These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Can we get another character resculpt before mutliplayer WiS?

Author
Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2011-09-16 08:29:09 UTC
Not just to perfect our characters but also to correct some bugs that were introduced in Incarna.

For example, many female characters experienced involuntary boob inflation. There was a thread in the bug section about this in the old forums. I had to resculpt this character to fix it earlier today (I kept waiting for another free resculpt so as not to bother GMs with it but it never came), but the GM-given resculpts force you to start from scratch. Or, at least, it worked that way for me.

In my experience the CCP-granted freebies save your character info and let you refine existing sculptings, which is all I wished to do for a boob reduction.

Anyway, given that people will want to show off their new selves in multiplayer environments, is it safe to assume we're going to get another chance to refine or fix issues with our character models?
Sellendis
The Ares project
#2 - 2011-09-16 08:32:33 UTC
Ooooh, on this i agree. My char looked good in making, in CQ it looks like a monkey with downs syndrome, bad lighting or whatever its still far from char creation look.
And i doubt i could remake the char in the same way, so editing would be a nice option.
Rohnann Varr
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-09-16 08:42:37 UTC
Sellendis wrote:
Ooooh, on this i agree. My char looked good in making, in CQ it looks like a monkey with downs syndrome, bad lighting or whatever its still far from char creation look.
And i doubt i could remake the char in the same way, so editing would be a nice option.

I third that.
Everything looked swell in the character creator... Ah well, except for maybe a little inconsistency, but nobody is perfect. But in the Quarters he looked... different.

"No really, I have virtually NO idea what I am doing here" _ -Me, at any given time i'm asked what I want to do in EVE_

Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#4 - 2011-09-16 08:44:18 UTC
As long as you can either ignore or turn down that option. My character is perfect :P Wouldn't change a single thing!
Jenn Ymor
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-09-16 08:50:03 UTC
Just replying to say that it would be a nice idea. We get remaps once in a while, so why not doing the same for a "makeover"? I also experienced the phenomenom that it looked good in the character creator, but just downright awful in cq. On the other hand,I guess walking outside the cq will still take a while till it arrives, so no hurry ccp. Roll
Zangorus
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2011-09-16 09:02:10 UTC
No

Like my comment and recieve 1 million isk ingame!

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#7 - 2011-09-16 09:21:15 UTC
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
As long as you can either ignore or turn down that option. My character is perfect :P Wouldn't change a single thing!

Your nose looks like e german WWII experimental plane.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#8 - 2011-09-16 09:28:10 UTC
Ciar Meara wrote:
Meryl SinGarda wrote:

Your nose looks like e german WWII experimental plane.

That's okay, your entire face looks like an old British woman! hah! P
Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#9 - 2011-09-16 09:31:56 UTC
That's the way ammarians are supposed to look :)

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
#10 - 2011-09-16 10:12:44 UTC
OP looks like a monkey now.

The free resculpts should only be given out if they actually change content for the character creation. LIKE ADDING RACIAL DIFFERENCES??????!!!!!111111

I hate not being able to distinguish us glorious Gallente from you Caldari scumbags.

Haviing your portrait painted here helps INTAKI Disabled Children ♥

Ex0101
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2011-09-16 10:18:40 UTC
Would love to get a free resculpt to, id even go as far as to have it as a NeX option, as im not happy with my characters look either, its so different in WiS, but the problems still going to be there that you cant see what you really look like in station as the character editor is clearly so much different :(
Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2011-09-16 19:39:55 UTC
The forums are swarmed with devs. Surely one of them can provide an answer to this simple question. X
Tethys Atreides
The Audacity of Huge
#13 - 2011-09-16 19:45:28 UTC
Meryl SinGarda wrote:

I concur.
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2011-09-16 19:46:10 UTC
I still haven't used the 1st "free recustomization", I just hope it's still there the day I choose to use it.
Pyx Jasta
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2011-09-16 20:09:48 UTC
Ciar Meara wrote:
That's the way ammarians are supposed to look :)

So they motivate their slaves with tea and Jammie Dodgers? Maybe the Minie's shouldn't have rebelled!

I'm pretty happy, but I wouldn't mind another recustomization.
Gaia Ma'chello
V.I.C.E.
#16 - 2011-09-16 20:23:29 UTC
+1. I need a boob reduction too. They look cartoonish.
Wu Spacey
Spacey Assignments
#17 - 2011-09-16 20:23:47 UTC
Breast size was inflated at some point, I need to take that down a notch to be happy with my char.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#18 - 2011-09-16 21:01:24 UTC
Gaia Ma'chello wrote:
+1. I need a boob reduction too. They look cartoonish.

My alt formely had an A cup and could use that reduction too (this char is just so well with her C cup).

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2011-09-23 12:02:09 UTC
Bumping my own thread while the Devs roam through!
SilentSkills
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2011-09-23 12:47:59 UTC
If you want to deflate your boobs in game get killed by a stiletto. You may want to open up your blouse so that the sharp pointy edges don't mess up your NEX content.
12Next page