These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

REDDIT - DEDDIT

Author
Arcelian
0nus
#41 - 2016-09-14 15:37:47 UTC
I was gone for a few years, and now these forums, are indeed a ghost town. It's the same 20 or so people in every thread.

So, why would CCP post here? So the whole two dozen folks that read these forums are in the know? Lol
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#42 - 2016-09-14 17:19:49 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
I'm out of here.

I was never a fan of Reddit until now. I just made an account.
oiukhp Muvila
Doomheim
#43 - 2016-09-14 18:25:37 UTC
Many can't stand and will never use REDDIT, even if that is mainly where CCP employees post.

CCP is doing its self a dis-service by posting official information there.

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#44 - 2016-09-14 22:32:41 UTC  |  Edited by: SmilingVagrant
oiukhp Muvila wrote:
Many can't stand and will never use REDDIT, even if that is mainly where CCP employees post.

CCP is doing its self a dis-service by posting official information there.

I'm not a huge fan of the format of reddit but again I'm old as hell.

All these millennials and there new fangled celly phones, when I was a teen you had to carry quarters in your pocket to make phone calls, unless you were rich, then you got the zack morris special brick phone.

EDIT: LOL if you don't remember getting a 911 text on your pager and rushing to find a pay phone.
Taishoku Mayaki
Feeling Cute Today
#45 - 2016-09-15 10:36:09 UTC
Bazooka Ubunghowl wrote:
im poor Really really poor cant make any isk on the street corner.. Can i pleez have yer stuff :-)

I'd comment in relation to the original topic but that has already been served up and salted.

But dear god Bazooka Unbunghowl you're a hideous thing, I want to add you to my circus!

"Right-O, lets get undocked and see what falls off the ship"

Dor Cadmon
New Artisian and Mercenary Association
#46 - 2016-09-15 10:55:54 UTC
Arcelian wrote:
I was gone for a few years, and now these forums, are indeed a ghost town. It's the same 20 or so people in every thread.

So, why would CCP post here? So the whole two dozen folks that read these forums are in the know? Lol

forums are a ghost town because any thread that has dissent in it gets insta locked faster than a svipul in Jita.

you might as well give up on the forums alltogether because its no longer an effective medium to voice concerns. Seems the devs might know this too.

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#47 - 2016-09-15 18:07:35 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
The ultimate insult. An issue with the new "event" (standings loss) and the "announcement" they're "investigating" appears in REDDIT by FALCON and not HERE.

Don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining. Love you guys. . . most of you.

I'm out of here. If there's one thing I cannot abide it's disloyalty. We PAY MONEY to be in THIS venue...not REDDIT.

Stick it management.
Can I have your corpse?

Shocked

Are you sure?

Remove standings and insurance.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#48 - 2016-09-15 18:35:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Serene Repose wrote:

You don't understand the corporate mentality, apparently. In the properly run oligarchy, the pesky people are held at a safe distance. That's why at the demonstrations for not arresting the ones who trashed the economy, the cops were facing US, not THEM. I don't expect them to change. I don't expect them to listen. And, my tirade may have been tasteless, but I guaran-goddam-tee you it is sincere.

Lackeys, line up in the rear for your free sandwiches.

On behalf of LE everywhere, We were facing you types because it was y'all throwing stuff and threatening people. When the suits start doing that too I'm sure we'll face both of you types...

And Shae is spot on, they don't have to cater to you who complain here, they have you and your money already, and your own actions say that you aren't going anywhere, so you are safe to ignore. Kind of like those real life protestors you are talking about, who protest corporations while continuing to buy those corporations products, signaling to those corporations that you don't really mean what you are saying...
Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
#49 - 2016-09-15 19:38:42 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

One of the more hilariously true images I've ever seen captioned up.

I've made no bones about my dislike of Reddit. I think the social media aspect of it's up/down vote system is more of a curse than a blessing in areas where the pond scum of humanity tend to hang out. However, in some areas of Reddit, it is actually more useful than not.

None of that addresses why these forums are here and what their purpose it. It also doesn't address why moderation is needed in official corporate forums and why companies should post in their official forums.

I am both a Reddit reader and a Forum reader/poster. I will always post here over Reddit because here my opinion is held equal by the forum to everyone else's. On Reddit, it's subject to the whims of the mob that happens to be logged in at the moment.

I don't care what you read, but those of you trying to eliminate the forums just because you like Reddit better are a pretty sad bunch because you're essentially saying that you lack the capacity to read more than one information source.

I find that very odd in an EVE player who has to get Intel from at least a dozens sources or risk being turned into space particles just going from point A to point B.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#50 - 2016-09-15 19:46:20 UTC
Pandora Carrollon wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

One of the more hilariously true images I've ever seen captioned up.

I've made no bones about my dislike of Reddit. I think the social media aspect of it's up/down vote system is more of a curse than a blessing in areas where the pond scum of humanity tend to hang out. However, in some areas of Reddit, it is actually more useful than not.

None of that addresses why these forums are here and what their purpose it. It also doesn't address why moderation is needed in official corporate forums and why companies should post in their official forums.

I am both a Reddit reader and a Forum reader/poster. I will always post here over Reddit because here my opinion is held equal by the forum to everyone else's. On Reddit, it's subject to the whims of the mob that happens to be logged in at the moment.

I don't care what you read, but those of you trying to eliminate the forums just because you like Reddit better are a pretty sad bunch because you're essentially saying that you lack the capacity to read more than one information source.

I find that very odd in an EVE player who has to get Intel from at least a dozens sources or risk being turned into space particles just going from point A to point B.

Wait, who is trying to get rid of these forums?
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#51 - 2016-09-15 19:50:51 UTC
Mara Pahrdi wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
The ultimate insult. An issue with the new "event" (standings loss) and the "announcement" they're "investigating" appears in REDDIT by FALCON and not HERE.

Don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining. Love you guys. . . most of you.

I'm out of here. If there's one thing I cannot abide it's disloyalty. We PAY MONEY to be in THIS venue...not REDDIT.

Stick it management.
Can I have your corpse?

Shocked

Are you sure?
I sell corpses via contracts, stock is stock at the end of the day Twisted

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ian Morbius
Potomac Greeting Card Company
#52 - 2016-09-16 00:01:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Ian Morbius
Where's the Reddit thread on CCP Games opening a new studio in London?
Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#53 - 2016-09-16 18:42:15 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:

I'm out of here.

We couldn't get that lucky.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Ethan Zoromir
Tempest Theory
#54 - 2016-09-16 22:33:23 UTC
I believe it was on the launcher before it was on Reddit.

Voxis Accord | Mixed sov null alliance with a strong focus on building a great community

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#55 - 2016-09-16 23:12:58 UTC
Dor Cadmon wrote:
Arcelian wrote:

forums are a ghost town because any thread that has dissent in it gets insta locked faster than a svipul in Jita.

you might as well give up on the forums alltogether because its no longer an effective medium to voice concerns. Seems the devs might know this too.

It's not really like that now, but it's going to take a while before that reputation disappears, assuming the current approach to moderation continues.

There's much more willingness to let discussion happen than there was a couple of years ago.

I have tonnes of respect for Ezwal, though I really appreciate the change in moderation by the ISDs since Bastorlode took the reins.
Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2016-09-16 23:24:05 UTC
OP c...can...can I have your stuff?

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#57 - 2016-09-17 00:26:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
CCP built it, they should come. They even went to the all of the trouble of creating an ISD corps to keep a handle on things. If nothing else, out of respect for ISD people (paid? unpaid? free subscriptions?), announcements ought to be on CCP's own site first, I think. We all know how trendy internet spots go-- they become the next FB, infected with too much trendiness and no hipsters want to be associated with them anymore. Or they become successful enough that they start acting corporate-like and stuffing ads other stuff down people's throats. Maybe buy stock in Reddit before it hits either phase, and retire or go belly up.

Keep hanging tight CCP, you've weathered through years of drama and absolute crap. Don't go to them, they can come to you.
Elite Harvester
Elite Harvesters
#58 - 2016-09-17 02:24:36 UTC
Reddit. Read it. Redd it.

Oh my God. I just realized that. Hahaha!!! Lol

Visit www.MinerBumping.com to find out how you can help save Highsec.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#59 - 2016-09-17 03:03:35 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
announcements ought to be on CCP's own site first, I think.

When aren't they?

In terms of official information from CCP, I can't think of a single occasion where it hasn't been posted on CCP's platform first and then just linked elsewhere.

There may be some examples, but all of the recent ones (including the situation that triggered this thread), the information was published here first.
oiukhp Muvila
Doomheim
#60 - 2016-09-17 08:36:18 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Khergit Deserters wrote:
announcements ought to be on CCP's own site first, I think.

When aren't they?

In terms of official information from CCP, I can't think of a single occasion where it hasn't been posted on CCP's platform first and then just linked elsewhere.

There may be some examples, but all of the recent ones (including the situation that triggered this thread), the information was published here first.

There are conversations taking place exclusively on a third party site that should be taking place on official Eve Online forums as they had in the past.

This has lead to a portion of the player base being favored over those who choose not to use that site.