These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jump drive graphics

Author
Nalles
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2016-09-02 15:32:30 UTC
I love the graphics on the command destroyer when starting a jump. Everybody can see what is about to happen.

Can we please do some adjustments to the battleships so their jump-graphics become just as clear?
Nadia Toralen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2016-09-02 15:37:08 UTC
+1
Great Errol
Light of Kor-Azor
#3 - 2016-09-02 15:42:51 UTC
oh, not a bad idea.
Generally I feel a lot of the graphics could use an overhaul, so it would be more clear to see what is happening. Eg. ECM-bursts is almost impossible to see.

But it might look like you are making some stuff more clear, with the new on-grid-boosters.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#4 - 2016-09-02 22:57:38 UTC
Wouldn't it be much easier if you could just orbit someone and press a button that shows you the fit, the ammo, the skills, and automatically refits your boat by candy kitty to counter all situations at once?

For example, you fly an unfit boat and you see a boat you press "fight" and all the modules you need preferably all in purple would just appear on your boat and you win EVE.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Lugh Crow-Slave
#5 - 2016-09-03 03:11:31 UTC
Great Errol wrote:
oh, not a bad idea.
Generally I feel a lot of the graphics could use an overhaul, so it would be more clear to see what is happening. Eg. ECM-bursts is almost impossible to see.

But it might look like you are making some stuff more clear, with the new on-grid-boosters.

the problem with making the ECM-burst more noticeable is that its main adv is disorientation as the ability to relock a BB is not hard
Wimzy Chent-Shi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2016-09-03 16:35:05 UTC
It could use fancier animation. More eyecandy.
It is fair point that mjd is fairly subtle, so are most of the siege most (oh and checking for the bastion mode anims is not that great either) it would be neat for the users to feel cooler and for the scrammers to be better aware.
But if you can spot this amongs all the UI you should get an advantage.

Come get some cancer @ my blog !

"This clash of opinions is like cutting onions. We are creating something here, that's productive, ...and then there is also salt." -Wimzy 2016

Nalles
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2016-09-05 09:55:46 UTC
Wimzy Chent-Shi wrote:
It is fair point that mjd is fairly subtle, so are most of the siege most (oh and checking for the bastion mode anims is not that great either) it would be neat for the users to feel cooler and for the scrammers to be better aware.

Shield and rep-effects have become more visible and way easier to spot, than MJD, which seems wrong. Reuse the effect from the command-destroyers, but in a different tint. Problem solved.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#8 - 2016-09-05 10:23:58 UTC
Nalles wrote:
Wimzy Chent-Shi wrote:

Shield and rep-effects have become more visible and way easier to spot, than MJD, which seems wrong. Reuse the effect from the command-destroyers, but in a different tint. Problem solved.

why does that seem wrong? its a FAR bigger advantage to she when an MJD is spooling than when some one is using active reps/hardeners
Nalles
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2016-09-05 10:47:22 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Nalles wrote:
Wimzy Chent-Shi wrote:

why does that seem wrong? its a FAR bigger advantage to she when an MJD is spooling than when some one is using active reps/hardeners

I feel like we are saying the same thing?
To paraphrase. All new effects have become easier to spot and distinguish. Where the MJD has yet to follow.
With the updated shield and rep-effect, you can easier spot what is happening, but the MJD on BS and BC has yet to follow. Where i think that MJD is more prudent to be able to see, without using the lookat command.

Basically, take the effect from the command-destroyer and change the tint/hue, and I would be happy. Just make it visible.
Wimzy Chent-Shi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2016-09-05 13:23:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Wimzy Chent-Shi
yeah yeah, +1 whatever... siege stuff too pls.
Also name topics correctly for the sake of clarity.
Nobody cares as much for actual jump drive graphics as any sort of indication since once you see it the ship ia gone.

Come get some cancer @ my blog !

"This clash of opinions is like cutting onions. We are creating something here, that's productive, ...and then there is also salt." -Wimzy 2016

Lugh Crow-Slave
#11 - 2016-09-05 17:03:23 UTC
Nalles wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Nalles wrote:
Wimzy Chent-Shi wrote:

I feel like we are saying the same thing?
To paraphrase. All new effects have become easier to spot and distinguish. Where the MJD has yet to follow.
With the updated shield and rep-effect, you can easier spot what is happening, but the MJD on BS and BC has yet to follow. Where i think that MJD is more prudent to be able to see, without using the lookat command.

Basically, take the effect from the command-destroyer and change the tint/hue, and I would be happy. Just make it visible.

except im saying that is why they should not be made more visible so that you need to be watching to counter it and a pilot maybe able to slip away from a foe who is not looking
Voxinian
#12 - 2016-09-05 17:25:32 UTC
Wimzy Chent-Shi wrote:

About the eye candy, torpedo's used to have gigantic cool explosions. Granted, the graphics effect was bit dated, but now the torps are just as dull as a light missle. It's not a majestic boom, but a little plop. It's should not be as huge again, but now it's just dull to look at. Even a Star Trek photon torpedo from the '90s looks more spectacular.

I agree with the jump drive graphics too btw.... and an overhaul to the disruptor and ECM effects, it's all starting to look a bit old gen effects, but it does the job. Most people have decent graphics cards nowadays that can handle way more pretty pixels.