These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Thank you CCP for Purity of the Throne

First post
Author
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-09-29 09:28:21 UTC
... just want to make it short, I liked the event. Thanks for having the balls to bring back the simple, competition and PvP. I'm really looking forward to the Blood Raider invasion Twisted.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#2 - 2016-09-29 09:32:33 UTC
seconded, bravo.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#3 - 2016-09-29 09:49:44 UTC
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-09-29 09:59:40 UTC
I'm living in 0.0 and was farming these sites freely. However visited high-sec once I 'have stolen' 2 skins from empire carebears ('he has no honor!' Twisted). But yeah, i can see how fun it could be in empire. Agree with OP: it was good event.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-09-29 10:06:47 UTC
One of the good things was, that you had to go to isolated systems to find many sides. Good for knowing the area. I liked it.
Shallanna Yassavi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2016-09-29 10:25:28 UTC
There are some roaming blood raider ships in the overview filters already, not selected by default. Maybe those have something to do with the event?

A signature :o

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#7 - 2016-09-29 11:03:05 UTC
+1 to Tipa's post.

I normally hate any form of PvE, but this was the best event since the original blood raiders event last year.
CCP Falcon
#8 - 2016-09-29 13:03:44 UTC
Great to hear you guys enjoyed this one Big smile

Keep the feedback coming - alongside looking at participation metrics, constructive criticism and good feedback are the two most important things that help us move forward with creating these events Smile

<3

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#9 - 2016-09-29 13:11:25 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Keep the feedback coming - alongside looking at participation metrics, constructive criticism and good feedback are the two most important things that help us move forward with creating these events Smile

<3

anything that results in more people risking suspect status is good in my book,
no one stole from me (big scary eos will have that effect) but plenty of tense starring matches.
were there say implants or boosters for grabs i dear say things would have been different.
definitely fun regardless, way more eve feeling than the serp one.
Luscius Uta
#10 - 2016-09-29 13:18:30 UTC
I loved the event too, sadly nobody stole the loot from me and almost everyone would warp out as soon as they landed if I was already shooting NPCs but I guess I should have not ran those sites in highsec if I wanted fights. Still, unlike the previous event, it was good ISK/hr if you factor in the SKN prices, especially when running them in 900 DPS HAM 5.75 AU/s Tengu.

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#11 - 2016-09-29 13:27:43 UTC
+1 from me too. Good to see CCP return to the KISS principle of PVE (1st seen in Crimson Harvest), a principle first slightly violated with Frostline and thrown completely out the window with that Serpent mess.

Simple is just better for EVE PVE. Yea, im going to broken record it again, but y'all should notice how most of us are doing 'simple' missions and anoms while most of us don't do the more complicated stuff (Drifters are the perefect example). CCP should keep this in mind when developing more PVE content like we talked about at the CSM PVe townhall.
Rigor Issier
Cresent Shade
#12 - 2016-09-29 13:45:47 UTC
I loved the event and I really like the amarr purity skins. The skins are elegant but simple and make all amarr ships look a bit otherworldish.

I completed three full sets of skins, sold one set and kept two for my ships. I made a nice gnosis kill when a guy took a grab at my loot.

Open site with no accelearation gate worked great. That was an invitation to compete and get PVP.

There was a bit variation in the npc spawns in number and ship class, but not in waves. I wished there would be more variation in pve in general.

A full set of skins for one race was a great idea to promote the skin usage in EVE.

The coronation fleet in amarr wearing these new skins was also a great idea.

Keep it up and keep it simple, CCP!

Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#13 - 2016-09-29 13:52:18 UTC
I want the event team back Sad

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2016-09-29 14:00:08 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

<3

What I would have liked would be something along the size limit in FW. So you can create harder sides for vets and easier ones for noobs (I would exclude t2 from frig sides)

What IMHO would be a nice idea would be some kind of matchmaking, where you can offer fleet maybe for a constellation so that new players or players at odd hours can get together to run sides.
Ashlar Maidstone
MoonFyre BattleGroup Holdings
#15 - 2016-09-29 14:58:46 UTC
I really enjoyed this event! Even gotten TWO skins that I have stored away until the day comes I can undock either in an Apostle or Avatar!

Even when somebody else would warp into the site(s) I tried to get them to join in to get the can at the end if they wanted it.

WHAT an awesome game we have! 07!
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2016-09-29 16:10:41 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

<3

The points making this one great IMO
- easy to run, plenty of sites
- immediate reward with actual value
- race to the loot, including the thrill of stealing / PvP
- no given or forced goal

What I would wish for the next event ... more varity in the spawns so, that tactics matter. For example in the Serpentis event you only had to lure away and shoot the middle group of guarding ships to unlock the container.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Christopher Mabata
Sentinel Incorporium
#17 - 2016-09-29 16:13:03 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

<3

The points making this one great IMO
- easy to run, plenty of sites
- immediate reward with actual value
- race to the loot, including the thrill of stealing / PvP
- no given or forced goal

What I would wish for the next event ... more varity in the spawns so, that tactics matter. For example in the Serpentis event you only had to lure away and shoot the middle group of guarding ships to unlock the container.

This pretty much describes it
Tertiary support for OP, was a well rounded event, would enjoy another

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#18 - 2016-09-29 16:25:21 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Collect them all. \o/
I did. Smile

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Damnated Angel
ChemiKals
Goonswarm Federation
#19 - 2016-09-29 16:33:52 UTC
Had alot of fun with this. The first event I took the time and effort to do consistently.
well worth the time.
Dahlia Samar
Maniacal Miners INC
#20 - 2016-09-29 16:46:14 UTC
As a complete newbie to EvE I absolutely loved the event, was even able to run the sites with my Maller albeit it took me around 10-15 minutes to clear everything Lol only regret is not farming them more, damn maller skin never dropped

looking forward to the next event^^

12Next page