These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVEMon - The Open Source Character Planner (v3.0.2)

First post
Author
J'aurai
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2016-07-20 22:44:27 UTC
followed the instructions to reinstall everything.. same problems as the other guy

error: dotnet30sp1 conflicts with dotnet20sp1, which is already installed.

After that the manual install of .net 4.6.1 install failed.

I then ran the windows version of installer. It installed 4.6.1 and EveMon launched.

Cat Harkness
Twilight Labs
The Serenity Initiative
#42 - 2016-07-24 16:30:50 UTC
I have a quick question.

How can I see Corporate Industry Jobs for a Pilot?

Cat Harkness

CEO

Twilight Labs

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#43 - 2016-07-30 06:58:45 UTC
Is there a fix in the works for the problem that I cannot see anything in my Transactions tab and Market Oders tab? I use citadel markets but EVE Mon does not list a single of my orders and the transactions tab only lists results done in regular stations/outposts.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#44 - 2016-07-30 19:35:23 UTC  |  Edited by: KIller Wabbit
Love EVEMon! I recommend it to everyone I speak with.

I found a lot of utility in tracking manufacturing jobs on characters, when the characters were working out of personal hangers. A set of characters have now joined a common corp, which allowed for shared resources in the corp hangers. Now as I submit jobs from this common corp resource,but still as personal submissions, the jobs apparently look like corp jobs and are no longer tracked by EVEMon. Is this just a setting issue (either in the client job submission or EVEMon?), a bug, or a "feature" (haha!) ?

Second query: Can you enter a Corp API into EVEMon?

Edit: To clarify a bit - I don't see the common corp resource jobs listed in EVEMon under "Display industry jobs"
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#45 - 2016-07-31 05:55:30 UTC
You can use a corp API. When you create a new API key, you need to select "Corporation" in the Type drop down menu. As far as I know, only CEOs can do that and I am not sure if other chars than the CEO can see the data in EVE mon.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Sarge Osis
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2016-08-01 17:31:35 UTC
I have an alt training "light fighters" and my main already has it. The alt shows training "unknown skill" and it doesn't show up at all in my skill tree on either character. Could this be a problem with bringing in settings from the 2.0 version?
Scott Ormands
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2016-08-06 12:59:58 UTC
I have a problem currently wheeree it seems evemon is not accurately reflecting total SP or skill levels after sp extraction
u3pog
Ministerstvo na otbranata
#48 - 2016-08-08 09:00:28 UTC  |  Edited by: u3pog
Scott Ormands wrote:
I have a problem currently wheeree it seems evemon is not accurately reflecting total SP or skill levels after sp extraction

I have the same problem.

Edit: The SP information updated few days ago, must have been an issue with CCP.
Medria Lennelluc
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#49 - 2016-08-18 21:45:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Medria Lennelluc
Not sure if this has been reported, but EveMon crashes because of citadel contracts (reliably)

When a contract notification pops up and you want to remove it, it crashes. next time it does so, I will post a crash report.

edit:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at EVEMon.Controls.NotificationList.ContractsEndedMessage(ContractsNotificationEventArgs contractsNotification) in EVEMon\Controls\NotificationList.cs:line 688
   at EVEMon.Controls.NotificationList.DisplayTooltip(NotificationEventArgs notification) in EVEMon\Controls\NotificationList.cs:line 530
   at EVEMon.Controls.NotificationList.listBox_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in EVEMon\Controls\NotificationList.cs:line 294
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Datafile report:
  eve-blueprints-en-US.xml.gzip (193KiB - 8d9de77fb1705dd1e739ba10c583eb03)
  eve-certificates-en-US.xml.gzip (44KiB - e30974b3980b6bd80f21b71ffa1d0ebd)
  eve-geography-en-US.xml.gzip (531KiB - c60dd6b987340ff7d848f7eedc5a39c4)
  eve-items-en-US.xml.gzip (1761KiB - b534807e3fbd97ff8955a024fd8bc93b)
  eve-masteries-en-US.xml.gzip (20KiB - 7b07e6d5609b7277c3cbf4e486430240)
  eve-properties-en-US.xml.gzip (53KiB - 6c5771edd993e540d77679daf91e2c35)
  eve-reprocessing-en-US.xml.gzip (97KiB - 0274d4572164cf2ecdebc36b887886fd)
  eve-skills-en-US.xml.gzip (23KiB - 72e19887522d7cf27e077406618e3872)
Eye-Luv-Girls wDaddyIssues
Hookers N' Blow
#50 - 2016-08-19 14:37:33 UTC
Starting to get more and more errors in general. Not trying to take away from your work appreciate it.

If you want I can start reporting said errors seems to be related to transactions in citadels.

Stupid Citadels.
Zaepho
Goosewarms
Tactical Hunters and Gatherers
#51 - 2016-08-21 18:06:50 UTC
3.0.2 Does not recognize .Net 4.6.2 as a valid .Net version to install with.
Cat Harkness
Twilight Labs
The Serenity Initiative
#52 - 2016-08-22 00:57:20 UTC
Just noticed this bug.

When someone Withdraws there application to a corp it show up as "Mercenary Application Withdrawn".

Cat Harkness

CEO

Twilight Labs

Golden Gnu
Lobach Inc.
#53 - 2016-08-22 09:39:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Golden Gnu
I have had evemon 3.0.2 crash a lot while minimized or when clicking to show it (not sure which, as the icon just disappear when I click it)
Today it crashed while I had it opened and I got an error dialog: "Ran out of memory" (Translated from danish). I have 16GB of RAM (about 33% was used when evemon crashed) on Windows 10 (up-to-date). I have .Net 4 installed, but, not sure about the exact version, I assume windows update keeps it up-to-date?

I could not find any documentation on how to submit a log, so, if you need that, you will have to let me know how to do that :)

Thank you for taking on the task of maintaining EveMon.

Creator of jEveAssets - the asset manager

"Download is the meaning of life, upload is the meaning of intelligent life"

Oranen
Tax Skippers
#54 - 2016-08-25 21:10:42 UTC
Pretty new to Eve Mon.

When I go thru the skills brower all skills have an amount in ISK next to them? What does that represent and any way to tell the actual numerical value of skill points for each training level? I'm sure this is widely know, but just me.
Cat Harkness
Twilight Labs
The Serenity Initiative
#55 - 2016-08-26 02:10:10 UTC
Oranen wrote:
Pretty new to Eve Mon.

When I go thru the skills brower all skills have an amount in ISK next to them? What does that represent and any way to tell the actual numerical value of skill points for each training level? I'm sure this is widely know, but just me.

The ISK amount is the cost of the Skill Book.

Cat Harkness

CEO

Twilight Labs

Enta Ozuwara
State War Academy
Caldari State
#56 - 2016-08-30 10:50:53 UTC
There's quite a bit wrong with the Linux binaries.

First of all, they use backspaces as path seperators. Even if this is intentional, some archivers (XArchiver) will autocorrect this while others do it.

Then either of these two issues occurs:

Loopback interface IP could not be looked up (XArchiver)

Path not found (all other archivers I tested)

Is there a reason EVEMon needs to target the absolute bleeding edge of .NET?
DestructionsRightHand
Roving Guns Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#57 - 2016-08-31 05:23:47 UTC
Kuatthlor wrote:
I managed to run the latest evemon under Linux, specifically Ubuntu 14.04. It will probably work on all later versions of Ubuntu (or mint, Debian ...) Similar procedure will probably work for any other Linux distro that is not apt based (are there any massochists around who use those at home?)

Here is how I achieved it:

1. remove wine installed by the system:
apt --installed list | grep wine | awk -F/ '{ print $1 }' | sudo xargs apt remove

2. add winehq wine repository:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wine/wine-builds
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-devel

3. clean any old wine settings:
mv ~/.wine ~/.wine_old

4. set wine to 32bit mode (yeah it sux but ...)
export WINEARCH=win32

5. get latest winetricks
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks
chmod 755 winetricks

6. use winetricks to install dotnet 4.5.2:
./winetricks

Select the default wineprefix (click ok)
Install a Windows DLL or component (click ok)
select the following:

• dotnet20
  • dotnet20sp1
  • dotnet30sp1
  • dotnet35
  • dotnet40
  • dotnet45
  • dotnet452

Winetricks will install them all, it will pop a few errors about mono not being installed that you can ignore. If it tells you to reboot, choose to reboot later

Dotnet installation will set your windows version to 2003 and that is just not enough!

7. Set windows version
run winecfg
In the first window set windows version to Windows 7

8. Download dotnet 4.6.1 from Microsoft site:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49982
If this link doesn't work for any reason, goodle dot net 4.6.1 offline installer (online wont work)
run the downloaded file in wine:
wine ~/Downloads/NDP461-KB3102436-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe /q 
(you have to run it with /q or it will fail)

9. Download evemon binaries, and run them with wine (and enjoy!!)

I keep running into errors (many are posted here).

I am running:
Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

To get it to install I followed your guide with the following adjustments:

Quote:

6. use winetricks to install dotnet 4.5.2:
./winetricks

Select the default wineprefix (click ok)
Install a Windows DLL or component (click ok)
select the following:

• dotnet20
  • dotnet20sp1
  • dotnet30sp1
  • dotnet35
  • dotnet40
  • dotnet45
  • dotnet452

I installed these in reverse order, doing 452, 45, 40, 35, then stopped. I only did one at a time as I was debugging between each installation to find the needed packages between crash dumps.

Then continue on with steps 7 and 8, as documented.

'wine EVEMon.exe' worked at this point.
Jack Haakaari
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#58 - 2016-08-31 16:50:35 UTC
I can't seem to get EvEmon to import a text list of skills like EVE itself accepts; it tells me that hasn't been supported since 1.3.0
Eye-Luv-Girls wDaddyIssues
Hookers N' Blow
#59 - 2016-09-02 11:15:02 UTC
I suspect this has already been mentioned.

But in the evemon window after you suck some SP out of a character your SP total does not drop. Post-Extraction SP are wrong.

Thanks
Idris Kalmar
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2016-09-05 23:04:04 UTC
The behavior below is one I am just noticing (although it may not have originated in the most recent version - I have been away from Eve for a few months). It may be intended, but it feels more like a bug or unintentional consequence of another UI change.

When moving skills in a skillplan using the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons the skill moves up or down one position in the plan (as it did before), but then all selected skills are deselected and the skillplan scrolls to the very top of the list. Previously it was possible to select one or more skills and then move it/them repeatedly up or down without the skill(s) being de-selected and with no automatic window scrolling.

Further, when dragging one or more skills to a new location in the skillplan it will also now de-select the skills that were dragged. This also automatically scrolls the window, but instead of automatically scrolling to the top it seems to place the lowermost of the swapped skills at the bottom of the screen.

Overall, skill planning is still quite doable: I am working around this behavior without much trouble. That said, my personal feeling is that it's a bit jarring for the UI to deselect something I had manually selected - particularly when the screen invariably gets scrolled to another location as well.

Side note: Thank you for all of the hard work that has made this program what it is today! There's no way I'd be able to manage my stable of pilots without it!