These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Salvage Hardwirings

Author
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#1 - 2016-09-21 02:00:37 UTC
Greetings,

Took a flyer on a slot 9 Hardwiring last night after reconstructing my pod, the Poteque 'Prospector' Salvaging SV-905 which offers a 5% increase in chance of salvage retrieval.

I frequently run Sleeper sites and I was wondering what exactly this means? Does the loot potentially get better? Does it just increase the chance of success with no other benefit?

Thanks Bear

@lunettelulu7

Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-09-21 07:36:01 UTC
The latter. The loot is unaffected by skills.
It's a 5% increase in the chance, per cycle, of completing the salvage operation.
Ginger Naari
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-09-21 07:59:22 UTC
Elena Thiesant wrote:
The latter. The loot is unaffected by skills.
It's a 5% increase in the chance, per cycle, of completing the salvage operation.

This, but I would love it to apply to having a better chance of better loot as well, the salvaging skills would then become more relevant and meaningful.

Especially when you consider how long it takes to train salvaging skills to the max level.
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#4 - 2016-09-21 11:59:20 UTC
Thanks guys Smile

@lunettelulu7

Piugattuk
Litla Sundlaugin
#5 - 2016-09-27 05:41:49 UTC
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Thanks guys Smile

Hehe, but your all gals as far as I can tell Big smile
Andrew Indy
Cleaning Crew
#6 - 2016-09-27 07:16:16 UTC
Piugattuk wrote:
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Thanks guys Smile

Hehe, but your all gals as far as I can tell Big smile

See Rule 30

Quote:
This, but I would love it to apply to having a better chance of better loot as well, the salvaging skills would then become more relevant and meaningful.

Especially when you consider how long it takes to train salvaging skills to the max level.

The skills are relevant. Unless you have lvl4 you cant salvage higher level wrecks, lvl5 is required for T2 which is useful (excluding rigs). It also makes you salvage faster. This might not really be an issue in HS but in other areas you want to GTFO as fast as possible.

Lord Ra
Sicarius.
#7 - 2016-09-27 17:49:56 UTC
Forgive me if im wrong but salvaging to 4 alone isnt enough to salvage an advanced sleeper battleship wreck somtime this year so that extra 5% coiuld really help in that scenario if nothings changed in the last year or so.
Andrew Indy
Cleaning Crew
#8 - 2016-10-03 03:21:18 UTC
Lord Ra wrote:
Forgive me if im wrong but salvaging to 4 alone isnt enough to salvage an advanced sleeper battleship wreck sometime this year so that extra 5% coiuld really help in that scenario if nothings changed in the last year or so.

I think you are Right, checked Eve Uni and it mentions -20% change on large Advanced sleeper wrecks so you would need greater than 20% (AKA higher than lvl4 or Rigs).

Another point you bring up is time to salvage. As far as i'm aware Salvaging does not scale in the same way as DPS IE:

Wreck with 0% base Change and lvl1 salvaging and T1 salvager would have a 5% chance to salvage (0+5 from skills)
Wreck with 0% base Change and lvl4 salvaging and T1 salvager would have a 20% chance to salvage (0+20 from skilsl)
Wreck with 0% base Change and lvl5 salvaging and T2 salvager would have a 35% chance to salvage (0+35 from skills with from T2)

So salvaging pretty much anything in a WH bar large advanced with be 7 times faster with lvl5 and T2 than T1 Lvl1 and 75% faster than T1 Lvl4.
Keith Merrick Wolf
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-10-05 09:49:10 UTC
I salvage with drones as it's more convenient as you mop up the last targets.

About time we got T2 salvage drone to speed things up.