These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

o7 Show This Sunday and Information

First post
Author
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#21 - 2016-08-10 12:16:25 UTC
Kei Nagasai wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Kei Nagasai wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
The Rorq will be forced to warp to the grid to give boosts giving people yet another easy expensive kill, while all the barges will have their tanks reduced back to the level of a wet paper bag so that entitled gankers can chest beat how great they are and how fail their prey is...

Don't give them any idea's, please.

Actually that has already happened, there was quite a few threads by gankers complaining about the tanks of certain Exhumers and barges, furthermore I was told by a friend who went to fanfest that he heard a few conversations about this around certain people. I am expecting the tanks of the Skiff and Procurer to get a significant nerf, it could be that CCP will not do that, but I would not bet my house on it Big smile

Well, if thats the road they go down, im done, it's bad enough that anyone who likes the industrial side of the game get s**t on by gankers and people of the game in general, calling us carebears and the like, even when CCP have described EvE as a sand box and we play how we like, but apparently not.

Well I think it is a wait and see, personally I think it would be stupid to set the Skiff so that a Kusion or Kusion clone could gank them on their own. If they do that then CCP are plain stupid. To me the Skiff and Procurer are fine as they are, mainly because I accept the loss of yield to be difficult to kill. If they are set the the level that they can be taken out by a Kusion then they are obviously pretty stupid.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Kei Nagasai
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2016-08-10 12:24:14 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Kei Nagasai wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Kei Nagasai wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
The Rorq will be forced to warp to the grid to give boosts giving people yet another easy expensive kill, while all the barges will have their tanks reduced back to the level of a wet paper bag so that entitled gankers can chest beat how great they are and how fail their prey is...

Actually that has already happened, there was quite a few threads by gankers complaining about the tanks of certain Exhumers and barges, furthermore I was told by a friend who went to fanfest that he heard a few conversations about this around certain people. I am expecting the tanks of the Skiff and Procurer to get a significant nerf, it could be that CCP will not do that, but I would not bet my house on it Big smile

Well, if thats the road they go down, im done, it's bad enough that anyone who likes the industrial side of the game get s**t on by gankers and people of the game in general, calling us carebears and the like, even when CCP have described EvE as a sand box and we play how we like, but apparently not.

Well I think it is a wait and see, personally I think it would be stupid to set the Skiff so that a Kusion or Kusion clone could gank them on their own. If they do that then CCP are plain stupid. To me the Skiff and Procurer are fine as they are, mainly because I accept the loss of yield to be difficult to kill. If they are set the the level that they can be taken out by a Kusion then they are obviously pretty stupid.

These are the same people who thought aegis sov was a good idea.
I think exhumers/barge should be balanced around the skiff/proc, hulk/covetor should be half the tank of the skiff/proc, and retriver/mack should sit inbetween the two.
Yields should be given a minor buff across the board, and strip miners should be shifted away from the yield per cycle idea, and more towards the constant stream of ore at X rate.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#23 - 2016-08-10 12:26:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Lan Wang wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

nothing else can be protected by pos's while giving boosts, why should a rorq be any different?

you want to use a big lossmail ship then get a support fleet on standby

So it won't get used then...

why not? removal skynetting carriers didnt stop carriers being used to rat.

then dont use them, ccp giving you tools to use on grid, your fear is not ccp's problem, they will be used in nullsec

I don't see any connection to carriers at all, I made a huge amount of ISK carrier ratting and never saw the need to skynet either. Roll

Yes you could get a Rorqual on grid easily enough, however boosting is going to become an AOE affect and assumed rather incorrectly that you knew that. This would make the Rorqual a lot more exposed than say a ratting carrier. When you make digs do try to think it through, simply if it was on grid then I would have no issue doing it and most miners in 0.0 too, but if it is say within 40 km in terms of the AOE then the chances of people using them are very low unless they are in a secure system. CCP has a habit of making indy ships easy to kill so...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#24 - 2016-08-10 12:29:20 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
...stupid...

...stupid...

...stupid.

Miners: too greedy to pay for protection, too lazy to protect themselves.

Just wanna sit on a butt watching videos while collecting ISK and let no one touch it, 'cause otherwise it would be STUPID.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#25 - 2016-08-10 12:29:26 UTC
Kei Nagasai wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Kei Nagasai wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Kei Nagasai wrote:

These are the same people who thought aegis sov was a good idea.
I think exhumers/barge should be balanced around the skiff/proc, hulk/covetor should be half the tank of the skiff/proc, and retriver/mack should sit inbetween the two.
Yields should be given a minor buff across the board, and strip miners should be shifted away from the yield per cycle idea, and more towards the constant stream of ore at X rate.

I hope they do what you suggested, if they did I would think that CCP are not completely bonkers...

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2016-08-10 12:42:20 UTC
you dont see a connection to carriers at all? it was an example of an expensive ship which has been forced ongrid and hasn't crippled its use. maybe you made a huge amount of isk carrier ratting but skynet was obviously an issue which forced caps on grid and people to risk multi billion capitals

AoE Invulnerability for 5 mins so you can call for help
Mining Fighters which provide yield comparable to a small fleet of barges
it already has a jump drive.

I can see fleets of rorquals just jumping around wiping belts out

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#27 - 2016-08-10 12:53:57 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
you dont see a connection to carriers at all? it was an example of an expensive ship which has been forced ongrid and hasn't crippled its use. maybe you made a huge amount of isk carrier ratting but skynet was obviously an issue which forced caps on grid and people to risk multi billion capitals

I never used it off grid, I always used it on grid, so there is no relationship for me. And carriers are not expensive.

That AOE invulnerability, LOL, just enable more people to arrive to get on the killmail in the majority of cases. But it might work as you suggested, with the reduced numbers of people it could be quite interesting for more risk orientated players in deep null. But in Providence for example just lots of dead Rorquals.

bardghost Isu
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2016-08-10 12:57:12 UTC  |  Edited by: bardghost Isu
Lan Wang wrote:

Rorquals wont even be touched after this, They are useless enough as it is to most people. And I've heard a lot of people talking about dropping use of them all together and just using orca's and taking the drop in yields. It'd be cheaper and less risk.

Orca = 700 Milion

Rorqual = 2.2 Billion

I could lose 3 orca's for every one rorqual.

Plus the rorqual will not last long, without a major buff to yields it'd be debatable that you'd even make the isk back to build a new one before it gets lost.

I'd rather take an orca and lose it every once a while without hurting my profits massively, than lose an rorqual that sets us back a good month or more.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#29 - 2016-08-10 13:09:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6591193#post6591193

This got me thinking a bit, dangerous that, but persoally I would prefer this type of setup for mining then what we have now.

And yes this approach to mining would be a lot better for Eve in my opinion, seems like the Rorqual is moving towards that and if so a good thing...

EDIT: So if the Rorqual has a similar setup as a carrier even with a fighter bay and controlled the same way with massive range over 200 km then it would be a pretty damn good bet, for mining in deep 0.0.

Valkin Mordirc
#30 - 2016-08-10 13:54:00 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

You just run in topic swinging. You know that?

I wasn't aware CCP planned on debuffing Barges EHP. Can you link that article/video that they mentioned it?

Also I don't really think anything dealing with the Rorq will effect Highsec miners. All barges seem to be in a pretty good spot. Each feels a role and there isn't really a cookie cutter.
#DeleteTheWeak
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#31 - 2016-08-10 15:59:17 UTC
Kei Nagasai wrote:
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Soon (tm)

With how tight lipped CCP is being about these changes, you would think they were taking part in the manhattan project.
Litrally makes no sense.

The last two barge passes were disastrous so any change is likely going to involve some radical changes. A shitstorm from the bears is more or less a given.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#32 - 2016-08-10 16:44:01 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

I wasn't aware CCP planned on debuffing Barges EHP. Can you link that article/video that they mentioned it?

Also I don't really think anything dealing with the Rorq will effect Highsec miners. All barges seem to be in a pretty good spot. Each feels a role and there isn't really a cookie cutter.

I suggest you look at baltec1's post to get an idea.

Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#33 - 2016-08-10 16:50:19 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

In other words:

No, he cant link any article/video.

What a surprise.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#34 - 2016-08-10 16:53:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

In other words:

No, he cant link any article/video.

What a surprise.

Of course not there aren't any, I just have what a friend who went to fanfest overheard. EvilTwisted

Sammy Fischer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2016-08-10 17:40:11 UTC
Considering that any "support" fleet is made up of members that look down their nose at mining, and have other things they would rather do, I find it laughable that it is even a valid solution. If CCP buffed the barges combat power to the degree that would be necessary to fight off a determined foe, people would cry. The rorqual will just be forgotten like the Noctis. What is needed is a link cruiser or BC that could be bonused just for the mining links. Combat link ships fit between the cruiser to battleship size, so comparing a link tengu in a fleet battle to the rorqual is disingenuous at best. Many null alliances frown pain to outright prohibit carrier ratting because it is a shiny killmail.

My bet will be that it will gut boosted mining in general and there will be a corresponding increase in high end mineral prices. Have fun paying higher prices for your pvp ships.
Brigadine Ferathine
Presumed Dead Enterprises
Against ALL Authorities.
#36 - 2016-08-10 20:39:49 UTC
Erebus Vain wrote:
Brigadine Ferathine wrote:
Kei Nagasai wrote:
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Soon (tm)

With how tight lipped CCP is being about these changes, you would think they were taking part in the manhattan project.
Litrally makes no sense.

They are that way with everything. I have never ever understood the secrecy that many video game companies go through....

Being a billion dollar/pound industry means information can be worth a lot to the right people.

Plus, have you ever heard of hype?

Hype if often full of lies. CCP owns the rights to the rorq... its not like it would appear in another game if they told us what is coming...
Serene Repose
#37 - 2016-08-10 21:05:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Dracvlad wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
We must...what was my sig again?
That you are an idiot...
Hey. That was a really nice try. It flagged you for about...when is your 12th birthday? Anyway. Best wishes!
We all hope you see 13.

PS I see. You're too dumb to see when someone agrees with you. Or...you just insult your allies? *flips a coin*

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#38 - 2016-08-10 21:23:50 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
We must...what was my sig again?
That you are an idiot...
Hey. That was a really nice try. It flagged you for about...when is your 12th birthday? Anyway. Best wishes!
We all hope you see 13.

PS I see. You're too dumb to see when someone agrees with you. Or...you just insult your allies? *flips a coin*

It is a bit abstract for me, but if you were not calling me an idiot then I can only apologise and withdraw my comment. Oops

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2016-08-10 23:18:25 UTC
Kei Nagasai wrote:
So,
Given that there's an o7 show this weekend, and theres "supposed" to be some rorq and barges changes this Fall, will there be any information about these changes in the show?

CCP Guard wrote:
We'll sit down with CCP Fozzie and CCP Masterplan to discuss the future.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/o7-the-eve-online-show-sunday-august-14-20-00-utc/

DMC
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#40 - 2016-08-11 09:07:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Yesterday someone linked an in game kill mail of a Skiff in Wuos that is not on the killboards, it was taken down by 14 Catalysts, which goes to prove that gankers when they are not whining on the forums can actually gank a Skiff if they want to, you can also look at Zkill and see on 15th July that 11 Catalysts took down a Skiff in the same system.

It is good to see that not all gankers are whiny entitled forum warriors moaning about the lack of profitability when ganking mining ships..., but actually do it to control ice belts and the profits thereon.

Over to you whiney entitled carbear gankers to start the tears flowing...