These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Epic Arc Farming

First post
Author
Xenuria
#1 - 2012-01-17 16:57:56 UTC
Apparently You can do Epic Arcs over again..

I have a few questions.

If I restart an epic arc do I lose any of the standings or rewards gained the previous time I did it?
or can I just farm the arc every 3 months and get loads of standings and isku.
ISD Arooga
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-01-17 17:18:24 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Arooga
Hi,

I'll take your questions in sequence:

"If I restart an epic arc do I lose any of the standings or rewards gained the previous time I did it?"

I assume by restart you mean you have previously completed the epic arc. in which case, the rewards for the arc remain the same. You do not loose any standings or rewards previously earnt. Standings increase works on a % and the effective gain is less the better the standings you have, working towards 10.

"or can I just farm the arc every 3 months and get loads of standings and isku. "

Simply, yes you can, within any limitations the acceleration gates may impose on ship types. So even though your character will have better skills and may be able to fly a better ship, you may find the ship type restricted in certain epic arc missions due to gate restrictions.

Cool

STAR Executive

ISD STAR (Support Training and Resources)

Helping new players undock since 2003

ISD do not reply to EVE Mails or PMs to discuss moderation actions. Please contact Customer Support in those cases.

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#3 - 2012-01-17 17:20:53 UTC
Pretty much all you lose is the messages in your log.

(Blasting Dagan with a battleship is very satisfying Blink)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Xenuria
#4 - 2012-01-17 17:47:13 UTC
ISD Arooga wrote:
Hi,

I'll take your questions in sequence:

"If I restart an epic arc do I lose any of the standings or rewards gained the previous time I did it?"

I assume by restart you mean you have previously completed the epic arc. in which case, the rewards for the arc remain the same. You do not loose any standings or rewards previously earnt. Standings increase works on a % and the effective gain is less the better the standings you have, working towards 10.

"or can I just farm the arc every 3 months and get loads of standings and isku. "

Simply, yes you can, within any limitations the acceleration gates may impose on ship types. So even though your character will have better skills and may be able to fly a better ship, you may find the ship type restricted in certain epic arc missions due to gate restrictions.

Cool

Ok that sounds awsome.. I think I will do the gallente epic arc again so I can get more standings and isku.
Xylem Viliana
homeless bum
#5 - 2012-01-17 17:51:28 UTC
i was late to the party when I did the sisters epic arc, did all but 1 of the missions (a hauling one which i used a navi for) in a Fed navy comet with a t1 fit (drones were t2) was fun for a while but became annoying. ought to try another epic arc some day
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#6 - 2012-01-17 18:06:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
I've done the Caldari epic arc Penumbra several times; I have at least 6 Hyasyoda labs from it. There is some loss to Gallente, but nothing that some Sisters of EVE storylines can't fix. Takes me about a day to complete in a Tengu (I do a subsystem swap for the lowsec and nulsec parts). I do it every time the 3 months is up.

Other than the lab, it is worth about 180m I think (Two Steps Into Hell = 40m)

Caldari Epic Walkthrough - Hyasyoda Mobile Lab reward
Caldari Epic Arc Flowchart
Hamster Too
Golden Fowl
#7 - 2012-01-17 18:40:35 UTC
Interesting fact: Sisters epic arc allows you to bump your chosen faction standing without the corresponding loss to the opposing faction.
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#8 - 2012-01-19 11:30:34 UTC
Doing an Arc every 3 months is hardly farming, though......

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#9 - 2012-01-19 11:50:11 UTC
Nerath Naaris wrote:
Doing an Arc every 3 months is hardly farming, though......

It can be a nice boost. The Angel arc is about 400 mil for 3 hours worth of running around in an interceptor.