These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Black Swan (Panther PvP)

Author
Chessur
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#1 - 2016-08-07 14:26:23 UTC
Lodestone Toyee
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2016-08-08 09:15:01 UTC
That fight in SV5 was a joy to watch. Really good piloting and kills, as always.
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#3 - 2016-08-09 14:18:17 UTC  |  Edited by: W0lf Crendraven
Despite the very good piloting, the rare and interesting ships you fly with bling, the good fights and the fairly good quality i dont like your newer videos very much.

Its for a couple of reasons, firstly the ship you fly doesnt really matter in any of them. You are mostly strictly " ship that does dps at range", you could be a mach or a oracle or even an orthrus in pretty much any of them. The unqiueness of the ships doesnt come out at all due to that. Theres no real flying around the strenghts and weaknesses of your ship (a shorter video of you noscoping people off camps or similar due to the recloaking bonus of the panther with arties would have been much more enjoyable i think, for example).

This also creates a sense of "sameness", every video feels the same, be it a nano bhaal or a panther, its all a ship doing dps at 40-60km.

Then there is the sense of control and the opponent you fight, every fight seems (and pretty much is) a stomp with very few expeptions, you arent the underdog beating a superrior force - a well flown linked and implanted pirate gang is much stronger then a bunch of t1 fit bads, even if theres a ton of them. Speaking of bads, most fights are vs the usual null nobodies, sure it creates very impressive killreports but knowing that the people you fight totally suck and usually dont fit well takes a lot of the "wow" out of it.

The last pubstoming videos i really liked was your slicer one, and before that i think the nomen one from koverix. I honestly would prefer you being 2 or 3 non linked, non implanted stabbers barely getting any kills rather then see 3 semi blinged ships with links and implants totally destroying opponents.

Theres very little "ohshit" moment which without the "wow" effect of say your first slicer movie (or crazy tengu if you remember that one, moments where you are honestly impressed how much that one ship is killing) makes everything a bit boring, if you get low you warp out. You dont really are in any danger most of the time. You being a very good pilot has pretty much no impact at all there, which is a shame, its a bit like watching someone pve.

I think even one ship in your fleet takes all the fun out of it, the second you dont have to point anymore you can just sit back and pwn people at range. 2 solo panthers cynoing onto camps or similar at 50km would have been much more fun then 1 panther and 1 ship that points stuff. Take the last fight, you do nothing but shoot stuff and burn to 40km of everything once people start landing, you dont really do much in the fight itself bar be dps.

I just dont enjoy the fly ultra kiting ship with ship that points for me + links and implants while fighting nullsec hordes stomping style of video i guess. its impressive the first times but then it just gets dull.

Lastly, a simple ship flown, people in fleet + ships they are in and a kill record would make these a lot more fun to watch (also, having your overview on the left side makes watching very hard if you are used to it being on the right, but asking you to change your overview for our viewing pleasure is a bit much).

Just some thoughts.
Chessur
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#4 - 2016-08-09 16:07:18 UTC
Thanks for the constructive feedback. i will work on it. I am still pretty stuck on the panther. Perhaps next video i can get some better content. I just find it a hard line to walk. Hard fight / good fight vs completely non engagement / insta death. Its hard to find these days :/
Liam Inkuras
ParabeIIum
#5 - 2016-08-09 16:10:00 UTC
W0lf Crendraven wrote:
Despite the very good piloting, the rare and interesting ships you fly with bling, the good fights and the fairly good quality i dont like your newer videos very much.

Its for a couple of reasons, firstly the ship you fly doesnt really matter in any of them. You are mostly strictly " ship that does dps at range", you could be a mach or a oracle or even an orthrus in pretty much any of them. The unqiueness of the ships doesnt come out at all due to that. Theres no real flying around the strenghts and weaknesses of your ship (a shorter video of you noscoping people off camps or similar due to the recloaking bonus of the panther with arties would have been much more enjoyable i think, for example).

This also creates a sense of "sameness", every video feels the same, be it a nano bhaal or a panther, its all a ship doing dps at 40-60km.

Then there is the sense of control and the opponent you fight, every fight seems (and pretty much is) a stomp with very few expeptions, you arent the underdog beating a superrior force - a well flown linked and implanted pirate gang is much stronger then a bunch of t1 fit bads, even if theres a ton of them. Speaking of bads, most fights are vs the usual null nobodies, sure it creates very impressive killreports but knowing that the people you fight totally suck and usually dont fit well takes a lot of the "wow" out of it.

The last pubstoming videos i really liked was your slicer one, and before that i think the nomen one from koverix. I honestly would prefer you being 2 or 3 non linked, non implanted stabbers barely getting any kills rather then see 3 semi blinged ships with links and implants totally destroying opponents.

Theres very little "ohshit" moment which without the "wow" effect of say your first slicer movie (or crazy tengu if you remember that one, moments where you are honestly impressed how much that one ship is killing) makes everything a bit boring, if you get low you warp out. You dont really are in any danger most of the time. You being a very good pilot has pretty much no impact at all there, which is a shame, its a bit like watching someone pve.

I think even one ship in your fleet takes all the fun out of it, the second you dont have to point anymore you can just sit back and pwn people at range. 2 solo panthers cynoing onto camps or similar at 50km would have been much more fun then 1 panther and 1 ship that points stuff. Take the last fight, you do nothing but shoot stuff and burn to 40km of everything once people start landing, you dont really do much in the fight itself bar be dps.

I just dont enjoy the fly ultra kiting ship with ship that points for me + links and implants while fighting nullsec hordes stomping style of video i guess. its impressive the first times but then it just gets dull.

Lastly, a simple ship flown, people in fleet + ships they are in and a kill record would make these a lot more fun to watch (also, having your overview on the left side makes watching very hard if you are used to it being on the right, but asking you to change your overview for our viewing pleasure is a bit much).

Just some thoughts.

Wolf I usually hate your posts but this was a very good one.

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#6 - 2016-08-09 17:44:04 UTC
Chessur wrote:
Thanks for the constructive feedback. i will work on it. I am still pretty stuck on the panther. Perhaps next video i can get some better content. I just find it a hard line to walk. Hard fight / good fight vs completely non engagement / insta death. Its hard to find these days :/

100% agree