These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suggestions for minor changes regarding EvE

Author
Gerhard Stringfellow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-08-29 21:34:05 UTC
I think that minor changes to make the EvE Universe seem more alive would be easy to implement and make the universe seem more alive. I understand CCP is busy with a lot of projects and was I was trying to think what could be easy to accomplish while benefiting the game; I especially liked the recent SCOPE videos you made about the Keepstar death and that gave me a few ideas.

1. Provide estimates for capsuleer ship crews numbers and casualties

When it was announced in the SCOPE update that they estimated 100,000 contractors died, I felt that made the incident interesting in a way separate from Null-Sec politics and just being a blingy KM. It would be easy for CCP to establish a lore friendly number for the crew population of ships which I think would be cool to add to things like killmails; that way there would be an estimate for battles of how many crew/civilians died in a ship, or a battle, or a war. Especially for larger conflicts and internal corp histories of those conflicts it would be kind of fun to be able to say that "X number of people died/injured/evacuated" for corp wars aside from capsuleers.

2. PI Planets Lights Idea

This is a bit more vague on my part but I remember in Hisec seeing certain planets that were lit up to show that people were living on them. I always thought that was cool and it might be fun and make certain areas (especially nullsec) seem more alive and provide a somewhat entertaining effect to Temperate and possibly Barren Planets. It might seem minor but I feel like it would provide some nice ambience and let people know the EvE universe isn't just capsuleers.

I feel like making these changes would be really easy and time efficient ways to spruce EvE up.

Another pubbie elite PvE pay to win mining carebear

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2016-08-29 21:38:27 UTC
1. http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=New_Eden_Crew_Guidelines

This is taken from the old EVE wiki. These are the canon crew sizes CCP already established.

2. But then I'd just put my factories right on top of cities, like in the chronicle. Please don't encourage me to do that.
Gerhard Stringfellow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-08-29 21:42:40 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
1. http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=New_Eden_Crew_Guidelines

This is taken from the old EVE wiki. These are the canon crew sizes CCP already established.

2. But then I'd just put my factories right on top of cities, like in the chronicle. Please don't encourage me to do that.

Thanks. I've seen that before and a few other docs regarding crew size from wayyy back. I just felt like it might make fights seem more real and be another somewhat interesting number to add to reports and KMs.

2. I wasn't really thinking of it as affecting the PI at all or even showing up in the planet mode, but just as a shiny thing to see in space. It wouldn't be good if cities actually showed up on the resource view :C

Another pubbie elite PvE pay to win mining carebear