These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE in game bullying and Extortion

First post
Author
vic20kid
Cosmic Knights
#1 - 2016-07-28 14:40:41 UTC
Is the in game bullying and Extortion by alliance CODE and others like them that practice such behaviour that CCP has turned a blind eye to after so many complaints and petitions could CCP be breaking some form of Social Media law?

MMORPG are social media games and there fore be subjected by Social Media Law?

I intend to look into this legally to see where I stand and fellow gamers in EVE regarding any social media law because this is nothing short of pure bullying and extortion on social media level
Shallanna Yassavi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2016-07-28 14:46:30 UTC
Extortion gives this game depth. Without players pulling dirty tricks on each other, this place would be seriously boring.

"Your" stuff is CCP's property. You don't own any of it.

A signature :o

Roci Nantes
Brand Newbros
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#3 - 2016-07-28 14:49:12 UTC
What are you defining as bullying? If ganking and bumping and ransom kind of actions is what you are referring too, that is part of the game design. I mean the Citadel slogan said "Build your Dreams" then even bigger said "Wreck their Dreams". Part of life in this game is dealing with people who just want to see the world burn.
Valerius Ravin
#4 - 2016-07-28 14:50:13 UTC
Blind eye? It's a core concept of the game! Deal with it and adapt, or don't and cry on the forums about it.

HTFU.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#5 - 2016-07-28 14:52:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
It is Doc's understanding that "Knights" are especially suited to deal with bullies and extortionists.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#6 - 2016-07-28 15:04:12 UTC
What is this 'Social Media Law' you are talking about?

Also, it's not that hard to evade CODE. Start with paying attention to what is on local and what is on grid.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

vic20kid
Cosmic Knights
#7 - 2016-07-28 15:09:49 UTC
vic20kid wrote:
Is the in game bullying and Extortion by alliance CODE and others like them that practice such behaviour that CCP has turned a blind eye to after so many complaints and petitions could CCP be breaking some form of Social Media law?

MMORPG are social media games and there fore be subjected by Social Media Law?

I intend to look into this legally to see where I stand and fellow gamers in EVE regarding any social media law because this is nothing short of pure bullying and extortion on social media level

\With regards to follwing replies, I do agree it adds to the game but should only be allowed in Low & Nul Sec

if this is OK for Hi Sec then Hi Sec does not exist
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#8 - 2016-07-28 15:14:01 UTC
Never heard of this Social Media Law. I am not sure if it exist or is even applicable in Iceland, but since you are flinging legal threats I have to close this thread.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.