These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve keeps forgetting settings really annoying

Author
xXchochiXx
Misfits of the Unknown
Sigma Grindset
#1 - 2016-08-04 09:00:51 UTC  |  Edited by: xXchochiXx
i find it utterly frustrating i have to reset all my overview profiles join channels set up clients and re position windows consistently.

today my launcher is slightly different and yet again i have to set up my client and yes ive checked profiles :(

to add i have 3 accounts and i use toons on them all and this means i have to redo like at least 5 chars settings
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-08-04 10:16:31 UTC
it's test alliance,CCPlease ignore.
Fye'16
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-08-04 10:28:06 UTC
When shutting down EVE, did you close it down properly by logging out using the ESC menu?

EVE seems to commit saves to overview/interface settings when the game shuts down rather than doing it on the fly.

If that isn't the issue another possibility is that your windows user doesn't have admin rights and when EVE is trying to save the settings to the documents folder, it is failing. This used to happen to me a few years back.
Memphis Baas
#4 - 2016-08-04 12:22:34 UTC
Some people are still on the old launcher and only update when CCP forces them to.

Going from the old launcher to the new one resets all character settings (window colors, overviews, etc), and then CCP's made it so you have to pick these options for each character, rather than per account.

Only suggestion I have is:

Set up your overview on one character, then SAVE it, so you can import it on the other characters.

Otherwise, window colors, positions, keyboard shortcuts, and all that, you're going to have to do it for each character. Which only points to the fact that CCP sorely needs to add more convenience and "little things" to the options and preferences.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2016-08-05 01:57:56 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Memphis Baas wrote:
Some people are still on the old launcher and only update when CCP forces them to.

Going from the old launcher to the new one resets all character settings (window colors, overviews, etc), and then CCP's made it so you have to pick these options for each character, rather than per account.

Only suggestion I have is:

Set up your overview on one character, then SAVE it, so you can import it on the other characters.

Otherwise, window colors, positions, keyboard shortcuts, and all that, you're going to have to do it for each character. Which only points to the fact that CCP sorely needs to add more convenience and "little things" to the options and preferences.

There's an option to import client profile and settings from the old launcher to the new launcher.

After that the new launcher wants to automatically select and load the default profile instead of the old imported profile, to bypass that inconvenience just make sure the default profile in the new launcher is deleted after importing the profile from the old launcher.

DMC