These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I am stupid

Author
Sameli Adelora
Celestial Industrial Supplies
#1 - 2016-10-03 03:32:38 UTC
I was posting a sell order and messed up the price. and spent a ton in brokers fees. Is there anything I can do or am I just out a bunch of isk?
Christopher Mabata
The Mispal Exiles
#2 - 2016-10-03 03:34:28 UTC
About the brokers fees, nothing, but you can sell the item and recoup some of the loss as well as train skills to reduce fees for future incidents that may or may not occur.

Happens, once sold a carrier for 100m because i misplaced the .

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-10-03 03:46:31 UTC
The most important lesson Eve has to teach. Double check everything and trust no one, not even yourself.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

radkid10
Universal Exos
#4 - 2016-10-03 04:51:44 UTC
Sameli Adelora wrote:
I was posting a sell order and messed up the price. and spent a ton in brokers fees. Is there anything I can do or am I just out a bunch of isk?

go to a player's Citadel and sell there instead I recommend selling stuff in perimeter

another tip buy stuff from in there even if it isn't in the same system you don't have to pay any broker fees
Paranoid Loyd
#5 - 2016-10-03 06:05:49 UTC
Just leave it up, you weren't paying attention, hopefully someone else wont be paying attention and you will win big.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Nalia White
Tencus
#6 - 2016-10-03 18:23:18 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Just leave it up, you weren't paying attention, hopefully someone else wont be paying attention and you will win big.

only when his offer is the lowest in price... else the one with the lowest order will have a good day :)

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Luscius Uta
#7 - 2016-10-03 19:32:32 UTC
Since the ISK didn't end up transferred to another player, you can try petitioning it and there's a good chance that you'll get it back.

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Piugattuk
Saiyans United
Death from Above..
#8 - 2016-10-03 19:35:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Piugattuk
It happens.
Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#9 - 2016-10-03 20:39:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Sentient Blade
If it's an NPC station, the money will have gone to an NPC (rather than player) wallet.

If that's the case, if you petition CCP they might be willing to return it to you as a one-off deal. They did the same for me several years ago when I tried to sell some ice for a few trillion more than it was worth.
Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#10 - 2016-10-03 20:43:39 UTC
Nalia White wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

only when his offer is the lowest in price... else the one with the lowest order will have a good day :)

Time to buy some more then, isn't it?

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#11 - 2016-10-04 01:46:15 UTC
Just leave the order alone, and petition.

If the order is untouched, a GM can cancel and refund.
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#12 - 2016-10-04 05:22:34 UTC
Sameli Adelora wrote:

I've made a lot of ISK because pods missed the decimal place.

Don't make the same mistake twice.

You are out a bunch of ISK. Learn from the mistake and don't make it twice.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#13 - 2016-10-05 06:22:37 UTC
At least you didn't buy the wrong 6% hardwiring, plug it in and wonder why your fitting sheet numbers didn't change.

Not that I know anyone who would do such a foolish thing.

Mistakes in EVE can be expensive but it is also easy to pick yourself up and recover :D
Flickstick Rick
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2016-10-05 10:58:52 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
At least you didn't buy the wrong 6% hardwiring, plug it in and wonder why your fitting sheet numbers didn't change.

Not that I know anyone who would do such a foolish thing.

Mistakes in EVE can be expensive but it is also easy to pick yourself up and recover :D

or quit and give me your stuff :P
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#15 - 2016-10-05 11:34:57 UTC
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#16 - 2016-10-05 11:52:26 UTC
You were stupid, but you seem to have learned your lesson so you are not that stupid. Everyone has done this at some point, I once put up a thrasher for 1.2 billionOops
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#17 - 2016-10-05 12:07:09 UTC
Sameli Adelora wrote:

You can change orders after 5min of posting.

Major Trant
Red Federation
RvB - RED Federation
#18 - 2016-10-05 16:16:35 UTC
Goatman NotMyFault wrote:
Sameli Adelora wrote:

Yes but you don't get the brokers fee back.
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#19 - 2016-10-05 17:06:45 UTC
Major Trant wrote:
Goatman NotMyFault wrote:
Sameli Adelora wrote:

Yes but you don't get the brokers fee back.

Thats true
Sameli Adelora
Celestial Industrial Supplies
#20 - 2016-10-06 00:56:47 UTC
A little follow up: I filed a ticket and a wonderful GM replied that it was an honest mistake and told me to cancel the order and then the brokers fee was refunded. So I won't be rage quitting. I will however pay very close attention from now on.