the Russian' was always at your doorstep.
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#20 - 2016-10-07 03:50:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
Violet Hurst wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:

It certainly does. Come to think of it though, while it's definitely correct grammatically, the concept behind it is rather old school and stems from times when it was common practice to colour large groups of people with the same brush. Times like the peak of feminism when 'the man' was always suppressing 'the woman', or the cold war when 'the Russian' was always at your doorstep.

No. It's ambiguous syntax which is just poor writing.

The reason I even pointed it out is because it's just lazy thinking and kind of insulting in these forums. I know a lot of Russian players, for example, that can barely string together a coherent sentence in English... but they sure try anyway. They know way more about EvE than I ever will, and despite how they are writing, the ideas and content in their posts can be quite brilliant. Dismissing them or anyone else writing in a second (or third or fourth..) language is obnoxious... particularly when it comes from someone who can only communicate in one language 3A.

This is a digression, though. I'm not here to talk about language. I'm here to talk about space ships. Hide posts from that pod: problem solved. Trolls can starve.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

123Next page