These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: Little improvements: Making the world a little better pt.2

First post First post
Author
NeoShocker
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#281 - 2012-01-15 17:35:51 UTC
Sweet! Things are really looking up! Keep up the momentum CCP!
Raneru
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#282 - 2012-01-16 00:54:37 UTC
I'm liking the compact local chat view. Now if you could also make 0.0 local chat a delayed mode channel that'd be lovely.
Gods Smight
Gold Rush Mining Inc.
#283 - 2012-01-16 03:12:46 UTC
Thanks, the improvement to the watchlist is much needed. I'd still like to see the fleet window recieve some treatment. Drag and drop would be bawlsome. Being able to move various fleet members into and out of squads, wings etc would make things a lot easier. Perhaps even dragging them into the fleet from the icon in the chat window. Thanks.
IsTheOpOver
#284 - 2012-01-16 03:13:19 UTC
Love almost all these changes! The agent list getting taller seems iffy... more scrolling/less agents to see at once.

Favorite change has to be the compact local/channel participant list. The ability to sort by standings would improve this even more as been stated by others.

Thank you for some very welcome improvements!
smaster
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#285 - 2012-01-16 12:49:00 UTC
In the local chat screenshot, you can see neutrals [=] have a grey background color.

Screenshot

In my client, all neutrals have no background color.

How is it possible, to get a grey (or even any other?) background color for neutrals?

Often I dont see neutral on my overview in time, because they have no background color.

I really want them to have colors! (yellow is my favourite)
Fraa Bjorn
Cell 317
#286 - 2012-01-16 12:50:42 UTC
The cargowindow of assembly arrays and mobile labs: Please add the name of the array to the title of that window!
Moving material from array to array gets confusing when all windows are named "Assembly array" even if each array has been given a descriptive name (displayed on the overview)

All games have QQ, but only Eve has Q.Q

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#287 - 2012-01-16 13:15:33 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Punkturis
smaster wrote:
In the local chat screenshot, you can see neutrals [=] have a grey background color.

Screenshot

How is it possible, to get a grey (or even any other?) background color for neutrals?

Often I dont see neutral on my overview in time, because they have no background color.

Open overview settings (if you're not undocked, you can open the system menu and set a keyboard short cut to "Open Overview Settings" and open it in station)
Go to Appearance tab
Tick "Pilot has neutral/no standing"
Right click on it, select Yellow!
PROFIT

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#288 - 2012-01-16 13:48:34 UTC
smaster wrote:

Screenshot

Instead of fumbling around not knowing what you are doing, as ccp expect you to do, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY2scKcFnv4
Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#289 - 2012-01-16 21:07:30 UTC
Cash Stalker wrote:
id love to have a clock in my time.
even wow has it so you see your own time.
ccp needs to add this to eve.
I am so glad that I am not playing WoW.

Your watch / cell phone / system clock. Use it. And stop wasting precious developer hours on useless features that do not add value to game play.

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

Kush Monster
Big Tobacco
#290 - 2012-01-16 21:33:36 UTC
so how do I use eve chat from evegate now?

How to make mining enjoyable: An Autocannon, Faction Ammo, Your Mouth

Kallehd
eM' Roid Extraction Services
#291 - 2012-01-16 21:51:10 UTC
o_0 -> new chat!

<3 Team BFF

Thank you so very much :P
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#292 - 2012-01-16 22:31:09 UTC
Kush Monster wrote:

it's voice chat only.. the screenshot didn't state that clearly enough I guess

Kush Monster
Big Tobacco
#293 - 2012-01-16 22:33:31 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Kush Monster wrote:

it's voice chat only.. the screenshot didn't state that clearly enough I guess

The only reference they made is that there is a new icon for people chatting from gate side. I'd love it if I could get on text chat with my mates while I'm at work or otherwise unable to hop on eve.

Great job though on slimming down the contacts list, Local will never be the same Cool

Friendly Corpse
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#294 - 2012-01-16 22:44:55 UTC
Dear Punkturis,

Your idea to book a cosy cottage for us at the weekend is a swell idea. I shall select some fine vin rouge for us as we get comfortable. We could listen to relaxing music, on the eve jukebox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bPSmWdcXHs) as our adventure getaway gets warmed up.

I could picture us laughing and getting tipsy as we browse thousands of spreadsheets about these little things, and playing with idea's. We snuggle up close and whisper sweet nothings to each other, like why when one double tap's the jukebox top frame and it, as if by magic, turns into a sexy wee mini player. Until, one jump's into a system or docks up, it, as if by moar magic, restores it's self. Although I'm not quite sure what you mean by "shuush honey, I'll batphone TEAM BFF" but I have every confidence in you.

As the night moves on, we finish up our wine by the moonlight and do a little nightswimming. We stagger up to the beach panting and all dreamy eye'd talking out of breath about how the minimzed jukebox might be able to have functional icons on it. Then you draw < II > in the sand. Mind reader !!

Oh, I got the chocolates you sent me, I did like the note "wtf!? try hotkeys, creeper!" and a wee handgun drawing on it. Bless!

I have to go now and book 1 x Cosy Cottage and 1 x Snowmobile to pick you up.

Bubye

xoxo < ---- Too Soon™ ?

(but really, nice work Team BFF liking it o7)

Expect The Worst™

Kush Monster
Big Tobacco
#295 - 2012-01-16 22:55:27 UTC
Friendly Corpse wrote:
Dear Punkturis,

Your idea to book a cosy cottage for us at the weekend is a swell idea. I shall select some fine vin rouge for us as we get comfortable. We could listen to relaxing music, on the eve jukebox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bPSmWdcXHs) as our adventure getaway gets warmed up.

I could picture us laughing and getting tipsy as we browse thousands of spreadsheets about these little things, and playing with idea's. We snuggle up close and whisper sweet nothings to each other, like why when one double tap's the jukebox top frame and it, as if by magic, turns into a sexy wee mini player. Until, one jump's into a system or docks up, it, as if by moar magic, restores it's self. Although I'm not quite sure what you mean by "shuush honey, I'll batphone TEAM BFF" but I have every confidence in you.

As the night moves on, we finish up our wine by the moonlight and do a little nightswimming. We stagger up to the beach panting and all dreamy eye'd talking out of breath about how the minimzed jukebox might be able to have functional icons on it. Then you draw < II > in the sand. Mind reader !!

Oh, I got the chocolates you sent me, I did like the note "wtf!? try hotkeys, creeper!" and a wee handgun drawing on it. Bless!

Bubye

xoxo < ---- Too Soon™ ?

foreveralone much?

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#296 - 2012-01-16 23:07:16 UTC
Kush Monster wrote:
Friendly Corpse wrote:
Dear Punkturis,

foreveralone much?

But he's the friendly corpse. Like Casper, but... smelly.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Hafenbraut
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#297 - 2012-01-17 03:29:39 UTC
I do hope that, when you work on the shield charge stuff, you do not
limit it to the bonus from the squad/wing/fleet booster, but also to
fitted modules.

It's kind of annoying to get into a ship that has a huge shield buffer
from a POS's SMA , only to see it being at 20% shield.

I can understand the mechanics when you board a ship from any
SMA - first, the game dropps it into space, then stores you current
vessel, then you get in, and only then the shield extenders start to count -
which explains why the shield extenders have to "charge".

Would be cool if that would change, so shield and armor ships alike
can be combat-ready when you board then from a SMA.

As far as the annonced changes go - hooray !

Drag and drop watchlist ... *does the king julian dance* I like to move it move it ...

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#298 - 2012-01-17 09:47:50 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Punkturis
Friendly Corpse wrote:
Dear Punkturis,

Bubye

xoxo < ---- Too Soon™ ?

I made sure the dude who made the jukebox UI reads your feature request Blink

edit: WAIT! he says it's already like that?? I thought it was a feature request!

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#299 - 2012-01-17 11:02:29 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Friendly Corpse wrote:
Dear Punkturis,

Bubye

xoxo < ---- Too Soon™ ?

I made sure the dude who made the jukebox UI reads your feature request Blink

edit: WAIT! he says it's already like that?? I thought it was a feature request!

I think the "Feature" He's looking for is something like a movie's title cards:
Featuring: CCP Punkturis

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#300 - 2012-01-17 12:50:23 UTC
That... was the creepiest thing I've read whole day.