These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Interdiction probe launcher

Author
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#1 - 2016-08-22 10:39:09 UTC
Please reduce the cpu requirement of said launcher to 50 and make it fit on all ships.

We don't want module restrictions to limit the "creativity" of humans.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

afk phone
Repo Industries
#2 - 2016-08-22 13:29:43 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Please reduce the cpu requirement of said launcher to 50 and make it fit on all ships.

Giving it just a quick thought, I think this might break eve. Dictors are fast and fagile. Putting one a garmur would be way OP. Putting one on any cov ops cloak ship would be OP. Bubbling cyno bait prophecy would be really funny..... once.

There are just too many avenues for super uses.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#3 - 2016-08-22 13:34:28 UTC
I do not believe it will. By that "logic" the very too well over-used cyno on every ships breaks EVE and it does.

Give that cyno 80257265295 gazillion cpu use and 800000000 strontium. Give Recon ships and only the a strontium bay and a cpu fitting bonus for them.

EVE fixed.

Dark Lord Trump
0.0 Massive Dynamic
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2016-08-22 13:34:56 UTC
OK. So what does a dictor do now?

I'm going to build a big wall that will keep the Gallente out, and they're going to pay for it!

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#5 - 2016-08-22 13:43:42 UTC  |  Edited by: elitatwo
Dark Lord Trump wrote:

You mean a sabre. There seems to be only one of those for 20.000 years the top boat of all they keyboards.

For once, they could to damage. And as all the other not-cyno ships light more cynos?

afk phone
Repo Industries
#6 - 2016-08-22 14:22:52 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Dark Lord Trump wrote:

You mean a sabre. There seems to be only one of those for 20.000 years the top boat of all they keyboards.

For once, they could to damage. And as all the other not-cyno ships light more cynos?

And that's just it. If a sabre pops out a bubble and lights a cyno, in many cases it would be a race to jump to the cyno before sabre goes boom. There is a good reason why sabres aren't typical cyno boats. They are too fragile.

Deploying a warp bubble is a pretty specialized thing that can have spectacular effects. It goes with the ship and it's balanced. Why wreck it.

Back to your original post - What specifically do you want to put a bubble launcher on?

My main 'it would break eve' point is the covert ops bubbler. I like to gank maybe a little more than the next girl, but this would make taking out PI haulers on custom too easy - especially in wh space. To that end, I think low end wh space would be cloaky bubbled into a wasteland possibly when the patch notes of the change was deployed. The mass-range bad idea did pretty much the same before release.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#7 - 2016-08-22 14:29:58 UTC
Now I do miss afkalt, he always could see through me.

This is not about bubbles but the lighter that is supposed to only be lit by a lighting boat and not an Ibis. The "risk" of an Ibis is 0.

That is why all boat has cyno. People that are disabled make cyno and let the server fight for them.

It does not make sense and involves 0 "risk".

Make cyno fitting restriction and all is well in EVE.

Eye-Luv-Girls wDaddyIssues
Hookers N' Blow
#8 - 2016-08-22 15:40:15 UTC
elitatwo wrote:

This has to be troll bait.

Lets just allow every module on every ship.
Dark Lord Trump
0.0 Massive Dynamic
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2016-08-22 16:48:51 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Dark Lord Trump wrote:

So are you suggesting that only interdictors can light cynos or that dictors be shafted into a damage-dealing role, which they are currently as good as a T1 destroyer at? Because both suck.

I'm going to build a big wall that will keep the Gallente out, and they're going to pay for it!

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#10 - 2016-08-22 17:15:37 UTC
I said that already, they only belong on Recons.

Dark Lord Trump
0.0 Massive Dynamic
Pandemic Horde
#11 - 2016-08-22 17:31:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Dark Lord Trump
elitatwo wrote:
I said that already, they only belong on Recons.

That's hard to tell when you're also talking about 8000000 strontium. So if dictors can't light cynos and everyone and their dog can launch bubbles, what's a dictor supposed to do? Do you have any statistics/bonuses you'd want on the reworked not-dictors? How do you plan on keeping them from being overshadowed by T3Ds like assault frigates? What specialized role do you plan to give them?

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2016-08-22 17:38:22 UTC
Show us on the doll where the mean old hotdropper touched you. Roll
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#13 - 2016-08-22 18:27:32 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Show us on the doll where the mean old hotdropper touched you. Roll

Bad sacks and ramulans (huhuhu) always drop their poop capitals on 4 cruisers.

The thing remain, cyno mod belong on Recons or out of the game. And that dictor bubble thing was a joke. Haven't you ever noticed me being sarcastic?

You know me better, dear Blink

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2016-08-22 18:59:13 UTC
Why recons? Why do I need a 200 million ISK cruiser to move my rorqual to and from the refinery? Or to throw 20 bombers at a ratter, or 20 hurricanes at a marauder?
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#15 - 2016-08-22 20:16:51 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
The thing remain, cyno mod belong on Recons or out of the game. And that dictor bubble thing was a joke. Haven't you ever noticed me being sarcastic?

I rather not have to train my cyno alts into Recons ... and then lose 6 recons with every logistics trip that I do. Thanks.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#16 - 2016-08-22 23:53:14 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Why recons? Why do I need a 200 million ISK cruiser to move my rorqual to and from the refinery? Or to throw 20 bombers at a ratter, or 20 hurricanes at a marauder?

Because an Ibis is not "risk". If you want a cyno, risk something. If you cannot bring some ships to help your Recon buddy, you shouldn't be dropping 3000 blackops or carriers on someone.

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#17 - 2016-08-23 13:55:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Donnachadh
elitatwo wrote:

OK so lets allow cov ops cloaks on ALL ships including capitals because no limits to creativity.
And lets allow jump drive on all ships because no creativity limits.
And lets allow players to have both turrets and launchers on the same hull because no creativity limits.
Lets remove slot restrictions and simply give ships slots you can put stuff in because the whole high, mid, low and rig thing stifles creativity.
And while we are at it we need to give all ships limitless PG, CPU and Calibration because there should be no limits to creativity.

The more I think about this the more I like this idea of no limits, just think of the crazy stuff people would come up with.Big smile

In the end ships are like tools and there is a right tool for every job.
Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#18 - 2016-08-23 15:42:42 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

Because an Ibis is not "risk". If you want a cyno, risk something. If you cannot bring some ships to help your Recon buddy, you shouldn't be dropping 3000 blackops or carriers on someone.

I am beginning to understand - you got hot-dropped by someone flying a rookie ship with a cyno on it. You now (rightfully) feel like a dumbass for trying to kill a rookie ship (and failing) before his friends showed up to blap you into oblivion. Now you're here braying about risk.

And yet you were the one who initially thought, hey, it's a rookie ship, easy kill, what could possibly go wrong.

Why should the rest of us be forced to suffer because you're a ******* moron?

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#19 - 2016-08-23 15:52:10 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

I am beginning to understand - you got hot-dropped by someone flying a rookie ship with a cyno on it. You now (rightfully) feel like a dumbass for trying to kill a rookie ship (and failing) before his friends showed up to blap you into oblivion. Now you're here braying about risk.

And yet you were the one who initially thought, hey, it's a rookie ship, easy kill, what could possibly go wrong.

Why should the rest of us be forced to suffer because you're a ******* moron?

Someone failed to investigate, I do not fail and even when bad sacs are dropping 12 blackops on me, I just warp of. They can cuddle with their fail-drop somewhere else.

No my complaint is, I know those lesser life forms always have a cyno on everything.

The last blackops drop that didn't fail was from a lowsex corp that announced them properly with a rapier. All was fine.

Always the thanatos with the fighters that help the helpless and fight for them. They either risk something or go back to highsec.

Vic Jefferson
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#20 - 2016-08-23 17:16:08 UTC
elitatwo wrote:

This is silly. The whole point of the dictor class is that they get the ability to drop bubbles, but are weak and require finesse or luck to survive. If anything could fit the launcher, Sabres would be just low-tier svipuls. If Svipuls could fit a bubble....

There's plenty of creativity with Sabres. Why, you can solo with them, you can fleet with them, you can small gang with them, you can even cyno with them!

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

12Next page