These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

EVE NEWS (List of Scams)

First post First post
Author
Louis Lame
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-09-27 15:17:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Louis Lame
EVE NEWS 3. ISSUE

If you have information on pirate activity, contact me or send me a message. All informants are a 100% protected by the Reporter Code of Conduct.

This is your most beloved (or not) reporter on scams.

On Scams (List of Scams)

1. I will double, tripple, quadrouple your money. SCAM!
The same with API key. SCAM!

2. I sell 3 expensive ships for 1 Million. SCAM! (2 will be sold to affiliate characters, the last one will cost 1 Billion)

3. I have seen a business opportunity. SCAM!

4. Quitting Eve Sale out ...Billions: Usally the sale will enlist items, which look expensive but are cheap factionequipment ( yes it exists) or Blueprints which are copies, not originals. SCAM!

5. Selling skillinjector cheap... This is normally an skillextracter. SCAM!

6. Selling in frequented areas Shuttles, Amunittion, drones, etc. for 300 Million instead of 30 Thousand isk. SCAM!

7. Transport contracts with unreachable destination. SCAM!

As you can see most Scams are a variations of the same method, hoping for fast clicks and low attention.
So before you buy always check first, most likely you will not miss an opprtunity but a Scam.

Reporter Code of Conduct: The Reporter will not publicly or private divulge any source of Information. The reporter will do His/Her most to protect the source of His/Her Information.
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#2 - 2016-09-27 15:22:43 UTC
Louis Lame wrote:

EVE NEWS 3. ISSUE

If you have information on pirate activity, contact me or send me a message. All informants are a 100% protected by the Reporter Code of Conduct.

On Scams

Reporter Code of Conduct: The Reporter will not publicly or private divulge any source of Information. The reporter will do His/Her most to protect the source of His/Her Information.

Did I just get scammed into reading a blank article? I think I just got scammed into reading a blank article.

Damnit!

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Louis Lame
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-09-27 15:37:28 UTC
Sry, the article was not finished yet, it is now...Blink
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#4 - 2016-09-27 15:41:20 UTC
Double scammed! Thought I got a blank article, actually got one with words and things!

I really need to be more carefull.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Louis Lame
Doomheim
#5 - 2016-09-27 16:04:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Louis Lame
^^ (On above)

DISCLAIMER:

Due to RL our reporter might not work on all news in appropriate swiftness.

However all contributions will be posted, no matter the circumstances.

The Reporter thanks all contributers.

DONATIONS

Thank you for supporting EVE NEWS.

ISSUES

Issue 1.

Issue 2.

Special: Mission Running for advanced beginners

Coming up (sometimes): From Hero to Zero. A history of the Imperium
Jason Galente
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2016-09-27 16:21:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Jason Galente
Here, I'll make this much easier.

Here is how you can, guaranteed, avoid all scams:

Think.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

CCP Falcon
#7 - 2016-09-27 17:37:00 UTC
This isn't deemed as being in character, so it's being moved to crime and punishment. Smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Zanar Skwigelf
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#8 - 2016-09-27 18:21:10 UTC
Welcome to C&P, where it's your job to take everything that isn't a scam and turn it into one. Cool
Black Pedro
Mine.
#9 - 2016-09-27 20:58:16 UTC
Louis Lame wrote:
EVE NEWS 3. ISSUE

This is your most beloved (or not) reporter on scams.

On Scams (List of Scams)

1. I will double, tripple, quadrouple your money. SCAM!
The same with API key. SCAM!

2. I sell 3 expensive ships for 1 Million. SCAM! (2 will be sold to affiliate characters, the last one will cost 1 Billion)

3. I have seen a business opportunity. SCAM!

4. Quitting Eve Sale out ...Billions: Usally the sale will enlist items, which look expensive but are cheap factionequipment ( yes it exists) or Blueprints which are copies, not originals. SCAM!

5. Selling skillinjector cheap... This is normally an skillextracter. SCAM!

6. Selling in frequented areas Shuttles, Amunittion, drones, etc. for 300 Million instead of 30 Thousand isk. SCAM!

7. Transport contracts with unreachable destination. SCAM!

As you can see most Scams are a variations of the same method, hoping for fast clicks and low attention.
So before you buy always check first, most likely you will not miss an opprtunity but a Scam.

I don't know. Sure, those could be scams, but they could also be potentially lucrative business proposals.

Are you sure it is ethical for you to give such financial advice to your readership? What if you cause someone to turn down a great deal and cost them a boatload of ISK?
Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#10 - 2016-09-27 23:14:16 UTC
Louis Lame wrote:
scams.
Scams(Scams)
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
Scams
Scam.

So... how much did you lose?
StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#11 - 2016-09-28 00:35:46 UTC
Yourmoney Mywallet wrote:
Louis Lame wrote:
scams.
Scams(Scams)
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
SCAM!
Scams
Scam.

So... how much did you lose?

Im putting my isk (which wasnt scammed) on 1 or 4. But we both know it was probably both. I come to this conclusion due to the amount of information given when detailing each scam. Which in and of itself seems to be a scam uncleverly disguised as a guide post. So i have added OP to 'the list' Even though there isnt really a list but it sounds good and adds some substance to an otherwise boring thread.

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#12 - 2016-09-28 00:37:34 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
This isn't deemed as being in character, so it's being moved to crime and punishment. Smile

Fight me. Pick a time and place. Tell logibro he can get it too.

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#13 - 2016-09-28 03:36:37 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

First ISD now CCP using our beloved sub forum as a dumping ground for unwanted threads. GRR CCP Falcon

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Louis Lame
Doomheim
#14 - 2016-09-28 06:51:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Louis Lame
On BlackPedro
To clarify this, in the end my advice is to check first, which most ppl would agree on I think.

On Your Money MyWallet and StonerPhReak
Well not much, however it annoys me to look at proposals and find out most are scams. Considering that it is a big part of the game maybe this is not right for me.

On purpose of the article.
Well I posted this on Jita and made some ppls day, that generaly was the purpose
+ saving some poor suckers from getting scamed.

Also i don't know why ppl get so hefty if someone says something against scams. I thought new Eden is an Open Sandbox, So if I want to play against scams, that seems ligit playstyle to me^^
Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#15 - 2016-09-28 07:01:33 UTC
Louis Lame wrote:
On BlackPedro
Well in the end my advice is to check first, which most ppl would agree on I think.

On Your Money MyWallet and

^ Something's missing there. Evil I feel cheated - scammed, even.
Louis Lame
Doomheim
#16 - 2016-09-28 07:06:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Louis Lame
I really have to work on my posting styleBlink

On moving the article, that is consideration of the Devs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
Louis Lame
Doomheim
#17 - 2016-09-28 09:23:40 UTC
But it's right, Thanks CCP Phantom. This was a fun thread, now it's a battle ground. You might as well have damped a Mungo in a pit full of Snakes. I hope you are happy now.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#18 - 2016-09-28 12:19:52 UTC
Louis Lame wrote:
But it's right, Thanks CCP Phantom. This was a fun thread, now it's a battle ground. You might as well have damped a Mungo in a pit full of Snakes. I hope you are happy now.

That was Falcon. Phantom isn't as trolly and probably wouldn't have ThrownHanded you to us

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#19 - 2016-09-28 13:58:08 UTC
Damn you, Falcon!!!!

*shakes fist at sky*

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#20 - 2016-09-28 16:05:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

First ISD now CCP using our beloved sub forum as a dumping ground for unwanted threads. GRR CCP Falcon
I think they dump stuff here because it doesn't match the criteria for the dustbin that is F&I.

On that note and in the interests of honesty, can we get the F&I forum renamed to "Game killing features and ill considered and/or unoriginal ideas"

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

12Next page