These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Launcher

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Account & Play Button Not Showing (Can't Play)

First post
Author
Nico Aidaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-08-05 11:48:05 UTC
I can't see the Play button or the account details window with the launcher. I've tried restarting it several times and it doesn't work. Can anyone help me out?

http://imgur.com/a/YInRP
CCP nLock
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2016-08-05 13:15:34 UTC
Nico Aidaron wrote:
I can't see the Play button or the account details window with the launcher. I've tried restarting it several times and it doesn't work. Can anyone help me out?

http://imgur.com/a/YInRP

Could you please try restarting the launcher and tell me if the new interface version (v1018) works for you?
Sootsia
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#3 - 2016-08-09 06:15:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Sootsia
I am having the same issue, When I get to the License agreement window, other than the EVE logo and the cancel button, the rest of the text is black on near black. There is no accept button visible, nor any mouse over indication of where it might be.

On the add character window, again the window seems to be truncated, even with the launcher (1045952.1018) at max screen width/height.

There seems to be a tad bit of blue text visible below the log in button, a few pixels above the line with the cancel button.

The box is not adjustable, nor scrollable.

This is what I see at the License Agreement Update screen

https://gyazo.com/c0e8f0421bb3e7a6174afca9f618ec16

This is what I see at the add account screen

https://gyazo.com/37ad44fbbf08547992560283878e95c6

Resetting the launcher, had no effect

Resetting to last known build, had no effect

Clearing Cache files had no effect

Deleting and re-installing the launcher had no effect

Windows 10 OS with DVX 11,
CCP nLock
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2016-08-09 11:41:05 UTC
Sootsia wrote:
I am having the same issue, When I get to the License agreement window, other than the EVE logo and the cancel button, the rest of the text is black on near black. There is no accept button visible, nor any mouse over indication of where it might be.

On the add character window, again the window seems to be truncated, even with the launcher (1045952.1018) at max screen width/height.

There seems to be a tad bit of blue text visible below the log in button, a few pixels above the line with the cancel button.

The box is not adjustable, nor scrollable.

This is what I see at the License Agreement Update screen

https://gyazo.com/c0e8f0421bb3e7a6174afca9f618ec16

This is what I see at the add account screen

https://gyazo.com/37ad44fbbf08547992560283878e95c6

Resetting the launcher, had no effect

Resetting to last known build, had no effect

Clearing Cache files had no effect

Deleting and re-installing the launcher had no effect

Windows 10 OS with DVX 11,

This looks strange. Could you please send me logs from %localappdata%\CCP\EVE\Launcher in a private message? You could upload to Dropbox or a similar service and share the link. Let's try to figure this out :)
Sootsia
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#5 - 2016-08-09 15:42:37 UTC
Mail with folder sent
Sootsia
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#6 - 2016-08-11 15:46:00 UTC
Despite CCP nLock's best efforts, the Accept button still does not show up.
Serena Butler
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#7 - 2016-09-30 13:03:27 UTC
I'm having the exact same issue.

I've not opened EVE for a few months due to RL. Came back, did an update then the account box is gone :(

I was originally given one of my 3 accounts to start but i wanted my main so clicked "add account". I logged in and it asked for char name as it hadn't seen my IP before, entered that and then went to the account list without adding my account.

I removed the account that was there and then the account list and add account button disappeared entirely. Following a few unsuccessful restarts of the launcher and my PC I left the launcher open for a while (maybe 15 mins or so) and it randomly opened a box saying something akin to "Removing un-nessesary files.." and had a green progress bar. That window closed and then nothing again.

After a few minutes the icon on the task bar started to fill up green (as if something was happening in the background) so i left it. About 10 minutes later it then popped up a red message saying there was an error logging into my account and it gave me the login box.

I can now go through a cycle of entering my account details then waiting 10 mins then getting a red "login failed" box, rinse repeat.

I have checked my login details are correct (I'm posting here as proof!) and now simply can't login at all. Logs don't show any errors of any sort :(
Serena Butler
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#8 - 2016-09-30 13:05:33 UTC
Serena Butler wrote:
I'm having the exact same issue.

I've not opened EVE for a few months due to RL. Came back, did an update then the account box is gone :(

I was originally given one of my 3 accounts to start but i wanted my main so clicked "add account". I logged in and it asked for char name as it hadn't seen my IP before, entered that and then went to the account list without adding my account.

I removed the account that was there and then the account list and add account button disappeared entirely. Following a few unsuccessful restarts of the launcher and my PC I left the launcher open for a while (maybe 15 mins or so) and it randomly opened a box saying something akin to "Removing un-nessesary files.." and had a green progress bar. That window closed and then nothing again.

After a few minutes the icon on the task bar started to fill up green (as if something was happening in the background) so i left it. About 10 minutes later it then popped up a red message saying there was an error logging into my account and it gave me the login box.

I can now go through a cycle of entering my account details then waiting 10 mins then getting a red "login failed" box, rinse repeat.

I have checked my login details are correct (I'm posting here as proof!) and now simply can't login at all. Logs don't show any errors of any sort :(

In the time it took to write the above i can now log-in.

I restarted the launcher (make sure it hasn't gone to try) and logged in and this time it added my account.

All i have done is simply leave the launcher for a while. I have a 40mb net connection, Core i7 4Ghz and SATA3 SSD so maybe it's processing something in the background?

If you spec isn't as high maybe try leaving the launcher for an hour and see what happens?

Hope that helps.
Talon Kardee
Banished Braindead Zombies
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2016-09-30 13:15:12 UTC
Thanks all so very much CCP.....

Launcher is back and ALL my accounts are gone and I have to add them all over again which is like 30 accounts....

I am so happy with you CCP that I am about to play a different game!!!

omg...I am so angry right now........

Test this sh... before u launch it ffs!!!