These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Looking for mission running partner

Author
Iris Garwin
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-08-14 16:05:04 UTC
Hello!

I'm a relatively new player interested in mission running and pvp. Currently I'm looking for someone who'd be interested in running L4 missions together.
I'm lacking standing and ISK to properly run L4's, but if anyone's looking for a partner for mission running to make their life easier, let me know.
Max Fubarticus
Raging Main
Bullets Bombs and Blondes
#2 - 2016-08-14 16:23:55 UTC
Iris Garwin wrote:
Hello!

I'm a relatively new player interested in mission running and pvp. Currently I'm looking for someone who'd be interested in running L4 missions together.
I'm lacking standing and ISK to properly run L4's, but if anyone's looking for a partner for mission running to make their life easier, let me know.

I would recommend the recruitment thread buddy. I think you will find some welcome responses. Good luck.

Max

Civil discourse is uniquely human. After all, when is the last time a pride of lions and a herd of water buffalo negotiated SOV over a watering hole? Never. Someone either gets their ass kicked or eaten. At the end of the day someone holds SOV.

Iris Garwin
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-08-14 16:39:00 UTC
Thanks very much, didn't know there was one.
Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#4 - 2016-08-14 17:35:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Essael
Iris Garwin wrote:
Hello!

Mail a character called Bobinu. He may be able to help.

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Serene Repose
#5 - 2016-08-14 23:26:59 UTC
Might I also add, don't be a stranger in your NPC Corporation chat. It's a good place to meet people, and quite possibly discover some break away action which could snowball into something memorable. Talk it up. Say what you're up to. Ask if anyone's interested. They're already in Caldari space anyway, and some are quite likely to have reached the same point in the game as yourself. Don't just mention it once one day, and be discouraged by no immediate response. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

aldhura
Blackjack and Exotic Dancers
Top Tier
#6 - 2016-08-14 23:42:12 UTC
when are you on ? I will be happy to help a new player get going. pretty much all I do these days. Just drop me a mail. Best bet of course is to join a good corp.
Rogwar Toralen
AZLE FUN STUFF
#7 - 2016-08-15 19:22:49 UTC
Check out Eve University. Lots of great people and learning. Run missions in high, low and null. Do wormhole sites as well. Incursions, etc.

Learn, teach others, and move on.

http://www.eveuniversity.org/

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Applying_to_EVE_University

Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#8 - 2016-08-23 16:22:39 UTC
Also be friendly and ask in local chat if you're at a mission running hub.
Yarosara Ruil
#9 - 2016-08-23 16:51:44 UTC
A nice friendly reminder that you shouldn't scam on the forums (but everything goes in-game). This works both ways, whether you're the requesting party and the helping party.

So yeah, be careful on who you ask to play with you. EVE is like a prison yard, and being part of a gang and avoiding being shanked in the cafeteria is part of the fun!
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#10 - 2016-08-23 18:26:15 UTC
Yarosara Ruil wrote:
A nice friendly reminder that you shouldn't scam on the forums (but everything goes in-game). This works both ways, whether you're the requesting party and the helping party.

So yeah, be careful on who you ask to play with you. EVE is like a prison yard, and being part of a gang and avoiding being shanked in the cafeteria is part of the fun!

I believe that you extracted the bolded from your copy of Yarosara's Make-Believe Rule Book, as that rule only really applies to Character Bazaar and NCQ&A

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-08-23 18:54:06 UTC
look up

help my mission

channel + website

use to be a L4's channel, dunno if it's still active
Bessa Miros
#12 - 2016-08-23 19:17:46 UTC
Hi Iris,

Good luck and write me ingame if you still need a partner.

-fly safe
Yarosara Ruil
#13 - 2016-08-23 19:28:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Yarosara Ruil
Bumblefck wrote:
I believe that you extracted the bolded from your copy of Yarosara's Make-Believe Rule Book, as that rule only really applies to Character Bazaar and NCQ&A

Hey, I like my fairytales! No shame in that! And in my defense, I said "shouldn't", not "can't".

Imagine if people started offering ISK doubling services on GD? I mean, it only takes common sense to know better that doing that is a quick way to lose your posting priveledges.

Plus, it was just a word of caution.
Solecist Project
#14 - 2016-08-23 20:46:01 UTC
Yarosara Ruil wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:

Hey, I like my fairytales! No shame in that! And in my defense, I said "shouldn't", not "can't".

Imagine if people started offering ISK doubling services on GD? I mean, it only takes common sense to know better that doing that is a quick way to lose your posting priveledges.

Plus, it was just a word of caution.

Did you know they introduce guristas headwear? :D

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia