These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PI Change

Author
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#1 - 2016-09-18 14:48:08 UTC
Barbarian hordes and unrest knock back production.

Barbarian hordes attack colonies regularly, once a day.
Military Colony forces defend in a simple Risk style dice roll combat until hordes are defeated.
X amount of military units per upgrade and luxury tax style upgrade.
If dice rolls are successful, attack is thwarted.
If dice roll unsuccessful and horde wins Military Colony forces regen to defend again is time based.
Game is short 5-10 mins per planet colony.
Regen is also short 30 mins or less is fine.

Colony can be upgraded by paying production of planet to the populace as a luxury tax style upgrade which gives more production and military colony forces to beat back the hordes.

Upgrades are 0-5.

0 upgrades is a -15% nerf of current PI production and would be the net result of set and forget style play.
1-3 upgrades would increase the production by 5% per upgrade and would be easiest to do by beating back the hordes and paying the populace of the colony to be happy.
4 increases PI production by 5% over current but requires quite a bit more management with the hordes/unrest. Is time based on response. If you beat back the hordes within a certain time frame (6-8 hours) rather than once a day for levels 1-3 you will keep L4.
5 increases PI production to 7.5% over current but requires perhaps 15-60min response time or else you sink to L4 and if then you dont respond to the attack in the 6-8 hour time you sink to L3. If you dont check it in a day you sink to L2 and each day subsequently till you are at 0.

This change would create an active style game play for PI over set and forget play but still allows set and forget just with a substantial nerf to production for PI. It also limits how many PI planets and alts can actually harvest PI in a meaningful way. With a full 6 planets and maintained daily you would have the same production but would require about 30-60mins of actual game play to maintain a day rather than set and forget, reset extractors or empty/fill silos and leave for a week/month.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Christopher Mabata
Cynosural Edge
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#2 - 2016-09-18 17:07:55 UTC
Barbarian Hordes?
So PI Becomes CIV V in space then right?

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#3 - 2016-09-18 17:36:01 UTC
Christopher Mabata wrote:
Barbarian Hordes?
So PI Becomes CIV V in space then right?

It was an analogy of some NPC name that people already know of nothing more. Like a placeholder of sorts.

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#4 - 2016-09-18 18:24:23 UTC
I remember some talk of having Dust mercenaries attack and defend planetary infrastructure a few years ago. Not sure if there are any plans for integration between Eve and Project Nova. Would be cool but hard to justify the business case.

Bear in mind that increasing the risk to planetary infrastructure means the risk premium would be added to the price and anything made with PI - i.e. T2 and structures would get more expensive. Right now PI generates reasonable ISK/hour because it requires very little attention. If you increase the time investment required to harvest a unit of PI, once again - the price will go up.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#5 - 2016-09-18 18:44:34 UTC
Do Little wrote:
I remember some talk of having Dust mercenaries attack and defend planetary infrastructure a few years ago. Not sure if there are any plans for integration between Eve and Project Nova. Would be cool but hard to justify the business case.

Bear in mind that increasing the risk to planetary infrastructure means the risk premium would be added to the price and anything made with PI - i.e. T2 and structures would get more expensive. Right now PI generates reasonable ISK/hour because it requires very little attention. If you increase the time investment required to harvest a unit of PI, once again - the price will go up.

Yes this is what was supposed to happen. But never did as DUST kinda died. This would basically just be an NPC version as a stop gap to a "feature" that never was too be as well as the idea of some more involvement for a purely passive isk source atm.

That's right.

Had to end sometime.