These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wine support for Mac

First post First post
Author
Wedge Yamamoto
Old Scroogie Ltd
#321 - 2016-07-25 15:53:34 UTC
The launcher kept bugging me to try Wine so I thought I would try it out. I did and I want to switch back to Cider to compare. But I can't figure out how to switch back. It seems the option to change the wrapper no longer appears in the settings menu for the launcher. How do I switch back? I'm using launcher version 1057794.
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#322 - 2016-07-25 16:07:36 UTC
Wedge Yamamoto wrote:
The launcher kept bugging me to try Wine so I thought I would try it out. I did and I want to switch back to Cider to compare. But I can't figure out how to switch back. It seems the option to change the wrapper no longer appears in the settings menu for the launcher. How do I switch back? I'm using launcher version 1057794.

It's in the launcher Preferences.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#323 - 2016-07-25 17:22:09 UTC
Zen Chaser wrote:
I have searched and can't seem to find an answer to this question. Does someone know which of the wine versions we should be using?

I also want to add my thank you for the support Mac is getting.

o7

I have mine set to use latest non development version in the preference pane.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Zen Chaser
Better Off Red
Unspoken Alliance.
#324 - 2016-07-25 18:19:54 UTC
Thank you
Manssell
OmiHyperMultiNationalDrunksConglomerate
#325 - 2016-07-25 18:38:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Manssell
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
This most likely has been asked and answered, but...15 pages.....
Every time I start up eve I get asked if I want to allow wineserver to connect. How do I stop those requests?

In System Preferences, Security and Privacy, Firewall, I have wineserver listed as "allow incoming connections". What else is needed?

Oh, And CCP Snorlax, are we going to get command-click mapped to secondary click? I tend to fumble finger the double-tap sufficiently often that having command-click mapped to secondary click would be quite helpful.

I haven't seen this, and don't recall other reports about this. I need to investigate and ask around inhouse.

For some reason I've been getting the 'wineserver connect' question on launch a lot this week.
Wedge Yamamoto
Old Scroogie Ltd
#326 - 2016-07-25 19:48:20 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Wedge Yamamoto wrote:

It's in the launcher Preferences.

Oh, got it. I kept looking at the "Settings" button on the launcher screen and I didn't realize there was a Preferences in the pull down menu. Thanks.
Arcdale
Doomheim
#327 - 2016-07-26 10:20:40 UTC
One small but annoying issue with the Wine version:

D-scan does not register a period "." when typing in the AU field. No problem with this key elsewhere in the UI (e.g. chat)

Apologies if this has been brought up before, looking through 17 pages was a bit much.
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#328 - 2016-07-26 18:24:15 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:

Oh, And CCP Snorlax, are we going to get command-click mapped to secondary click? I tend to fumble finger the double-tap sufficiently often that having command-click mapped to secondary click would be quite helpful.

I'm working on this issue now, hope to have a fix in a day or two.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#329 - 2016-07-27 03:16:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarisen Gream
Don't know if it just me - in one of the recent releases I have had times where my computer throws the improper key press sound (like the one when a key has no function in a window) when I click on things in the wine client. Changing from one client back to the other seems to fix it for a short while.

I multi-box with two accounts.

edit: it seems it happens if i change focus to an app and let it sit on top of my alts screen while trying to type in my mains.

edit 2: it seems that upon farther use of EVE that by running two clients, and switching between apps and clients there are times when one client doesn't react right when i engage with it. thus I get the error sound. I have to bounce around some more between applications and it will finally allow focus on that client.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

Jenda Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#330 - 2016-08-03 08:30:06 UTC
HI
I have big problem with wine ... it kicks me out after a certain mount of time. It says the socket is closed.
What does it mean ? Does it means that the internet connection is brocken or is it the program because on cider this issue didn't appeared at any time.
Thanks for help and sorry if this was already posted.
eVRiAL
Reveka.
Bad-Touch
#331 - 2016-08-12 07:59:17 UTC  |  Edited by: eVRiAL
Where are chat logs located? Before they were present in "~/Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/User/My Documents/EVE/logs/" but after wine nothing new there.

Ok found /Documents/EVE/logs/Chatlogs/ Lol
DanIstheman
Doomheim
#332 - 2016-08-14 23:51:26 UTC  |  Edited by: DanIstheman
Hi there tested wine running good in my legacy mac book pro.
Settings all low except shade, to se metallic effect, that is on medium.

Question: i downloaded the full game today, and the launcher started X11 , i have it installed before.
Does your wine version should use your own x11???
wine-debug must be in blank?
Any config tips?
Wrapper detection mac drivers graph card, no need check DX

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Yosemite last version

lol post forum timer.
DanIstheman
Doomheim
#333 - 2016-08-15 00:10:53 UTC
Jenda Azizora wrote:
HI
I have big problem with wine ... it kicks me out after a certain mount of time. It says the socket is closed.
What does it mean ? Does it means that the internet connection is brocken or is it the program because on cider this issue didn't appeared at any time.
Thanks for help and sorry if this was already posted.

did you give permissions to allowing incoming connections?
if yes

Check permisions and repair maybe the port is owned by other program. use activity monitor to se what is working at same time.
Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#334 - 2016-08-30 23:48:59 UTC
@ CCP Snorlax, any word on how Wine is progressing toward DX11???

Wedge Yamamoto
Old Scroogie Ltd
#335 - 2016-09-02 14:18:07 UTC
I want to run my EVE client in portable mode so that EVEMon can scrape the cache data. Presumably this requires running the client with the option '/LUA:OFF' or maybe '/end /LUA:OFF' and then pointing the EVEMon client towards the equivalent of %LOCALAPPDATA%\CPP\EVE.

1) How do I get the wine client to run in portable mode?

2) Where in the "$USER/Library/Application Support/EVE Online" directory structure is the correct cache directory for wine? Is it "$USER/Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/SharedCache/wineenv/drive_c/users/$USER/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE"?
Caidin
Galloglas
Fraternity.
#336 - 2016-09-02 22:51:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Caidin
Hi

having an issue in Windowed mode running at my usual 1024x768 (also tried 1280x800) where I have to position the mouse pointer slightly below where I would usually have it on screen in order to click. The problem doesn't exist in Full Screen or Fixed Mode

I am using the actual machine screen (not external monitor or tv)

System: Macbook Pro retina 13"
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
DanIstheman
Doomheim
#337 - 2016-09-04 23:02:56 UTC
Hi Does anyone solved or has, the mouse clicking issue on el Capitan with wine?

*Sometimes cant click on space
*Sometimes camera stay fixed
*Market windows has clicking delay
*Cant click under windowed mode

Starting to think in not pay next month fee...
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#338 - 2016-09-05 11:18:20 UTC
DanIstheman wrote:
Hi there tested wine running good in my legacy mac book pro.
Settings all low except shade, to se metallic effect, that is on medium.

Question: i downloaded the full game today, and the launcher started X11 , i have it installed before.
Does your wine version should use your own x11???
wine-debug must be in blank?
Any config tips?
Wrapper detection mac drivers graph card, no need check DX

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Yosemite last version

lol post forum timer.

X11 is a fallback - the native Mac driver is failing for some reason. Would be interested in seeing logs - please file a bug report and attach the launcher logs. It's easiest to find them by going to the View menu in the launcher, Reveal in Finder, Launcher Logs.

CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#339 - 2016-09-05 11:19:08 UTC
DanIstheman wrote:
Hi Does anyone solved or has, the mouse clicking issue on el Capitan with wine?

*Sometimes cant click on space
*Sometimes camera stay fixed
*Market windows has clicking delay
*Cant click under windowed mode

Starting to think in not pay next month fee...

I would be interested in seeing logs - please file a bug report and attach the launcher logs. It's easiest to find them by going to the View menu in the launcher, Reveal in Finder, Launcher Logs.

Thufir Arrakis
Gh0st of Eden
Parallaxis Alliance
#340 - 2016-09-16 18:08:54 UTC
Eve worked well with Cider on my iMac / OS X 10.9.5. I've tried Wine - and the game runs rough and jerky. I think I'm switching back to Cider.