These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

118.7 - General Feedback Thread

First post
Author
CCP Falcon
#1 - 2016-08-08 16:29:18 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
The 118.7 release has been deployed successfully!

This thread is for general feedback regarding the release, which brings contract functionality to citadels, as well as iterations on the visual damage system, PBR for in space assets, improvements to graphics performance in areas that have clouds and more intuitive UI feedback for ship holds.

You can find out more about this release, and read the patch notes over on EVE Updates.

To report issues with the PC build, please use this thread.
To report issues with the MAC build, please use this thread.

Please be aware that the in game search function may be unreliable for up to a half hour after release, as part of this update requires Tranquility to online for live re-indexing of a number of tables.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2 - 2016-08-09 11:42:06 UTC  |  Edited by: helana Tsero
Well it appears my fps is once again reduced inside citadels and when viewing the outside.

At least your consistent with each release !

I'm wondering if it will eventually become a new feature. Eve online - Slideshow !


EDIT. Correction its actually only the interior of citadels that cause the fps drop. Running two clients. One viewing inside the citadel and the other out in space. fps is hovering around 25 on each.

Both clients out in space. fps is 50-60. Roll

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-08-09 12:07:37 UTC  |  Edited by: helana Tsero
While Im talking disapointment... Why is their no CQ in citadels ? I really miss sitting in there between ops or while doing market stuff.

Also a small addition to the feature like

- a shelf to display heads of pvp kills.
- a trophy rack for 1000 pvp kills, 5000 missions runs etc etc
- some content on the screens like a monthly incharacter eve news show on player content in game and how to get involved.

Essentially CQ could help memorialize the playing experience.

I know alot of players who want the same.

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

Current Habit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-08-09 12:08:56 UTC
Cargo/Fleethangar 'improvements' and yet it's still impossible to fit items by dragging them from the fleet hangar into an empty slot in the UI (as it can be done if the item is in the regular cargo).
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2016-08-09 12:32:00 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:
Well it appears my fps is once again reduced inside citadels and when viewing the outside.

At least your consistent with each release !

I'm wondering if it will eventually become a new feature. Eve online - Slideshow !


EDIT. Correction its actually only the interior of citadels that cause the fps drop. Running two clients. One viewing inside the citadel and the other out in space. fps is hovering around 25 on each.

Both clients out in space. fps is 50-60. Roll


Please submit bug reports from within client about performance issues. Preferably immediately after experiencing the issue.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Jovian Disease
Doomheim
#6 - 2016-08-09 12:36:58 UTC
one still can't properly set destination to a citadel from personal/corporate bookmarks

(before jumping with submit bug report i want to point it out that i reported this sissue 2 months ago and recently directly to CCP Habakuk)

Careby
#7 - 2016-08-09 12:40:16 UTC
Jovian Disease wrote:
one still can't properly set destination to a citadel from personal/corporate bookmarks

(before jumping with submit bug report i want to point it out that i reported this sissue 2 months ago and recently directly to CCP Habakuk)



I don't have this problem. Have you tried re-creating the bookmark?
Alstevar Eastern
Caldari State
#8 - 2016-08-09 12:45:28 UTC
Thank you for ;

    Quote:
  • Relocated spotlights in the Caldari and Minmatar hangars.

My eyes are in peace now.

Your effective personal standings need to be higher to see the player's signature.

Sergey Hawk
The Sith Syndicate
REFORD
#9 - 2016-08-09 12:48:10 UTC
CCP, listen and concentrate© your new camera is Piece of Shїt.
To improve the camera you need to do several things asap.

  1. Custom Tracking Position.
  2. Split Dynamic Camera Movement at least into three toggle-able options: Dynamic Center Offset, Dynamic FOV, Other stupid animation.
  3. The boundaries of each pinned window and the dashboard should limit deviations of the ship when Dynamic Certer Offset turned on.
  4. Look at my screenshot. Hatched area shows the limits that should be considering my pinned windows arrangement and position of my ship shows that the camera is not working properly.
  5. Custom Tracking Position.
  6. To simplify searching of selected objects in space without locking on them just connect ship and selected object via barely visible line. Orange line in my screenshot.
  7. Make sliders for zoom sensitivity with dynamic offset.
  8. Remove unnesseary camera centering before starting rotation with dynamic offset.
  9. Custom Tracking Position.

All of this very easy to implement 'cause new camera has an exciting new code.
If none of you able to do that, then hire someone who can.
Six months have passed since you presented a new camera and during that time you have not improved its work and not implement Custom Tracking Position.
This reminds me of what people told me about Incarna. You told people interesting stories, but when it came to work, you just crap your pants.
Why are you told us tales about new awesome code for new awesome awful camera if you can not implement simple features?
Seriously, listen and concentrate© and do as we ask and not like you always do:
Pilots: CCP, please make a toggle for stupid docking animation.
CCP Darvin (After 20 pages of discussion): I don't have any details to share, but I understand that Team Psycho Sisters are looking at options for changing the docking animation in response to the feedback here.©
Pilots: Guys, wait, don't change it, just make a toggle.
CCP Mimic: We are looking at combining several dynamic camera actions into a single toggle-able option.©
Pilots: *facepalm* What kind of pr**k i***t are you?© We asked only for docking animation toggle.

PS
Holds and bay icon with volume tracking is cool.
Performance in clouds better but don't test too much.

Aura: "You need to be within range to execute this function."

Kimi Räikkönen: “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.”

Jovian Disease
Doomheim
#10 - 2016-08-09 12:52:14 UTC
Careby wrote:
Jovian Disease wrote:
one still can't properly set destination to a citadel from personal/corporate bookmarks

(before jumping with submit bug report i want to point it out that i reported this sissue 2 months ago and recently directly to CCP Habakuk)



I don't have this problem. Have you tried re-creating the bookmark?

same problem with a fresh corp BM
Muffinmixer
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2016-08-09 13:06:40 UTC
YC118.7 Patch Notes wrote:
Resolving an issue where completion of an Epic Arc would not award the Faction standings as expected.


What exactly did you "fix" here?

As they were, Epic Arcs gave faction standings without concomitantly affecting other faction standings. I'd really like to know what you changed, very specifically, before I dive into the Angel Arc and potentially destroy all my Empire faction standings.
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2016-08-09 13:17:21 UTC
Muffinmixer wrote:
YC118.7 Patch Notes wrote:
Resolving an issue where completion of an Epic Arc would not award the Faction standings as expected.


What exactly did you "fix" here?

As they were, Epic Arcs gave faction standings without concomitantly affecting other faction standings. I'd really like to know what you changed, very specifically, before I dive into the Angel Arc and potentially destroy all my Empire faction standings.


There was a bug that occasionally caused the end of Epic Arcs to give no faction standings at all. Sounds like you were among the majority of players unaffected by the bug, so this change should not impact you at all.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Liam Boothby
Red Frog Freight
Red-Frog
#13 - 2016-08-09 13:36:50 UTC
Do you guys have any timeframe for the second iteration of contracts in citadels?
MDSync Acer
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2016-08-09 13:45:09 UTC  |  Edited by: MDSync Acer
nevermind, wrong thread
Mister Marram
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#15 - 2016-08-09 13:58:48 UTC
Bubble changes are good!

Still no fix for ESS being anchored on citadels though.
Cerexion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2016-08-09 15:40:12 UTC
I just came back to EVE online less then 10 days ago.
Today i log on and i get: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered.

If this keeps up, will ccp reimbruse me for the time i will not be able to play, i subbed for 2 months. Guess i wont be playing anything those 2 months?
helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#17 - 2016-08-09 16:05:26 UTC
Cerexion wrote:
I just came back to EVE online less then 10 days ago.
Today i log on and i get: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered.

If this keeps up, will ccp reimbruse me for the time i will not be able to play, i subbed for 2 months. Guess i wont be playing anything those 2 months?


are u using amd crimson drivers ? If yes switch back to catalyst. Solved my display driver problem. Yes its a eve issue and unfortunatly considering the time its been going on the devs dont know how to fix it or cant replicate it.

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

Cerexion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2016-08-09 16:38:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Cerexion
helana Tsero wrote:
Cerexion wrote:
I just came back to EVE online less then 10 days ago.
Today i log on and i get: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered.

If this keeps up, will ccp reimbruse me for the time i will not be able to play, i subbed for 2 months. Guess i wont be playing anything those 2 months?


are u using amd crimson drivers ? If yes switch back to catalyst. Solved my display driver problem. Yes its a eve issue and unfortunatly considering the time its been going on the devs dont know how to fix it or cant replicate it.


I did. It did not help. + bare in mind i had no problems until the new patch...
Diedz Krootas
Greater and Better corp inc.
#19 - 2016-08-09 17:02:45 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:
While Im talking disapointment... Why is their no CQ in citadels ? I really miss sitting in there between ops or while doing market stuff.


I would like to sit in open space while doing market stuff, if they would fix remote buys to citadels Cry
Muffinmixer
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2016-08-09 17:03:02 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Muffinmixer wrote:
YC118.7 Patch Notes wrote:
Resolving an issue where completion of an Epic Arc would not award the Faction standings as expected.


What exactly did you "fix" here?

As they were, Epic Arcs gave faction standings without concomitantly affecting other faction standings. I'd really like to know what you changed, very specifically, before I dive into the Angel Arc and potentially destroy all my Empire faction standings.


There was a bug that occasionally caused the end of Epic Arcs to give no faction standings at all. Sounds like you were among the majority of players unaffected by the bug, so this change should not impact you at all.


Thank you very much for clarifying! I never heard of that bug and it sounds downright nasty, I'm glad I never encountered it. Now I can truly run that angel arc without worrying Big smile
123Next page