These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

EVE THE SERIES?

Author
Chewytowel Haklar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2016-07-22 18:38:38 UTC
You guys are not seeing the creative potential here. It doesn't even have to be called EVE the tv show. It could be called Eden, have an amazing director/writer behind it and even get at least a miniseries if not a first season. I mean if someone has a script I think it could happen, just get a studio hyped about your idea and sell them 10 shows or something to see if it can float as a show.

With all the shows that are out there this could happen.
OverlordY
Interspan
#22 - 2016-07-22 23:37:21 UTC
So basicly like the Halo forward unto dawn series then
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#23 - 2016-07-23 15:06:28 UTC
OverlordY wrote:
So basicly like the Halo forward unto dawn series then

That would i think be a pretty good way to do it, the only problem i could forsee would be that EVE doesnt really have a universally recognised character like Masterchief to play the 'and heres the guy you all already know and love to kick some ass' part.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#24 - 2016-07-23 15:20:00 UTC
Not having a definitive main character also has some benefits.
Think about it, most series are locked into a semi-predictable format because you KNOW the main will survive.
Without a defined main you can kill off characters with impunity.
All that really matters is keeping the story interesting and contiguous.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#25 - 2016-07-23 16:04:55 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
Nope not going to work!

I agree. Who really would want to watch a ship spinning in station for 1 hr a week

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Circumstantial Evidence
#26 - 2016-07-25 18:21:06 UTC
The article says that Game of Thrones is their model. That series features interesting characters that come and go, usually quite violently. I imagine story arcs of a few episodes each. Big plans laid out, steps taken, and then horrible failures. Epic space battles. Cut to the FC still dripping with pod goo, punching out the titan pilot fresh out of the medical clone bay, for jumping instead of bridging.
Brigadine Ferathine
Presumed Dead Enterprises
Against ALL Authorities.
#27 - 2016-07-25 18:31:49 UTC
Hael Morgan wrote:
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/eve-online-tv-series

Likely? Unlikely?

Sounds like it could be good! Thoughts anyone?

An hour of commercials and ship spinning if you ask me.
Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
#28 - 2016-07-25 21:27:03 UTC
It would be interesting if they involved some of the actual player community to assist in the creation of it, just like the game.

There are a lot of players that have actually earned a spotlight or two from a series like this.

As another point, you'd have to really dive into the psyche of the actual players to understand any real characters based off of them. They'd also be smart to build 3 parallel stories lines into the series, or as 3 different series. Each representing the different eras of EVE. Starting era, middle era, and modern era. If you actually 'shot' the series or arcs with different effects and 'feel' you'd probably have the makings of a serious winner on your hands from both the player and non-player perspective.

This is entirely possible as a project, but it needs good writing and acting (either live or voice) to pull it off. Everything else is pretty much already there to make it interesting.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#29 - 2016-07-25 23:34:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Sobaan Tali
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL66220627EE518EE5

Done! Three times, in fact!

Btw, if you've never seen them, I highly recommend you watch them.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Previous page12