These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jump portal and cyno for Keepstar

Author
Covering YrBack
Watch your six
Ferrata Victrix
#1 - 2016-10-03 20:03:02 UTC
I suggest adding two modules for Keepstar: Jump portal generator , which can be used via operator; and cyno generator , permanently working and running on fuel.
Not considering WH space, Keepstars are just dock for supercapitals atm and dont have any significant other terms of use. These modules can extend strategic use of Keepstars and force people to build and anchor them in space.

I also suggest cyno modules for other citadels , running on principe 'bigger structures require less fuel'
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2016-10-03 20:06:32 UTC
No, you cannot have a module that lets you jump straight in to tether range without even needing to bother with a cyno ship.
Covering YrBack
Watch your six
Ferrata Victrix
#3 - 2016-10-03 20:13:37 UTC
Anyway cyno modules will be created in nearest future when posesl are removed from game
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#4 - 2016-10-03 20:25:02 UTC
These will be designed as services for the 'Gate' class of structure I'd guess, which is likely our last structure class to get.
Sal Askiras
Pie Family Rock Farming INC
#5 - 2016-10-03 21:34:46 UTC
Yes, we'll have replacements for jump bridges and cyno beacons when POSes go away. No, they won't be on a dockable structure.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2016-10-03 22:31:28 UTC
Can the keepstar accidentally hit jump instead of bridge?
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2016-10-04 09:58:12 UTC
that would be cool i could finally just unsub all my cyno alts

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Covering YrBack
Watch your six
Ferrata Victrix
#8 - 2016-10-04 11:19:04 UTC
i guess its my fault i didnt explain everything. Cynos only for claim nullsecs , for systems with hub upgrade for cyno.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-10-04 11:30:37 UTC
Covering YrBack wrote:
i guess its my fault i didnt explain everything. Cynos only for claim nullsecs , for systems with hub upgrade for cyno.

why does only nullsec get to save money in sub costs?

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Covering YrBack
Watch your six
Ferrata Victrix
#10 - 2016-10-04 11:44:24 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Covering YrBack wrote:

benefits from fighting for claim space
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2016-10-04 11:52:36 UTC
Covering YrBack wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Covering YrBack wrote:

dont you get enough benefits already? like you know...space to make piles of isk

Covering YrBack
Watch your six
Ferrata Victrix
#12 - 2016-10-04 13:25:14 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Covering YrBack wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Covering YrBack wrote:

dont you get enough benefits already? like you know...space to make piles of isk

getting a bit out of theme.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#13 - 2016-10-05 13:40:51 UTC
I would green light this if equipping the device put the contents of the keepstar on a loot table / permanently lost upon keepstar destruction. Make adding this feature permanent so it can't be removed at the user's convenience.

A keepstar owner could opt for the added functionality, but have to permanantly risk the contents of the keepstar for the convenience. The would have to be some form of graphical evidence that a keepstar had the cynostuff and that it is lootable - a big cyno dish or something that on grid inspection would show.
PopeUrban
El Expedicion
Flames of Exile
#14 - 2016-10-05 20:54:28 UTC
The only way this sounds remotely fair is if the cyno is only active during vuln windows, or if turning on the cyno turned off the tether.

Having a permanent cyno that is effectively invulnerable, that instantly makes anything jumping to it invulnerable is just a dumb idea. Supers and JFs really don't need more get out of jail free cards.

ESPECIALLY on a citadel. Even if you have zero plans to defend a citadel it takes a very long span of real time to kill it even if the attackers show up every window completely unopposed with a max DPS fleet.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#15 - 2016-10-05 23:14:39 UTC
cyno mod for all citadels 2km range rather than 5km some one has to be manning it normal cynos can no longer be activated within 10km of a citadel

now you can't jump into tether but still have a chance to make it with a JF should you chose

to the jump portal idea god no