These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Why do people **** on Amarr ships?

Author
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#21 - 2016-10-05 13:17:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Galaxy Duck wrote:
Memphis Baas wrote:
Amarr ships are ok, some are even beautiful.

Roleplaying an Amarr, though, acting like a pro-slavery pompous pseudo-religious ass, is rubbing a few people the wrong way.

Those people need to get a grip.

But minmatar would say you need to grip their bullets.
Lasisha Mishi
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#22 - 2016-10-05 16:30:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Lasisha Mishi
Amber Utama wrote:
Recently, I've been thinking about making an Amarr character and going with that culture/race. But it seems everyone says Amarr ships are horrible and to not bother. What makes them so terrible?

eh i say gallente are horrible
cause you either have long range railguns with crap tracking
or super short range blaster with meh tracking
plus they ugly! (other than Nyx)

Amarr lasers are epic. though their cruiser and battlecruisers could use some more.....slender designs like Armageddon and Abbadon. or confessor.

now excuse me while i go back to throwing rotten fruit at gallente prune ships
(what? gallente ships look like fruits...organic look is bleh)
Nana Skalski wrote:
Galaxy Duck wrote:
Memphis Baas wrote:
Amarr ships are ok, some are even beautiful.

Roleplaying an Amarr, though, acting like a pro-slavery pompous pseudo-religious ass, is rubbing a few people the wrong way.

Those people need to get a grip.

But minmatar would say you need to grip their bullets.

glad i left Amarr when i did.
Caldari alot more likable =)
Ashlar Maidstone
MoonFyre BattleGroup Holdings
#23 - 2016-10-05 18:25:47 UTC
@OP, DON"T listen to these heretics and heathens! They will lead you astray and try to brainwash you in not trying to be Amarrian!

Amarr ships in my experience have been really nice to fly and yet they are a bit skill intensive especially on cap skills. Sheild and armor skills are for the most part I think are really up there especially if you train them all to lvl 5. The lasers do have a tendency to not target especially at close range in which then my drones will finish off the rats.

There are some short comings but in all they are as a couple said some of the best looking ships around (Golden Fleet).

Give the Amarrian race a try, you'll at least can experience first hand for yourself, and don't let these heretics and heathens tell you otherwise.
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2016-10-05 20:49:11 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:
Amber Utama wrote:
Recently, I've been thinking about making an Amarr character and going with that culture/race. But it seems everyone says Amarr ships are horrible and to not bother. What makes them so terrible?

Ignore the heretics.

Lasers rule.

We also have the coolest looking ships.

Also cool skins 🙃

Cough* i do not want to spoiled your moment there but the answer is caldari.
Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#25 - 2016-10-05 21:22:28 UTC
Turelus wrote:
Amber Utama wrote:

They're not Caldari. P

All races get their round of crap. Many years ago caldari was known by another nickname. Faildari. Recall vividly showing up on roams in a drake and being asked do I have anything thing better to bring. Then some other person jumped on comms saying dude he's caldari (what the combat char is), the answer is no lol. Back in those days amarr on the positive side. Preferred fleet BS for most needs, harbs flew in abundance with canes as the fotm BC roam fleet comp.

Sitting Bull Lakota
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#26 - 2016-10-06 01:29:21 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Amber Utama wrote:

There is also the three way weapon system split they have going on between Lasers, Drones & Missiles
You keep your masturbators off my Zealot, Curse, and Sac!
Conrad Makbure
Trident Expedition
#27 - 2016-10-06 01:54:54 UTC
M-m-m-ma-mama says.. slavery is the DEVIL
Davis TetrisKing
The Vendunari
End of Life
#28 - 2016-10-06 03:32:22 UTC
Different people will talk **** about all the races. Amarr tend to be harder to fit and fly thanks to cap issues and lasers often require decent piloting to get the most out of some of their better ships. They're currently not FOTM, while a few of the other races have some pretty clear winners such as RLML caracals, afk ratting VNIs, and TFIs being a go-to AT pick.

Just like everything else in eve they have their niches.
DownTwisTeD
Doomheim
#29 - 2016-10-10 18:08:15 UTC
they are some of the best armor tankers out there and done right can fit full out heavy guns, also hardeners work well with Amar ships problem is they don't move fast so they need better after burner bonuses.
Previous page12