These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Nice to see so many "blues"...thanks Dev's!

First post First post
Author
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#1 - 2011-09-15 21:41:51 UTC
I just wanted to take a moment and thank the CCP staff for putting so much effort into timely responses to threads on the new forums. Its refreshing to see so many blue tabs in general discussion!! I hope this is the beginning of a new trend, and not a brief movement to satiate the rowdy masses.

.....now can any Dev's take a brief moment to help us all understand why Faction Warfare seems to be a taboo topic in terms of CCP response?? A simple "Its low on our priority list, dont expect anything more" would suffice. But the silence - its weird, awkward, and frustrating. Just curious, enlighten us.

Otherwise though, the extra time spent is appreciated!

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Jita Alt666
#2 - 2011-09-15 21:48:49 UTC
Shall we hire PL to clear this blob of blues?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#3 - 2011-09-15 21:53:43 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:

I'm not sure why you'd think PL have any aversion to blues.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2011-09-15 22:18:38 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
I just wanted to take a moment and thank the CCP staff for putting so much effort into timely responses to threads on the new forums. Its refreshing to see so many blue tabs in general discussion!! I hope this is the beginning of a new trend, and not a brief movement to satiate the rowdy masses.

.....now can any Dev's take a brief moment to help us all understand why Faction Warfare seems to be a taboo topic in terms of CCP response?? A simple "Its low on our priority list, dont expect anything more" would suffice. But the silence - its weird, awkward, and frustrating. Just curious, enlighten us.

I can comment a little on that although right here and now, I won't be able to give you the sort of substantial information you are most likely longing for.

It's true that we haven't been giving you guys a lot of answers about Factional Warfare recently, despite regular questions of its future. One of the worst things about the lack of replies is that it's easy to misinterpret it as verification that we're not going to do more work on FW and that's why the topic is skirted.

That is not the case though.

If we had made the decision not to work on it again, issuing a statement to that effect would be fairly straight forward. The reason we've been hesitant (arguably too much so) to open a discussion on FW is that we've been in planning mode lately and not quite sure where the chips would fall. We've wanted to be able to give you some real news...which we will be able to do soon, as planning mode is nearly at an end. Until then, I hope there's some solace in the fact that FW is still very much on the table.

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#5 - 2011-09-15 22:23:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Hans Jagerblitzen
Jita Alt666 wrote:

LOL.....nah....they've done a pretty fine job of clearing up miltia activity in and around Amamake though. No one enjoys being hotdropped incessantly.

Maybe I should be asking THEM why CCP won't talk about Faction Warfare.... :)

EDIT - spoke too soon. Thanks Guard! Your words are appreciated, though obviously until more is revealed it won't stop all the people from saying "CCP doesnt care blah blah blah..."

I hope the developers take some time during their "planning" to look at the Faction Warfare scene and realize that players really do value this feature, that it fosters the very type of small-gang warfare that is so missing from 0.0, and that fixes for the plex system are as easy as borrowing from Incursion code to bring meaning back to holding control over sovereignty in lowsec.

One of the great thing about Faction Warfare has been the positive attitudes of the pilots that continue to participate, which have enabled it to thrive as a fun source of pew pew despite lack of new features. I assure you, it would be one of the areas in the game where some updates will be very much well-recieved!

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Damassys Kadesh
Royal Khanid Hunting Society
#6 - 2011-09-15 23:15:53 UTC
Awsome to hear SOMETHING about FW Big smile

In the hopes that the devs will check out the ideas that are being thrown around about what types of changes the players are interested in, there have been some nice and fresh discussions going on in this thread (although it started as somewhat of a complainer thread :P):

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6455&p=2

Sourem Itharen > Congratulations Lady Kadesh, you have been selected by trial of fire and blood, under the watchful eyes of God, to represent Lord Khanid as his champion in the Imperial Succession trials -YC117

Damassys Kadesh
Royal Khanid Hunting Society
#7 - 2011-09-15 23:16:37 UTC
damn, forgot to "receive notifications"..... side note: need to revamp subscription feature :P

Sourem Itharen > Congratulations Lady Kadesh, you have been selected by trial of fire and blood, under the watchful eyes of God, to represent Lord Khanid as his champion in the Imperial Succession trials -YC117

CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2011-09-15 23:20:44 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:

LOL.....nah....they've done a pretty fine job of clearing up miltia activity in and around Amamake though. No one enjoys being hotdropped incessantly.

Maybe I should be asking THEM why CCP won't talk about Faction Warfare.... :)

EDIT - spoke too soon. Thanks Guard! Your words are appreciated, though obviously until more is revealed it won't stop all the people from saying "CCP doesnt care blah blah blah..."

I hope the developers take some time during their "planning" to look at the Faction Warfare scene and realize that players really do value this feature, that it fosters the very type of small-gang warfare that is so missing from 0.0, and that fixes for the plex system are as easy as borrowing from Incursion code to bring meaning back to holding control over sovereignty in lowsec.

One of the great thing about Faction Warfare has been the positive attitudes of the pilots that continue to participate, which have enabled it to thrive as a fun source of pew pew despite lack of new features. I assure you, it would be one of the areas in the game where some updates will be very much well-recieved!

Agreed.I was in Factional Warfare for a good while myself :). I absolutely loved it for the easy entry, yet passionate, PvP fleets that were almost always available when I wanted to jump on and partake in mayhem.

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Jita Alt666
#9 - 2011-09-16 01:00:29 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:

I can comment a little on that although right here and now, I won't be able to give you the sort of substantial information you are most likely longing for.

It's true that we haven't been giving you guys a lot of answers about Factional Warfare recently, despite regular questions of its future. One of the worst things about the lack of replies is that it's easy to misinterpret it as verification that we're not going to do more work on FW and that's why the topic is skirted.

If we had made the decision not to work on it again, issuing a statement to that effect would be fairly straight forward. The reason we've been hesitant (arguably too much so) to open a discussion on FW is that we've been in planning mode lately and not quite sure where the chips would fall. We've wanted to be able to give you some real news...which we will be able to do soon, as planning mode is nearly at an end. Until then, I hope there's some solace in the fact that FW is still very much on the table.

That is a lot of wards to say: FW is low priority. We are keen to look at it but we don't know when we can allocate resources to it nor do we know what resources will be free until we sort out things higher up the priority list.
Jita Alt666
#10 - 2011-09-16 01:02:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Jita Alt666
Malcanis wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:

I'm not sure why you'd think PL have any aversion to blues.

I have no idea what PL have aversions to. I do know that PL have an affinity to ISK and it is possible to hire them to hit groups you have a dislike for.
Ex0101
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#11 - 2011-09-16 01:17:50 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:

That is a lot of wards to say: FW is low priority. We are keen to look at it but we don't know when we can allocate resources to it nor do we know what resources will be free until we sort out things higher up the priority list.

Its because of posts like this they are so reluctant to post in the first place, taking one thing and trying to spin it into another.
Lushan Galindo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#12 - 2011-09-16 01:32:01 UTC
Wait, If devs are blue and GMs are red, does that mean that GMs are the enemy of players and devs????
GM Homonoia
Game Master Retirement Home
#13 - 2011-09-16 01:39:37 UTC
Lushan Galindo wrote:
Wait, If devs are blue and GMs are red, does that mean that GMs are the enemy of players and devs????

It means we go faster.

Senior GM Homonoia | Info Group | Senior Game Master

Drifnir
Zealots of Bob
#14 - 2011-09-16 01:48:57 UTC
Lushan Galindo wrote:

No, it's hidden advertisement for Red vs. Blue! The one best place to learn PVP in all of New Eden.

Also, it really IS nice, seeing this level of Dev communication it is....envigorating....after years of apparent apathy (or bunker-mentality - it's hard to tell). Welcome back to the surface guys, lovely to see you. We don't bite much...unless you screw up and don't let us know that you KNOW you screwed up.

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.

Carcosa Hali
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2011-09-16 02:07:48 UTC
GM Homonoia wrote:
Lushan Galindo wrote:

It means we go faster.

rofls QFT.
Khira Kitamatsu
#16 - 2011-09-16 05:57:38 UTC
Funny thing about responses from the devs on these forums...all they ever say is...

SOON™

Ponies!  We need more ponies!

Zangorus
Lightning Squad
Snuffed Out
#17 - 2011-09-16 06:19:50 UTC
Soon is better than No

Like my comment and recieve 1 million isk ingame!

DeBingJos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2011-09-16 06:29:03 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:

I think I love you. Oops

Ungi maðurinn þekkir reglurnar, en gamli maðurinn þekkir undantekningarnar. The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.

Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
The Initiative.
#19 - 2011-09-16 06:50:41 UTC
GM Homonoia wrote:
Lushan Galindo wrote:

It means we go faster.

Well if you're going to have a Waaagh, I'm afraid me and my sisters are going to have to dissapoint you and roast you with flamers and withering bolterfire.

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#20 - 2011-09-16 07:55:58 UTC
I must say I am very happy to hear this about FW the news about the Hangar is also very interesting and damnnear giddyable.

If you start devblogging these developments together with the new nebulas, and the send out invitation to players to come back you might get a stampede on your servers.

I know I'd consider it!

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

12Next page