These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

ECM and targetted rack idea

Author
L DOPA
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-09-18 16:36:08 UTC
What do you think of this idea:

ECM has a place in game and no I wasn't killed by a falcon recently :) I have flown and killed people with Falcons before though. Been max skilled in them since they came out. Hardly use them since they make fights so one sided its kindof boring.

My idea:

Split the icon of the targeted ships into High Mid Low.

When ECM'ing a ship you select one of the icon slots and ECM that rack only. If you are successful the entire rack is disabled while ECM is on the ship. If you ecm highs then no high slots can be activated and any active deactivate and so on.

What do you think.

The change would essentially:

Make ECM not all or nothing:
Not remove target lock
Enable the switching off of microwarp, AB, scrams, webs, guns, tanking mods etc etc.

Still extremely effective but doesn't entirely remove the ship from the fight.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#2 - 2016-09-18 16:44:12 UTC
... this would break ECM it would go from a tool the little guy can use to gain some amount of control in a fight to being used by blobs to shut off tank
Christopher Mabata
Cynosural Edge
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#3 - 2016-09-18 16:49:33 UTC
Yeah what lugh said, I wouldn't see any reason to jam somethings guns when instead i can in essence DDOS its tank modules and make it die even faster, imagine how broken this gets when suddenly you have 300 people focusing ECM on your fleets tank modules. or a falcon with 20 bombers behind it dropping on a ratting carrier that now cant tank and has its fighters being jammed off too.

At this point you should realize this is a very bad idea

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2016-09-18 17:53:18 UTC
I can see 'untackling' and 'disable DPS'. As others pointed out though, Remote Untank modules are a no-go.

Untackling would be a nice addition in fact; a Caldari mod that counteracts the Gallentean longscram ... even fits lore-wise. Of course, current ECM does both so I'm gonna need something good to ease the pain, Doc. Blink
Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#5 - 2016-09-18 23:21:36 UTC
So run passive tank mods and get ECM immunity for tank.

Make it a passive drone based damage boat....even better.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#6 - 2016-09-19 00:51:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Zan Shiro wrote:
So run passive tank mods and get ECM immunity for tank.

Make it a passive drone based damage boat....even better.

so the meta shifts to passive drone boats Roll
L DOPA
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2016-09-19 19:41:12 UTC
Theres ECCM.

Also the difference between dying slow permajammed and being able to blap the ECM boat jamming your mids is pretty huge. One you can't do anything. Two you might have a chance.
Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#8 - 2016-09-19 23:35:00 UTC
L DOPA wrote:
Theres ECCM.

Also the difference between dying slow permajammed and being able to blap the ECM boat jamming your mids is pretty huge. One you can't do anything. Two you might have a chance.

With tank dinged you'd be dying faster...different route same result. Half the time falcons works is because fleets don't bring range to counter. Based on when I ran them anyway. Brawlers like their brawling dps. And brawlers like to gang up....we are here to brawl, grrr, take your paltry snipe dps ship and leave now and refit. Max damage, crappish range, this how this fleet will roll.

Falcon pilots like them too...their **** poor range means we as long as our fleet mates have them tackled even if jams miss...they aren't hitting us at say 40 km's very well, if at all.

No ship in that fleet can shoot 10 feet past the barrel, its not reaching a falcon at 47+48 (max skill, racial ecm II, 1 SDA fit)
Need something that shoots at the extreme falloff range or beyond to not be in range at all. HML cerb says hi here, its what I used after a I got cerbed in a falcon way back in the day. Its damage is not great (if in brawl mindset). It doesn't have to be. Falcons aren't super tanky (even armour fit). Unless frp/srp in play a falcon will warp off to not die. Not a kill...but it gets the jammer off the field.

This idea as I also pointed out could shift this to drones online, again. We don't need this as bad, again. Gurista gots its nerfs, not much left to take away really. game shifts to that, Gila and worm will rise, again. CCP will nerf, again.

Please...lets leave em be. they took their rerererebalance medicine.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#9 - 2016-09-20 00:20:11 UTC
the better way to fight an ECM ship is with damps.

all damp ships (well all ships) lock much faster then ECM ships all you need to do is damp them out and they are either forced to run or get in plenty close for anything not jammed to blap them.