These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[PIE] Coronation Fleet

Author
Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#21 - 2016-09-07 18:49:26 UTC
You care way too much about this.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Lord Kailethre
Tengoo Uninstallation Service
#22 - 2016-09-07 23:22:45 UTC
Maria Daphiti wrote:
Empire > Concord.

Now this is a sentiment I can get behind!
Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#23 - 2016-09-07 23:30:02 UTC
Lord Kailethre wrote:
Fleet Captain, can I bring my drake? My Navy issue Apocalypse is in a hard to reach hangar.

I get the joke, but I am sure you can scrounge up something a bit more appropriate. I'll add your name to the list under that assumption.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

William Danneskjold
#24 - 2016-09-07 23:40:18 UTC  |  Edited by: William Danneskjold
Clearly, the praetorians hate any livacious liveries under Sabik colors.

I wish your fleet luck, at any rate, and hope that the Empire, despite its flaws, is not thrown into turmoil due to the events foreshadowed by that terrorist attack.

War is murder. It always has been, always will be. Murder in the name of God. Freedom. Your country. Whatever it is, it is murder. I am already against the next set of wars.

W Sherman Elric
Argentum Holdings
#25 - 2016-09-08 00:17:56 UTC
Be careful here, this is a testing time do not fail the test of loyalty. Be sure of your actions and your willingness to be held accountable for them. I do not believe as most do, I know Her to be alive (if only in spirit). I know that those who are falling for this False Pretender will be held accountable upon Her Return. Know this you are being tested, do not fail.
Vlad Cetes
Original Sinners
Pandemic Legion
#26 - 2016-09-08 01:37:31 UTC
W Sherman Elric wrote:
Be careful here, this is a testing time do not fail the test of loyalty. Be sure of your actions and your willingness to be held accountable for them. I do not believe as most do, I know Her to be alive (if only in spirit). I know that those who are falling for this False Pretender will be held accountable upon Her Return. Know this you are being tested, do not fail.

No clone this time (that is known, if there was one there can always be others). Besides, what are you ingesting? Must be high (or extremely low) quality.
Lord Kailethre
Tengoo Uninstallation Service
#27 - 2016-09-08 15:40:57 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
Lord Kailethre wrote:
Fleet Captain, can I bring my drake? My Navy issue Apocalypse is in a hard to reach hangar.

I get the joke, but I am sure you can scrounge up something a bit more appropriate. I'll add your name to the list under that assumption.

I did edit the post to better reflect my intentions. It's likely I'll have enough work piled on me that day that could possibly bar my entrance into a capsule, but should I get through it I'll surely be able to make it, navy battleship and all.
Slobodan Hawkwood
House Hawkwood of Amarr
#28 - 2016-09-11 09:00:45 UTC
Would do my best to join the fleet for this momentous occasion!

"I will not hesitate when the test of Faith finds me, for only the strongest conviction will open the gates of paradise. My Faith in you is absolute; my sword is Yours, My God, and Your will guides me now and for all eternity."

Paladin's Creed

Eta Monakh
Frequent Flyers
Phoenix Naval Systems
#29 - 2016-09-14 06:55:18 UTC
I intend to be there (pending time-of-day), in part to represent my sister in this. Being there as part of the PIE fleet would add the cherry on top.
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#30 - 2016-09-15 19:34:02 UTC
In light of a potential (read known, but possibly toothless) threat to this fleet, I will be donating a sum of isk in order for PIE to purchase logistics ships to hand out, free of charge.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Jason Galente
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2016-09-15 19:49:10 UTC
I'd come just to take some potshots at the White SKIN supremacists, but alas, Hordelings get stitches when they go to highsec alone in a battleship. Maybe Horde will hop in a wormhole and bring its own fleet to watch, in which case, we'll be sure to bring some cultural enrichment from Pure Blind. (Read: definitely not spamming up local)

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Matar Ronin
#32 - 2016-09-15 20:09:37 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
In light of a potential (read known, but possibly toothless) threat to this fleet, I will be donating a sum of isk in order for PIE to purchase logistics ships to hand out, free of charge.
Don't get your panties twisted in a knot because of us. Your dog and pony parade is not worth losing sec status over.

You might instead want to listen to the rumors on the street that CODE is planning to visit, with and all hands on deck call, your little blob of expensive ships.

You are quite kind to tell anyone hunting you exactly what ships and doctrine you plan on using, I am sure they appreciate your sharing that intel so they can fit their doctrine accordingly.

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#33 - 2016-09-15 20:16:00 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
Don't get your panties twisted in a knot because of us. Your dog and pony parade is not worth losing sec status over.

I'm not. I'm donating isk to support a fleet with ships while laughing at your god awfully transparent "We're going to attack something, likely Amarrian" post.

Matar Ronin wrote:
You might instead want to listen to the rumors on the street that CODE is planning to visit, with and all hands on deck call, your little blob of expensive ships.
More free intel is always appreciated Mr Ronin. Anything else I should note down while you're at it?

Matar Ronin wrote:
You are quite kind to tell anyone hunting you exactly what ships and doctrine you plan on using, I am sure they appreciate your sharing that intel so they can fit their doctrine accordingly.

Pot. Meet Kettle.

VERY OPSEC POST wrote:
To all interested freedom loving capsuleers:

We are planning a roam and attack event for the 27th of this month.

Fully fit ships and ordinance will be provided at no cost to you.

We strongly urge that your implants be of little cost because they are likely to be lost.

Our activities will result in you losing some security standings so be forewarned.

Sign up and positioning yourself in the designated staging system in advance of 09/27 is mandatory for participation.

Location and time will be announced to respondents.

For security purposes specific details shall not be posted here on IGS.

Besides, simply saying Logistics ships isn't giving a lot away. Like, for example, that someone is planning to make an attack on something on the coronation day. Good heathens, now that really would be a tip off!

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Jason Galente
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2016-09-15 20:21:23 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:

You'll just use an associate, like everyone else. Yawn, security status is not a serious impediment when there are so many loopholes.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Matar Ronin
#35 - 2016-09-15 20:28:47 UTC
Actually for your dog and pony parade some of us will fly around with the Purity Skins on our ships so your bloodthirsty band of cultists frothing at the mouth, lose control and attack.

Then Concord polishes them off.

Small ships traded for your shiny battleships.

Now even with you knowing this in advance you will not be able to withstand the insult of our presence and will still attack and still be blown apart.

Knowing the weakness of an opponent is very useful, and your arrogance knows no boundaries.

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#36 - 2016-09-15 20:29:59 UTC
My Sides !

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#37 - 2016-09-15 20:34:48 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
Actually for your dog and pony parade some of us will fly around with the Purity Skins on our ships so your bloodthirsty band of cultists frothing at the mouth, lose control and attack.

Then Concord polishes them off.

Small ships traded for your shiny battleships.

Now even with you knowing this in advance you will not be able to withstand the insult of our presence and will still attack and still be blown apart.

Knowing the weakness of an opponent is very useful, and your arrogance knows no boundaries.

Doubling down I see. Would you like a shovel to help with that mighty big hole your mouth is attempting to dig or will you learn to quit while you're behind? Sabre rattling is one thing, but you done ****** up and now you're chest pouting to cover for it Mr Ronin.

Besides, even if you or others manage to gank some capsuleer ships, it's going to be tantamount to blowing a raspberry if you think it'd slow down the actual proceedings or dim the event. Most of us that are long in the tooth are quite used to malcontents turning up where they're not wanted, and still happy to make the most of things.

Matar Ronin
#38 - 2016-09-15 20:38:40 UTC
Then why complain and whine?

Matar Ronin
#39 - 2016-09-15 20:49:27 UTC
You make the best of things when malcontents show up?

I wonder if the malcontents turn out to be Drifters?

That didn't work out so well last time you held a dog and pony parade, from your point of view now did it?

The malcontents showed up, and before you all could pull your thumbs from your rumps, boom!

I am looking forward to act two, possibly entitled deja vu.

Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#40 - 2016-09-15 20:55:41 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:

"Also: Bwahahahaha!" ... or something.

Really, considering that every "Purity" SKIN in capsuleer hands was acquired by killing probably hundreds of "Purity" conspirators, it seems debatable whether bringing such ships to the coronation is provocation or homage.

"Behold! We provoke you by parading before you the proof of the deaths of your enemies!"

"Uh-- thanks?"