These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Skiff Ore Hold Capacity

Author
Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2016-09-16 16:14:08 UTC
Ava Kurvora wrote:

You people are some of the nastiest, most miserable pieces of **** on the internet.

Child predators stalking cartoon websites, and we're the worst people on the Internet? Really?

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Estuary Algaert
Petulant Luddite GmbH
#42 - 2016-09-16 17:31:34 UTC
I remember a time when there were no ore holds, be thankful for what you have.

On a general note, when you sit an look at it, most of the cargo space in EvE does seem to be a bit arbitrary given what is likely to go into it.

Just that little reminder about the nature of this perfectly imperfect sandbox.
Anke Eyrou
Hades Sisters
#43 - 2016-09-16 18:17:21 UTC
As this post is about the capacity of the ore hold of the skiff should it not be posted under 'ships and modules' thread?

I expect to get this post deleted or locked. So much for freedom of expression.

Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#44 - 2016-09-16 21:10:24 UTC
Ava Kurvora wrote:

You people are some of the nastiest, most miserable pieces of **** on the internet.

I must be internet jaded then, because as silly as evo-GD can be, it's not nearly as bad as only many common forums on the internet, imo. It is worse than the Hello Kitty Island Adventure forum I frequent, though, I'll give you that.

Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#45 - 2016-09-16 21:43:20 UTC
Use an endurance.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2016-09-17 06:41:30 UTC
Winter Archipelago wrote:
Make the hold something ridiculous (14.9k m3 or 15.1k m3, perhaps) and leave the speed as it is, just to make OP and people like him grumble more.

Have you ever seen drone ship unable to use their drone bandwidth because of 'strange' sized drone holds? Nope? Wondering why?

What if we set drone holds of some ships to 24m3 instead of 25? Would be pretty funny isn't it? I'm sure you would be happy Lol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#47 - 2016-09-17 12:25:01 UTC
Rory Wolf wrote:
As an avid ice miner the new barge buffs are a real PITA. The skiff now has two mining lasers, but an odd ore hold capacity. Ice is 1K per block and the ore hold capacity is 15K. Please change the ore hold capacity to 14 or 16 from 15.

Keep 1k of some other ore in your skiff's ore bay. Now it has an effective size of 14k. The other ore will be in a different stack, so you needn't jet it when you jet your ice stack.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#48 - 2016-09-17 12:44:49 UTC
You poor, poor snowflake

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#49 - 2016-09-17 13:10:01 UTC
4 of the six barges either don't have the room or literally cant fit a defense yet OP goes on about the ore hold...
TackyTachy1
Doomheim
#50 - 2016-09-18 06:16:46 UTC
Don't do ice (yet) but strip miners yield cut in half but we got another slot but then the big role bonus was rolled back. So we're doing a little more work for a little less yield but hey, we got one helluva snazzy paint job, and it's growing on me. No complaint here.

Forum Rep for a bunch of characters, couple corps and one seriously Lost In Space multiboxer.

Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#51 - 2016-09-18 06:20:11 UTC
Rory Wolf wrote:
As an avid ice miner the new barge buffs are a real PITA. The skiff now has two mining lasers, but an odd ore hold capacity. Ice is 1K per block and the ore hold capacity is 15K. Please change the ore hold capacity to 14 or 16 from 15.

Big whoop. So you have to disable a strip miner during the last mining cycle. That's no different from my Mackinaw with a 35,000m3 hold and two strip miners for ice.
Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#52 - 2016-09-18 06:23:14 UTC
Rory Wolf wrote:
Mining already requires a ton of micro managing. This increases that. So without canning my options are to watch and kill it when the hold hits 14 or wait for another cycle on one laser to get 15 and go.

As a dedicated miner myself, I call bull spit. Mining doesn't take much micromanaging at all.
Julien Brellier
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2016-09-18 10:29:23 UTC
Mackinaw pilots have had to deal with 2 ice harvester but a 35,000m3 ore bay for years.

Cry some more.
Shayla Etherodyne
Delta Laroth Industries
#54 - 2016-09-18 12:20:41 UTC
Rory Wolf wrote:
Nothing. Mining being such a spectacularly exciting activity I don't mind watching my three toons like a hawk waiting for that exact moment for the lasers to fill the 14K. I mean who ever mines semi afk???

Why "watch like a hawk"? With a 15K hold if you let run the laser too long you at least get 1 a unit of ice in return. If you hate missing cycles you still have to watch like a hawk your 3 toons, so I don't see how something has changed.

Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#55 - 2016-09-18 23:30:34 UTC
Rory Wolf wrote:
Mining already requires a ton of micro managing.

L A W L

Now that is funny. Lol
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#56 - 2016-09-19 18:15:27 UTC
Rory Wolf wrote:

Thanks for making me embarrassed to be a miner. Actually I love seeing lazy miners because I'm not one and I really discourage lazy miners in my corp. So I know we'll beat the lazy ones in the market place!
Dan Seavey Allier
Seavy Acquisitions
#57 - 2016-09-19 18:45:01 UTC

Allright.

Here is your serious solution.

Jettison ONE block to round it out.

Fly back to station, off load, and return Exactly to that spot.
(You will want to anyway unless your Ice Chunk was depleted.)

Scoop that one block.

Now you are all rounded out, and all you are risking is a single block of ice for less than a few minutes.

Christ, I have a bigger timing micro-management challenge in filling the hulks hold too fast before i can jettison again.

I wouldn't bring entitled sounding problems to these forums unless you are bolting on some serious thick skin.

Dan

Honey Never Sleeps. - John Russell

Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2016-09-19 21:23:15 UTC
My God. How did we ever manage to climb out of trees?

OP speaks logic. Learn it. Embrace it. Apply it. Love it.
Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#59 - 2016-09-19 21:25:21 UTC
Brokk Witgenstein wrote:
My God. How did we ever manage to climb out of trees?

OP speaks logic. Learn it. Embrace it. Apply it. Love it.

Getting out of trees is easy enough - just let go and gravity will help you out.

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2016-09-19 22:08:35 UTC
Yeah but how did people manage before Newton invented gravity?!??