These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

My point of view of EVE

Author
Primeryissecondary
BLOPSEC
#1 - 2016-08-05 01:46:55 UTC
I have been playing eve since 2004 and still i don't know everything i always liked my simple and less complicated gamestyle. I just want to see if there are more pilots out there that thinks and feel the same way as i do:)

During these 12 years i have been playing under different toons i have seen many things that i still don't understand why CCP did remove/change/introduce certain things that i think is not helping the game AT ALL:)

The following points are from my roaming pvp gamestyle (old school)

lets start with some of the most current changes.

1. Citadels:
Why introduce citadels to the game?
Why allow multiple citadels in one system?
Why not allow someone to get tackled and get killed outside a citadel like any other object out there?
Why allow anchor citadels in the warp path, are there not enough moons, planets where they can be anchored?

Does CCP or the pilots in eve think there are not enough hiding places/need an extra hand to feel "save" to avoid being killed by a roaming gang?

Towers,
Stations with their ******** docking range,
Cloaking devices,
Bubbles,
etc

Is that **** really NOT ENOUGH?

Would it not have been easier to introduce an upgrade to stations that alliances could buy/build to make regular station open for supers and titans.

People where asking a way to dock their big toys, me including since i do have a nyx. BUT introducing citadels "solve" a problem but in return it F*CK OVER more or less the roaming part of the game, the same way other changes in the past F*CK OVER piracy.

I'm talking about old school piracy where skills did matter not current highsec ganking freighters and ****.

On top of that roaming pilots like me have to deal with all damn "Intel channels" all of you lads use to " not get killed", blobs thanks to standings you can blue the whole map and just hold each others "d*cks" when a 30man roaming gang come along.

2. Nullify ceptors and T3's
Why, just tell me WHY ceptors and t3's need to be nullified.

Don't pilots have jump freighters and freighters to move their **** from point a to point B?
Don't alliance have a decent JB network to avoid MOST of the gate camps due to good intel
Don´t corps and alliances offer good logistics routes to the "small people"

WIth this change i do think CCP should consider changing the name to Ceptors Online, its just ******** how this have killed camp and roaming camps.

Don't take me wrong there are still a lot of dudes being killed but not in the same way as before.

3. Why can T3 destroyers insta lock and insta pop ceptors and other **** WHILE ships of the same class CAN´T
Just explain to me why this is even allowed AT ALL.

Stack penalty maybe?

4. Why must station have ******** docking range?
Its not like they don't know we are coming, most of pilots in eve do follow intel channels and they do know when a hostile is coming miles away.

So why give the ones not playing "correctly" a change to dock up just for the fact the docking range it HUGE.

Now days is "almost" impossible to actually catch ships in bubbles around a station.

They always land from the opposite direction of the bubble, or they warped before the bubble went up etc

____

I can go on and on to just figure things out but i won't take more of your time. This are my thoughts only and i might be crazy or just clueless and i hope someone can please explain or give me a damn good reason why things are like they are:)

Ps!
Im not sad nor complaining, i just want to see if there are others like me out in space:)

Now let the troll and smack talk begin
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#2 - 2016-08-05 02:26:02 UTC
Primeryissecondary wrote:

Im not sad nor complaining

you sure about that?
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#3 - 2016-08-05 02:44:09 UTC
Wall-o-text..... TLDR.... waa waa waaa

And honestly I dont post stuff like this much but you got the butthurt sad panda blues dude.Roll

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

May Arethusa
Junction Systems
#4 - 2016-08-05 03:01:33 UTC
Quote:
Im not sad nor complaining, i just want to see if there are others like me out in space:)

Loads probably, in high-sec.

1. Citadels are shiny, they look cool, and they generate fights. They're not perfect, but they're a welcome addition.

2. Because both are used to scout (T3s to a lesser extent I guess), and the ability to ignore bubbles helps (and hinders.) Is this exploited? Sure it is, but so are a bunch of other much more annoying mechanical exploits. Contrary to "popular" belief, there exists a game outside of null-sec, where this isn't even an issue. You should try it some time.

3. Insta-lock T1 Destroyers have been a thing for ages. Can they catch an inty? If the pilot is dumb, yeah. Is the Svipul broken? Probably, but not because it can insta-lock.

4. Not all stations have a huge docking ring. Some are too big, some are too small, some are just right. If they're landing outside your bubble, you put it in the wrong place; don't blame the station.

Take off your rose-tinted glasses, get out of null, and pull the stick from your ass. You just might have fun. I doubt it though.
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#5 - 2016-08-05 03:07:58 UTC
The answers to all your questions are contained in devblogs already.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#6 - 2016-08-05 04:59:30 UTC
I love it when someone comes along and prefaces their whine with "I've been playing since..." as if it adds weight to whatever spiel is about to follow. Of course, you haven't actually been playing that long, but you add the caveat that you did it on various alts, none of which are presented to prove this claim, which even if it were true, would add absolutely no weight to your post at all.

Articulate your points and explain why they're a problem for the game as a whole, not just a personal problem that you're having that affects your playstyle alone, and then tell us how you think it can be fixed. If you were hoping for an adult discussion, that's how to go about getting one. The OP here is nothing more than a whine/trollbait. GG

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2016-08-05 06:06:38 UTC
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
Wall-o-text..... TLDR.... waa waa waaa

And honestly I dont post stuff like this much but you got the butthurt sad panda blues dude.Roll

ty!!! you saved me.
i was spamming my broadcast for TLDR... pretty much like you spam warp when podded trying to save the implants Ugh
Valerius Ravin
#8 - 2016-08-05 06:41:35 UTC
You're assuming that CCP's choices and changes come from a thorough understanding of the game, they don't.
Serene Repose
#9 - 2016-08-05 07:15:45 UTC
I see we're going to get the Posting Alt Army, likes and all!

I really don't think your complaint is worth the digital mass it occupies.
I have a hunch you haven't been around lately, since all this has been done to death....already.

Welcome to the present? Shocked

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2016-08-05 07:31:58 UTC
He's not wrong tho. It IS very very easy to avoid getting killed. Wouldn't mind seeing some more targets myself. Targets are usually already POSsed up before my grid is loaded and I can 'shotgun' sites.

Or are you guys maybe saying interceptors online is not actually what is happening? Because it sure looks that way from my end.

Will monitor this thread closely; some good hints or pointers may yet come out of it.
Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#11 - 2016-08-05 10:48:32 UTC
Roll

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#12 - 2016-08-05 10:52:00 UTC
Gee, that sure is a profanity laced rant for someone just expressing a point of view.
Sella Lesbon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2016-08-05 12:06:17 UTC
my eyes hurt

> Never do something to someone that you wouldn't like to be done to yourself.

Swoop McFly
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2016-08-05 12:21:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Swoop McFly
1. To replace POSes some day.
Because they replace POSes.
Because they replace POSes.
The bubble thing on gates is getting fixed in a few days.

2. Because everything has a counter - even bubbles.
JFs can't tackle things.
Doesn't help tackling stuff in bubble f*cked renter systems. (also there is more to the game than sov null)
They do - has nothing to do with nullifaction.

3. Because everything has a counter - even nullification. Other ships can do it too - svipul is just better at it.
Because everything has a counter - even nullification.
No.

4. That's not the case for all stations.
They do, yes.
Wat?
No, it isn't.
Not always, no.
Lance Jamtonio
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#15 - 2016-08-05 12:35:07 UTC
Stop Being a Bad Problem solved...
Judaa K'Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2016-08-05 12:56:58 UTC
EvE has on a path towards more and more safety for a long time. With the latest being caps and supers are free again to spirit across the universe completely risk-free.

Perhaps it was decided in a meeting that this would retain more players. In the end it will be the opposite since it is breaking the core thing that makes the game unique. Trying to stop it is like holding back the tide, as you can see.
Tim Nering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#17 - 2016-08-05 15:19:30 UTC
ok we get it ur dumb

Stop Caring Start Fragging! Join R3D Fire Today!

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#18 - 2016-08-05 15:28:38 UTC
Jesus, I could season my food for the rest of the year with all this salt
Verlyn
Minmatar Secret Service
Ushra'Khan
#19 - 2016-08-05 15:41:40 UTC
Mysa
EVIL PLANKTON
#20 - 2016-08-05 15:46:33 UTC
oh damn you hurt man, you hurt Blink