These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Operation Moonshock [DECLASSIFIED]

Author
Ben Booley
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#61 - 2016-09-28 16:55:56 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Cheradenine-Zakalwe Amtiskaw wrote:
Aria Jenneth wrote:

verbosity

I don't think this word means what you think it means.

If anything I can be accused of maximizing syntactic complexity.

I'll leave you to speculate on possible motivations.

Hm. You haven't actually posted any wall-of-text rants, yet, to go with your taste for florid language, so, point.

I'm not actually very interested in your motivations, Mr. Amtiskaw. So far it looks like you're planning on killing people and telling them it's their fault you have to resort to violence because they're too stupid and unenlightened to understand your ideals.

Boring as dust.

What is boring are your empty threats. You have threatened my alliance and told us that we are now set RED, yet I am confused why you think I should care or will give it even a moment of thought. If you truly cared about our attempt on the life of your false empress you would come attempt to punish us. Instead, you pay lip service to the demands of your false empress and denounce us, but do no more than the minimum.

Clearly, deep in your heart of hearts, you support our mission, you simply need to find the courage to accept that.
Cheradenine-Zakalwe Amtiskaw
The Kronos Ritual
#62 - 2016-09-28 16:59:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Cheradenine-Zakalwe Amtiskaw
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Aria Jenneth wrote:

Boring as dust.

The adolescent mentality is quite becoming on the herd so long as it wanes to passivity upon coming of age.

I'm sure you'll grow out of it, then.

Did you just actually "no I'm not you are"?

I guess we can have a recess.
Eagla Yassavi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2016-09-28 17:01:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Eagla Yassavi
I would take you up on that offer, but I suppose, based on public kill records, doing so would elicit an overwhelming response involving capital ships or at least multiple recons to guarantee that I would pose no threat.

The attempt on her life was crass, cowardly, and taken from a position where you do not have to face retribution.
Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#64 - 2016-09-28 17:03:17 UTC
Ben Booley wrote:
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Aria Jenneth wrote:

verbosity

Hm. You haven't actually posted any wall-of-text rants, yet, to go with your taste for florid language, so, point.

I'm not actually very interested in your motivations, Mr. Amtiskaw. So far it looks like you're planning on killing people and telling them it's their fault you have to resort to violence because they're too stupid and unenlightened to understand your ideals.

Boring as dust.

What is boring are your empty threats. You have threatened my alliance and told us that we are now set RED, yet I am confused why you think I should care or will give it even a moment of thought. If you truly cared about our attempt on the life of your false empress you would come attempt to punish us. Instead, you pay lip service to the demands of your false empress and denounce us, but do no more than the minimum.

Clearly, deep in your heart of hearts, you support our mission, you simply need to find the courage to accept that.

People usually say "clearly" and "obviously" when they want people to just accept something that isn't clear or obvious at all.

Or, often, true.

Mrs. Daphiti's statement is, I think, more a reflection of a sense of personal betrayal and/or outrage than a threat. I think she and Ms. Risen were on kind of good, or, at least, cordial terms.

... up until now.

Now-- well. I guess we'll see.
Jaret Victorian
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#65 - 2016-09-28 17:03:53 UTC
This is fantastic. The longest "no, u" fest I've ever witnessed.

Way to win people over for your cause.
Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#66 - 2016-09-28 17:07:33 UTC
Valerie Valate wrote:
Arrendis wrote:
who were you again?

I vaguely remember something about Rote Kapelle being like, Star Fraction. Space anarchists. Maybe one was an offshoot of the other.
Except Rote Kapelle tended towards more explosions in space, and less text-walls on IGS.
The details are clouded by the mists of time.
I could look the details up.
But I won't.

Maybe I should revise that bit I wrote about the text-walls.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

The Kronos Ritual
#67 - 2016-09-28 17:08:10 UTC
Jaret Victorian wrote:

Way to win people over for your cause.

It gets so much worse in nullsec.
Ben Booley
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#68 - 2016-09-28 17:11:14 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Ben Booley wrote:
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Aria Jenneth wrote:

verbosity

Boring as dust.

People usually say "clearly" and "obviously" when they want people to just accept something that isn't clear or obvious at all.

Or, often, true.

Mrs. Daphiti's statement is, I think, more a reflection of a sense of personal betrayal and/or outrage than a threat. I think she and Ms. Risen were on kind of good, or, at least, cordial terms.

... up until now.

Now-- well. I guess we'll see.

Empty threats from the plush seats of your station office are meaningless. Find your courage and meet us on the field of battle, or remain hidden under the skirts of your false empress, it means nothing to me. Our crusade will continue, and the endless tide of progress will wash you away.
Silen Serine
#69 - 2016-09-28 17:14:58 UTC
Jaret Victorian wrote:

Truly, capsuleers are the pinnacle of humanity's achievement: a merger of peerless audacity and staggering intellect.
Jaret Victorian
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#70 - 2016-09-28 17:21:34 UTC

As if I don't know.

It's quite amusing to watch you continue this embarassment. Do you really expect anyone to just stand up and book it to uh... shoot at you? Doubt it, I have better things to do, others do too.
Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#71 - 2016-09-28 17:35:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Aria Jenneth
Ben Booley wrote:
Empty threats from the plush seats of your station office are meaningless. Find your courage and meet us on the field of battle, or remain hidden under the skirts of your false empress, it means nothing to me. Our crusade will continue, and the endless tide of progress will wash you away.

You say it means nothing to you, but it kind of seems like you want people to fight you.

I don't have orders to pursue you, though, Mr. Booley.

Let's be clear: the Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque isn't mostly a combat entity. We do a lot of different things in a lot of different places, but we're not a dedicated defense corporation like PIE.

Setting you red doesn't necessarily imply we're going to try to blow up your capital ship fleet. However emphatically stated, it mostly just means that we recognize you as hostile to the Empire. That's status you share with the whole TLF and any Sani Sabik corp we're aware of.

... so, congratulations: you're a recognized enemy.

If you want to take that as a threat-- eh, okay. We'll definitely treat you as hostile if we run into you, so, maybe it is, a little bit. Probably no more than the background threat from most capsuleer entities out in low or null.

I don't think Ms. Risen should be expecting any greeting cards or invitations to this and that from the Directrix Emerita, though.
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#72 - 2016-09-28 17:42:55 UTC
Silen Serine wrote:
Jaret Victorian wrote:

Truly, capsuleers are the pinnacle of humanity's achievement: a merger of peerless audacity and staggering intellect.

With 'Immortality' comes the endless opportunity to be an idiot.
Utari Onzo
Gallius Family Estates
#73 - 2016-09-28 17:45:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Utari Onzo
I think what we have here are a couple of clowns from Rote who've decided to make merry with a verbal assault on a forum they've never frequented much before.

I don't think they're aware of the deep, personal, and important ties of friendship and trust that existed between certain members of their alliance and the wider Amarr loyalist community, and nor does it seem they actually care that these may have now been permanently broken.

So, what's changed? Nothing for the vast majority of people here or out in the wider cluster. Rote will be Rote, CVA already has them marked as hostile and that's not going to be changing again ever it seems.

But for a few pilots within the Rote alliance itself? They've lost some ties that will likely be difficult, if not impossible, to repair if this shitshow continues.

So I guess for the sake of honour I'll kindly ask everyone dog piling in here to just walk away. Rote can toot their horn and feel they accomplished a victory, we the Amarr can privately dream of vengeance against a foe that's as slippery as an eel in jelly (but whom thankfully didn't cause as much harm as they may have wished), and the rest can get back to finding the next thing to write walls of text about.

Ms Risen, this is the one and only time I'll speak out like this, I'm not likely to take to you in my presence kindly moving forward. Lady Steward Lagann, I hope we'll be able to sort things out so long as you had no part to play in this affair, but I can say it's going to make mine (and likely several CVA member's) potential involvement in activities hosted by yourself difficult, if not impossible in the short term.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#74 - 2016-09-28 17:47:25 UTC
Did I call you out? I hadn't noticed. Consider yourself called out then, it's of little consequence for me beyond salt in the growing bank.

This was by way of answering your question: who are you?

Surely you asked that in good faith, as now you claim some kind of offense.

Actually, I asked it of Booley there as a way ot tweaking him. If you'll follow the chain of events, Ayallah asked him whether or not he opposed certain virtues. He then claimed that the 'false empress enslaves' Ayallah, a member of Pandemic Legion, who are most certainly not beholden to the Empress. He then caps it off with 'that's the Rote Kapelle way', as if the Rote Kapelle way has ever amounted to anything outside of the Alliance Tournaments.

While I very much do respect Rote Kapelle's accomplishments in the ATs, they are after all, largely a vanity event of very little actual significance in the larger scheme of interstellar politics and being agents of societal change. Ushra'khan has had more effect on the internal workings of Amarr society than Rote. So for him to go throwing 'who are you again?' at an organization that, during the Trials, included at least one semi-finalist, and thus has had an effect on interstellar politics and society is, at the very least, deserving of having it thrown back in his face.

You then come in with a statement that in fact isn't an answer to the question, unless you were actually claiming to be 'the degree'. In which case, it makes even less sense as a sentence. So while I give you full points for the attempt, once again you're about as effective as you are accurate. Which is to say, not at all.

So I hope you like your salt with a healthy does of uric acid, because that ain't tears raining down on your head, Binky.
Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#75 - 2016-09-28 17:49:32 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
Lady Steward Lagann, I hope we'll be able to sort things out so long as you had no part to play in this affair, but I can say it's going to make mine (and likely several CVA member's) potential involvement in activities hosted by yourself difficult, if not impossible in the short term.

Ah.

Yes.

That could be a little awkward.
Ben Booley
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#76 - 2016-09-28 18:29:31 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
I think what we have here are a couple of clowns from Rote who've decided to make merry with a verbal assault on a forum they've never frequented much before.

I don't think they're aware of the deep, personal, and important ties of friendship and trust that existed between certain members of their alliance and the wider Amarr loyalist community, and nor does it seem they actually care that these may have now been permanently broken.

So, what's changed? Nothing for the vast majority of people here or out in the wider cluster. Rote will be Rote, CVA already has them marked as hostile and that's not going to be changing again ever it seems.

But for a few pilots within the Rote alliance itself? They've lost some ties that will likely be difficult, if not impossible, to repair if this shitshow continues.

So I guess for the sake of honour I'll kindly ask everyone dog piling in here to just walk away. Rote can toot their horn and feel they accomplished a victory, we the Amarr can privately dream of vengeance against a foe that's as slippery as an eel in jelly (but whom thankfully didn't cause as much harm as they may have wished), and the rest can get back to finding the next thing to write walls of text about.

Ms Risen, this is the one and only time I'll speak out like this, I'm not likely to take to you in my presence kindly moving forward. Lady Steward Lagann, I hope we'll be able to sort things out so long as you had no part to play in this affair, but I can say it's going to make mine (and likely several CVA member's) potential involvement in activities hosted by yourself difficult, if not impossible in the short term.

Holder Lagann plays her part in the fight for the freedom of all capsuleers with her constant struggle against the drifter menace, who threaten to subsume all. She played no part in this attack.
Merchant Rova
Miata Waifu Club
#77 - 2016-09-28 18:38:24 UTC
The Kronos Ritual
#78 - 2016-09-28 18:46:18 UTC
Arrendis wrote:

So I hope you like your salt with a healthy does of uric acid, because that ain't tears raining down on your head, Binky.

We're both talking past each other.

You, because you genuinely don't understand what I am saying in the way I have said it, and I because I make it a practice to shun the framing of those who identify as bastions of consolidated power.

Should you understand my premise, you'd know a roster of things known about us persuades not the clever and perceptive, for these are the truths of worshippers of power and the cult of the masses.
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#79 - 2016-09-28 18:48:09 UTC
While I'm sure many people would like to believe that, there's a few problems inherent in the statement.

First, it's coming from someone claiming credit for the attack, which means right off that you can't really be trusted.

Second, it's coming from someone with an obvious motive to make statements which would benefit an alliance-mate, and by extension, your alliance. So even if we could trust you in general, there's a conflict of interest when it comes to 'is this true, or are you just saying whatever will help your people?'

Third, so long as she and those responsible continue to fly the same colors, she's expressing tacit approval for your actions.

Fourth, money is fungible. Even if, as I'm sure many want to believe, she played no personal role in this attack, she's been one of the individuals whose efforts over time have benefited Rote's coffers, and Rote's coffers have benefited those of the individuals who planned and carried out the attack. This, of course, is a tenuous connection, but criminal racketeering cases in several legal traditions have hinged on such slender threads as a means to uncover deeper ties.

Now, I personally have no doubts that Lady Morwen will comport herself in a dignified, honorable matter with respect to the fallout from all this, but others might be a bit more... vindictive... about things. That, of course, is how politics works, I'm afraid. In the end, we can only hope to trust and rely upon those we fly with to watch out for us as well as we try to watch out for them. Pity you were all too busy making an impotent gesture to even consider what consequences others under the Rote banner might suffer.
The Kronos Ritual
#80 - 2016-09-28 18:48:17 UTC
Jaret Victorian wrote:

As if I don't know.

It's quite amusing to watch you continue this embarassment. Do you really expect anyone to just stand up and book it to uh... shoot at you? Doubt it, I have better things to do, others do too.

We have no lack of foes, but enjoy giving invitations to experience the infomorph on a deeply personal level.