These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New porpoise hull

Author
Vailen Sere
The Pannion Domin
Ghostbirds
#1 - 2016-09-16 18:54:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Vailen Sere
Can we get stats please?

If it's BC hull I propose the standard 3% bonus to mining, which is currently present in the command ship hulls for their respective bonuses, and making the flight requirements Industrial command ship I (etc for secondary / etc requirements found on teh Orca adding another skill to the game just to stick between the noctis and the Orca seems silly.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2016-09-16 23:07:46 UTC
What the heck is a porpoise hull?
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#3 - 2016-09-16 23:26:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Celthric Kanerian wrote:
What the heck is a porpoise hull?

A new mining booster ship coming with the changes in command links:

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/command-bursts/

We'll probably see details unveiled at Eve Vegas and the dev logs to follow immediately after that.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#4 - 2016-09-17 05:16:09 UTC
Quote:

2% bonus to Mining Foreman Burst Strength and Duration per skill level


strange that... it's almost like they don't want it as strong as the orca for some reason.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#5 - 2016-09-17 07:37:53 UTC
Implication is the Porpoise is a T1 so far, not a T2, so it wouldn't be as strong as the CS. Have to wait for details to see for sure.
Christopher Mabata
Cynosural Edge
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#6 - 2016-09-17 18:23:23 UTC
404 Error Future Details on Porpoise Not Found
Recommend Waiting until Dev Blog to fix this error

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Vailen Sere
The Pannion Domin
Ghostbirds
#7 - 2016-09-18 00:06:56 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Quote:

2% bonus to Mining Foreman Burst Strength and Duration per skill level


strange that... it's almost like they don't want it as strong as the orca for some reason.


the orca since it is practically between a BS and a freighter shoud be higher. boosting ships o have stiffer requirements, and as the Orca isnt T2 either, how does it's 3% make sense?
Vailen Sere
The Pannion Domin
Ghostbirds
#8 - 2016-09-18 00:10:01 UTC
Christopher Mabata wrote:
404 Error Future Details on Porpoise Not Found
Recommend Waiting until Dev Blog to fix this error


You obviously didnt read the OP. where I asked if we could hurry up and get them as opposed to maybe 21 days before the expansion comes out.

And your 404 should be a 503.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#9 - 2016-09-18 02:36:37 UTC
Vailen Sere wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Quote:

2% bonus to Mining Foreman Burst Strength and Duration per skill level


strange that... it's almost like they don't want it as strong as the orca for some reason.


the orca since it is practically between a BS and a freighter shoud be higher. boosting ships o have stiffer requirements, and as the Orca isnt T2 either, how does it's 3% make sense?



What?

I'm not sure what you meant by that jumble of contradictions but it sounds like you ate trying to balance mining boosting ships based on combat ones. It doesn't work like that because there is only one line of mining boosting ships letting them be balanced differently. This is not an issue as the fireman links are then balanced around that
Vailen Sere
The Pannion Domin
Ghostbirds
#10 - 2016-09-18 15:18:14 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Vailen Sere wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Quote:

2% bonus to Mining Foreman Burst Strength and Duration per skill level


strange that... it's almost like they don't want it as strong as the orca for some reason.


the orca since it is practically between a BS and a freighter shoud be higher. boosting ships o have stiffer requirements, and as the Orca isnt T2 either, how does it's 3% make sense?



What?

I'm not sure what you meant by that jumble of contradictions but it sounds like you ate trying to balance mining boosting ships based on combat ones. It doesn't work like that because there is only one line of mining boosting ships letting them be balanced differently. This is not an issue as the fireman links are then balanced around that


I honestly don't know if they should be linked to combat links as this is something that directly affects isk income and not combat effectiveness (I'll admit, Ive fit mining links on a command ship in the interrum to building an orca).

The idea of putting an orca on field just doesn't work. the rorqual on grid do to slow align times meaning this is only beneficial to an alliance with lots of people standing by (ADM grinding op maybe) but for anything other than that, I wouldn't put a booster on grid in a rorq without some form of standby help, risk vs reward, As someone who mines with maybe 6 other people the orca would be more ideal, but not as ideal as a purpoise could be.

Once again, orca risk vs reward with the cost of the ship and lack of any deterrence (you can tank it but it will not have enough of anything to deter attackers except un-bonused drones.. maybe you can fit a nuet or two in the top and hope you can get lucky if its a solo guy.. till that covert cyno comes online.

TL DR: the current bonuses vs ability may be fine for high sec but doesn't balance out in null sec.
Super bubble only useful for larger entities to come to the aid, not so much the little guy.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#11 - 2016-09-18 15:23:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
if you are mining with 6 ppl and are worried about def put them in skiffs that is a lot of DPS add maybe 1-2 falcon alt and you can repel most gangs.( i would also be okay with the orca getting an RR boost and the use of BB drones but this should be after the changes to see if it is needed)

as for the rorq remember you still get more boosts out of it now than an orca even w/o the core meaning you can use it and have an e-cyno ready. also to be fair the rorq should not be for the little guy it is end game as far as mining goes it should take work and organization to use. you don't see small groups using supers or titans.
Vailen Sere
The Pannion Domin
Ghostbirds
#12 - 2016-09-19 00:43:44 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
if you are mining with 6 ppl and are worried about def put them in skiffs that is a lot of DPS add maybe 1-2 falcon alt and you can repel most gangs.( i would also be okay with the orca getting an RR boost and the use of BB drones but this should be after the changes to see if it is needed)

as for the rorq remember you still get more boosts out of it now than an orca even w/o the core meaning you can use it and have an e-cyno ready. also to be fair the rorq should not be for the little guy it is end game as far as mining goes it should take work and organization to use. you don't see small groups using supers or titans.

Actually without core the orca is better. the current 50% boost if only is you turn the Rorq into an unmovable structure. you get 0% bonuses without the core running.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#13 - 2016-09-19 00:59:25 UTC
Vailen Sere wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
if you are mining with 6 ppl and are worried about def put them in skiffs that is a lot of DPS add maybe 1-2 falcon alt and you can repel most gangs.( i would also be okay with the orca getting an RR boost and the use of BB drones but this should be after the changes to see if it is needed)

as for the rorq remember you still get more boosts out of it now than an orca even w/o the core meaning you can use it and have an e-cyno ready. also to be fair the rorq should not be for the little guy it is end game as far as mining goes it should take work and organization to use. you don't see small groups using supers or titans.

Actually without core the orca is better. the current 50% boost if only is you turn the Rorq into an unmovable structure. you get 0% bonuses without the core running.



but after the change that will not be the case
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#14 - 2016-09-19 02:04:16 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Vailen Sere wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
if you are mining with 6 ppl and are worried about def put them in skiffs that is a lot of DPS add maybe 1-2 falcon alt and you can repel most gangs.( i would also be okay with the orca getting an RR boost and the use of BB drones but this should be after the changes to see if it is needed)

as for the rorq remember you still get more boosts out of it now than an orca even w/o the core meaning you can use it and have an e-cyno ready. also to be fair the rorq should not be for the little guy it is end game as far as mining goes it should take work and organization to use. you don't see small groups using supers or titans.

Actually without core the orca is better. the current 50% boost if only is you turn the Rorq into an unmovable structure. you get 0% bonuses without the core running.



but after the change that will not be the case


And this is one of the reasons that the new patch is going to be great.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Vailen Sere
The Pannion Domin
Ghostbirds
#15 - 2016-09-19 14:35:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Vailen Sere
FT Diomedes wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Vailen Sere wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
if you are mining with 6 ppl and are worried about def put them in skiffs that is a lot of DPS add maybe 1-2 falcon alt and you can repel most gangs.( i would also be okay with the orca getting an RR boost and the use of BB drones but this should be after the changes to see if it is needed)

as for the rorq remember you still get more boosts out of it now than an orca even w/o the core meaning you can use it and have an e-cyno ready. also to be fair the rorq should not be for the little guy it is end game as far as mining goes it should take work and organization to use. you don't see small groups using supers or titans.

Actually without core the orca is better. the current 50% boost if only is you turn the Rorq into an unmovable structure. you get 0% bonuses without the core running.



but after the change that will not be the case


And this is one of the reasons that the new patch is going to be great.

well, with the rorq nerf, isk per hour for miners may go up as 5% vs the 10% is a huge cut.
Cade Windstalker
#16 - 2016-09-19 14:41:00 UTC
Vailen Sere wrote:
Can we get stats please?

If it's BC hull I propose the standard 3% bonus to mining, which is currently present in the command ship hulls for their respective bonuses, and making the flight requirements Industrial command ship I (etc for secondary / etc requirements found on teh Orca adding another skill to the game just to stick between the noctis and the Orca seems silly.


OP, you do know CCP stated there's an entire dev blog coming for the mining booster changes that's going to include these stats, right? Why are you asking for them when CCP have already said when we're getting them...
Vailen Sere
The Pannion Domin
Ghostbirds
#17 - 2016-09-22 00:23:51 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Vailen Sere wrote:
Can we get stats please?

If it's BC hull I propose the standard 3% bonus to mining, which is currently present in the command ship hulls for their respective bonuses, and making the flight requirements Industrial command ship I (etc for secondary / etc requirements found on teh Orca adding another skill to the game just to stick between the noctis and the Orca seems silly.


OP, you do know CCP stated there's an entire dev blog coming for the mining booster changes that's going to include these stats, right? Why are you asking for them when CCP have already said when we're getting them...

I am impatient and dont want the post 1 week before it all goes live?(cause that's never happened before)
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
SONS of BANE
#18 - 2016-09-22 01:57:41 UTC
Vailen Sere wrote:

I am impatient and dont want the post 1 week before it all goes live?(cause that's never happened before)

Patience is a virtue.

The porpoise hull should be interesting in either case. Let me know if you need a BPO when they come out.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.