These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New modules. Heavy warp scram?

Author
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-08-14 13:51:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Hal Morsh
So I noticed heavy warp scrams and disruptors today. The faction versions have like 10 warp scram strength. It looks to me like now battleships can have the role of holding you the **** down.

Have fun.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Keebler Wizard
Skew The Suits
#2 - 2016-08-14 14:18:44 UTC
We're all so glad you noticed these. Now that YOU are aware of their presence, we all can feel safe again!

But in this mad rush to the forums, did you see the 6,000 MW power usage of the t2 scram? Did that ring any bells while you were rushing to the forums at light speed to tell us this.

All this doesn't matter tho, as there were patch-notes explaining these items long ago, so this is literally no surprise to anyone. Except you of course.
Zirashi
Cyclical Destruction
#3 - 2016-08-14 14:28:11 UTC
They are designed to counter capitals which are meant to have built in stabs. Almost everything else in the game will warp before a battleship can lock them. Not only that, they have extremely high fitting requirements with the same performance as the normal modules, so unless you're hunting caps or stabbed industrials/battleships, the normal scrams/disruptors are better in every way.
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#4 - 2016-08-14 16:33:58 UTC
Zirashi wrote:
They are designed to counter capitals which are meant to have built in stabs. Almost everything else in the game will warp before a battleship can lock them. Not only that, they have extremely high fitting requirements with the same performance as the normal modules, so unless you're hunting caps or stabbed industrials/battleships, the normal scrams/disruptors are better in every way.

I had a skiff with stabs run away once. I was maaaaad.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#5 - 2016-08-14 16:38:52 UTC
Keebler Wizard wrote:
We're all so glad you noticed these.

All this doesn't matter tho, as there were patch-notes explaining these items long ago, so this is literally no surprise to anyone. Except you of course.

What about LCO's losing their descriptions?

Shallanna Yassavi
qwertz corp
#6 - 2016-08-14 17:29:58 UTC
20-second lock? Nothing a few resebo won't fix.

A signature :o