These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Citadels vul. timers

Author
Great Errol
Light of Kor-Azor
#1 - 2016-09-28 13:25:12 UTC
So, when someone set up citadels in sov you own, it can be a huge dissadvantage if they are in a different timezone = pretty much impossible to get rid of.
Maybe an idea would be first timer can only be when the owner of the sov. allows it (a given timewindow)
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-09-28 13:28:57 UTC
Or, you could contact the owner and charge them rent for placing a citadel in your space, with threats of removal if they don't pay.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#3 - 2016-09-28 13:31:02 UTC
if they are able to put up a citadel in a system that you can't deal with can you really say you "own" the space?
Great Errol
Light of Kor-Azor
#4 - 2016-09-28 13:36:52 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
if they are able to put up a citadel in a system that you can't deal with can you really say you "own" the space?

A lot of alliances are dominant in a specific TZ. Which pretty much enables another alliance that lives in another TZ to move in unchallenged
Lugh Crow-Slave
#5 - 2016-09-28 13:50:10 UTC
sounds like you need to recruit to fill that other TZ
Great Errol
Light of Kor-Azor
#6 - 2016-09-28 14:10:51 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

Im not dissagreing with you. But pretty sure when you look at most alliances, they have a strong TZ and a very weak one. And one of the advantages of owning space should be that you control the timers.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#7 - 2016-09-28 14:15:52 UTC
the only advantage from owning space should be what you can extract from it. if you cant fill a TZ hire mercs
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2016-09-28 14:44:35 UTC
I wouldn't say you get to choose the timer, but having a longer window as a penalty would be enough.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#9 - 2016-09-28 14:57:33 UTC
don't they already have a longer window on their repair timer?
SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#10 - 2016-09-28 15:53:56 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Great Errol wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

A lot of alliances are dominant in a specific TZ. Which pretty much enables another alliance that lives in another TZ to move in unchallenged

How is this a problem for the game to solve, instead of a problem for the alliance to solve?

Why should the game be changed to accommodate the weaknesses of your alliance?

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#11 - 2016-09-28 20:37:01 UTC
Great Errol wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

Im not dissagreing with you. But pretty sure when you look at most alliances, they have a strong TZ and a very weak one. And one of the advantages of owning space should be that you control the timers.

Friends. They're not just for drinking games.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#12 - 2016-09-28 20:53:25 UTC
If they aren't in your TZ, why do you care? You obviously weren't using the space at that time of day anyway. Get them to contribute towards Sov costs and make an alliance of some sort, invite them into your alliance even. Then you get a free citadel, fill in that weak TZ, and hey, they fill in their weak TZ also.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2016-09-28 22:01:49 UTC
TL;DR: nothing here for CCP to address. Let the players figure it out.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#14 - 2016-09-28 22:51:48 UTC
Lugh's got dis!

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#15 - 2016-09-29 05:00:30 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

Not afaik. The repair timer is just 15 minutes. If you miss that, you have to wait until the next vulnerability period.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#16 - 2016-09-29 05:03:34 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
If they aren't in your TZ, why do you care? You obviously weren't using the space at that time of day anyway. Get them to contribute towards Sov costs and make an alliance of some sort, invite them into your alliance even. Then you get a free citadel, fill in that weak TZ, and hey, they fill in their weak TZ also.

It's not like they could be hitting POSes or gaming timers so that they can reduce the chances of being attacked (regardless of their own tz). I don't even have to be in the TZ I set it at. I could set a timer to our worst TZ and I would still benefit by making it difficult to attack. From which I have a safe place to do whatever I want in the other guys' TZ.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#17 - 2016-09-29 05:37:12 UTC
Rowells wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

Not afaik. The repair timer is just 15 minutes. If you miss that, you have to wait until the next vulnerability period.

i thought it was 1h in low adm or a system you don't own
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#18 - 2016-09-29 07:28:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

Pretty sure repair period stays the same, just vulnerability period is ADM affected?
Which should mean the other guy has a big vuln window.
Also means they couldn't manage a basic form up to blap it in it's initial repair timer with a days notice of course.
Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#19 - 2016-09-29 11:48:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Zan Shiro
Rowells wrote:
It's not like they could be hitting POSes or gaming timers so that they can reduce the chances of being attacked (regardless of their own tz). I don't even have to be in the TZ I set it at. I could set a timer to our worst TZ and I would still benefit by making it difficult to attack. From which I have a safe place to do whatever I want in the other guys' TZ.

That be the problem with these ideas. Oceanic crews and the odd hours they run. And the Asia TZ people like me who tagged along in the past. Our good time to tango is bad for others. Our bad time is well covered by the Euro and US peeps.

Had a char run with you all way back. It took splot and later NC (who later hired PL as well) setting alarms to see full scale ops run our TZ as I recall.

And to be fair to other people for their attack, well you can't be fair here really. DT hits our Primetime. Numbers fall off after. Fairest time to give an opponent time to stage an attack and for a fair defence is 2-3 hours before DT so an awful time for most other TZ's. East coast US looking at a 0300 alarm clock op really. Post DT...east coast US should be going to work/school lol.

Only so many of us in this part of the world to go around. Don't get a head butting of the oceanic crews due to warring alliances...nice quiet setup there and hard to take down.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2016-09-29 12:41:16 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Rowells wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

It's the anchor time. Can be extended to 6 days total.
12Next page