These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Griefing still alive and well, I see...

First post
Author
Sc0rpyon
EZ-Life
#41 - 2016-08-18 20:52:45 UTC
Sasha Nemtsov wrote:
Sc0rpyon wrote:
So, I left this game about 10 years back or so (with a brief resurgence about 7 years ago) - mostly because of the sheer amount of pointless griefing that was going on.

Then my mate said I should come back and start playing again. I grudgingly agreed to give it another go and see if the game had improved.

So... 3 days in, I've got my mining barge up and running. All good. I hop on over to a *cough* "safe" space Asteroid belt in 0.8 sec. 0.8 sec.... Not some crappy low sec. 0.8....

All is good for a while until suddenly out of nowhere, I notice warning lights and sirens go off.
Within half a secon, my shields and armour are gone and never enough time to hop back to the station.
Boom.

Shortly after that, the police finally decide to turn up and blow the idiot griefer up.
What for? There was really no point for this idiot to do this other than to just cause someone else problems. The fact that he had a 500,000,000 bounty on him says plenty, I guess.

Yep. Turns out Eve hasn't got any better.
Bit of a shame, really.
:-(

I'm sorry for your loss, Sc0rpyon.

This seems like a good time for you to invest in a Mining Permit. They're only 10m Isk and valid for one year. Reach out to me in-game and we'll set you up.

Thanks.
Sc0rpyon
EZ-Life
#42 - 2016-08-18 21:01:12 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Sc0rpyon wrote:
Hmm, at least (most) of the last few responses have been reasonable with legitimate suggestions to consider.
(Aside from a couple of silly childish attempts at one line retorts from a couple of little kids).

Sc0rpyon wrote:
You play Call of Douchebags.
Suddenly everything becomes clear.
Your opinion is invalid.

Just going to leave these here

And now we're on to cherry-picking, like a feminist.
How wonderful! :-)

Can we all join in?
Shallanna Yassavi
qwertz corp
#43 - 2016-08-18 21:17:22 UTC
Without gankers, hisec mining and hauling would be seriously, mind-numbingly boring, even more so than it already is.
That guy and this saved you an expensive lesson with a freighter.

Or you're related to certain gankers and are laughing maniacally in comms with every new page.

A signature :o

Sere O'Asis
Desert Oasis Investigations
#44 - 2016-08-18 22:03:02 UTC
Faylee Freir wrote:
Concord is there to provide consequences, not protect.

This is pertinent. I wish I could have a banner proclaiming this upon the exit gate of every starter system in EVE; cause there'd be a lot less frustration on all our parts, if new player/returning players understood the realities of the game.

Concord punishes. It does not protect.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#45 - 2016-08-18 22:46:52 UTC
Sc0rpyon wrote:
Doesn't anybody around here just talk about stuff?

Looks like you just picked the wrong spot to vent.
A quick forum orientation is in order i feel.
New citizens Questions and answers : Vets being suspiciously nice to newbies, if there were candy involved the fbi would storm the place (go here for troll free general advice)
General discussion : Here be trolls, its grand once you catch the beat and flow of it
Warefare and tactics : Faction warefare smacktalk
Ships and modules : I has ship, halp!
Crime & punishment : the place to talk yourself/someone onto/off the shitlist ... Or just pay mercenaries.
Player features and ideas discussion : Where sense goes to die

Out of pod experiance : Here be solvent abusers, they giggle a lot and touch your face...
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#46 - 2016-08-18 23:02:48 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Sc0rpyon wrote:

New citizens Questions and answers : Vets being suspiciously nice to newbies, if there were candy involved the fbi would storm the place (go here for troll free general advice)
General discussion : Here be trolls, its grand once you catch the beat and flow of it
Crime & punishment : the place to talk yourself/someone onto/off the shitlist ... Or just pay mercenaries.

Out of pod experiance : Here be solvent abusers, they giggle a lot and touch your face...

Also C&P is where ISD send threads to be trolled apparently

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Nitshe Razvedka
#47 - 2016-08-18 23:03:56 UTC
Sc0rpyon wrote:
Sc0rpyon wrote:
Hmm, at least (most) of the last few responses have been reasonable with legitimate suggestions to consider.
(Aside from a couple of silly childish attempts at one line retorts from a couple of little kids).

Sc0rpyon wrote:
You play Call of Douchebags.
Suddenly everything becomes clear.
Your opinion is invalid.

Just going to leave these here

And now we're on to cherry-picking, like a feminist.
How wonderful! :-)

Can we all join in?

I said thank Noragan for the guide, not call him a feminist. And don't thank the Codie for the licence, just say 'bash it up your asss'.

Got it. RollSmile

Thieving pirates discuss INTEGRITY; Anarchist gankers give us LAWS; and Whoring merc's cry then blow off clients with INSULTS.

Up is down and down is up in the C&P Forum.

Lawrence Lawton
The Lawton School for Pubbies Who Can't Mine Good
Novus Ordo.
#48 - 2016-08-19 02:48:49 UTC
Sc0rpyon wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
Sc0rpyon wrote:
No..... griefing is committing an act for the sole purpose of causing grief.
Ganking is simply attacking someone who wasn't prepared for it.
Maybe you should learn your stuff..

For reference, this could be considered both ganking AND griefing, since the two are in no way exclusive.

Jeez, and I thought Elite players were bad at understanding simple concepts like this...

Run your mouth some more and you'll be griefed again soon.

Sigh... calm down, dear...

Ignorant and condescending. Learn your place, miner. You have just earned yourself a place on the Red Pen List. Your permit costs are now tripled to 30m ISK and you are at increased risk of ganking.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#49 - 2016-08-19 05:27:55 UTC
Lawrence Lawton wrote:
Sc0rpyon wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
Sc0rpyon wrote:

For reference, this could be considered both ganking AND griefing, since the two are in no way exclusive.

Jeez, and I thought Elite players were bad at understanding simple concepts like this...

Ignorant and condescending. Learn your place, miner. You have just earned yourself a place on the Red Pen List. Your permit costs are now tripled to 30m ISK and you are at increased risk of ganking.

We know what you really do with that red pen.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Sc0rpyon
EZ-Life
#50 - 2016-08-19 06:47:00 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Sc0rpyon wrote:

Hmm, thanks - this is good stuff to know.
Appreciated.
Sc0rpyon
EZ-Life
#51 - 2016-08-19 06:55:16 UTC
Lawrence Lawton wrote:
Sc0rpyon wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
Sc0rpyon wrote:

Lawrence,

Your permit offer intrigues me.
I'm in.

Scorpyon
Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#52 - 2016-08-19 08:23:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Morgan Agrivar
Wow, the salt content from the OP and Nitshe are just overwheming.

Ok, original poster...here is the deal.

I am not even going to bother looking at the killmail because a couple of the posters already commented on it, and I was right in what I was thinking anyways.

Procurer. If you are going to mine, do it in that ship right there. I would suggest you don't mine and go do literally anything else but some people are just lazy like that.

Also, do not walk away from your keyboard if you are mining. We call that 'afk mining'. And those who gank KNOW when you are not at your keyboard, and that is part of the reason why they do it.

As for griefing, what you experienced is what we call 'content creation'. Ganking is a valid form of expression in this game, creating content for those who think Eve Online is a single player PvE game...which is isn't. Eve Online is a PvP game where everyone can shoot at anyone else...but in certain areas there are consequences. CONCORD will retaliate and kill the offender (if you are not at war with him) but there is NO protection.

If you want to protect yourself, I refer you to a post of mine in another thread that explains how to keep yourself safe while mining. The post refers to wardecs but watching for gankers have the same rules.

If you choose not to follow these rules and do what you have been doing, they WILL do it again.

Good luck to you, miner.
Sc0rpyon
EZ-Life
#53 - 2016-08-19 08:39:31 UTC
I don't even "like" mining.
But that's what the storygiver dude wanted. Big smile
I blame him... Evil
StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#54 - 2016-08-19 10:19:05 UTC
Before you leave this time. And it will probably be for good. Can we have your stuff? If its mining equipment reprocess it and send over the minerals to Nitshe. Shrubbery Noragen will take care of, He's the edward scissor hands of eve. Ralph is a King so anything gold he will surely love. And dont forget to recycle something expensive in Bobs name. May your mining clone be biomass'd in peace. Bobmen. *Motions fingers over face in the form of celtic cross while whispering our saviors blessings. Pirate

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Sc0rpyon
EZ-Life
#55 - 2016-08-19 10:36:34 UTC
StonerPhReaK wrote:
Before you leave this time. And it will probably be for good. Can we have your stuff? If its mining equipment reprocess it and send over the minerals to Nitshe. Shrubbery Noragen will take care of, He's the edward scissor hands of eve. Ralph is a King so anything gold he will surely love. And dont forget to recycle something expensive in Bobs name. May your mining clone be biomass'd in peace. Bobmen. *Motions fingers over face in the form of celtic cross while whispering our saviors blessings. Pirate

No, but I welcome any payments for thread-space purchasing via the use of replies and suchlike.
It all helps. Those mining barges ain't cheap, you know! Roll
Please send the ISK via escrow at your nearest convenience to my account. I am happy to take any amount in units of 1 million.
Your custom is most appreciated and we hope you enjoy our thread-sapce rental services.

o7
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#56 - 2016-08-19 13:29:34 UTC
Why, hello there, OP.

Cool

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Sc0rpyon
EZ-Life
#57 - 2016-08-19 13:45:14 UTC
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Why, hello there, OP.

Cool

Greetings, random citizen! Pirate
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#58 - 2016-08-19 13:45:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Omar Alharazaad
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Why, hello there, OP.

Cool

I'd ask if you were thinking what i'm thinking, but I know for a fact you can't find rubber pants at this time of the night.
Shocked

Edit: Also OP, he's not quite so random.
That thing he said eludes to someone else who is also not quite so random.
Welcome to C&P? I see your corp history is bereft of wars.
I'm sure that will change soon enough.
If it's not too much bother I may help out in that regard as well.
You don't mind, do you?

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#59 - 2016-08-19 14:09:29 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Why, hello there, OP.

Cool

I'd ask if you were thinking what i'm thinking, but I know for a fact you can't find rubber pants at this time of the night.
Shocked

Thats only because you never bothered to hit on the store clerk to get his number

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Estuary Algaert
Petulant Luddite GmbH
#60 - 2016-08-19 15:13:12 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Why, hello there, OP.

Cool

Shocked

Thats only because you never bothered to hit on the store clerk to get his number

It is always night time in space Smile