These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fighters needs more EHP and ability to be repaired by Remote Reps.

First post
Author
CaesarGREG
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2016-07-13 21:38:11 UTC  |  Edited by: CaesarGREG
i have one question

Dominix have limited noumber of drones, why he can defend them by Repairing in space, and Carrier cant??

Ok some will say , because they repair in hangar. Ok then my answer is than is THIS is UNFAIR CUTING THAIR DPS by forceing u to hide them in hangar. (maybe i want try save them by repairing, maybe rep cycle will make them in space little longer enough to enemy explode, they r in space so why cant reppair them in space, >> developers have problems with implementing interface?)

2. More EHP , for their price usualy 4-6m in comparison to heavy drones , they should have more survival.

3. Time to Replacing dead fighters in squad is very slow, before u replace them another squad in space will die, if u hide all squads to hangar, u lose dps on field. Another big nerf to carriers. Expansive big **** should have some adventage above battleships.

thank you
fly safe.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#2 - 2016-07-13 21:52:42 UTC
Actually, that looks like several questions.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-07-13 22:14:25 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Actually, that looks like several questions.

I didn't hear any...but then there's this loud buzzing in my ears...

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
#4 - 2016-07-13 23:07:50 UTC
Doesn't this thread run counter to the "Carriers are OP" threads we are seeing.... I'm confused.
Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#5 - 2016-07-14 00:34:25 UTC
Pandora Carrollon wrote:
Doesn't this thread run counter to the "Carriers are OP" threads we are seeing.... I'm confused.

Maybe carriers have been re-balanced (aka nerfed in some quarters)
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#6 - 2016-07-14 00:38:44 UTC
Moved to Feedback and Ideas.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Maria Dragoon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2016-07-14 21:09:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Maria Dragoon
I didn't know being expensive should automatically mean they should be better.

I thought ship hulls fit in a role

I'm pretty sure that they are balanced along their role, which happens to be the carrier is NOT a solo combatant, but as a supporting vessel for other ships on the field.

So technically comparing a battleship to a carrier is like comparing an apple to an orange.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. Confucius

"A man who talks to people who aren't real is crazy. A man who talks to people who aren't real and writes down what they say is an author."

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2016-07-14 21:36:22 UTC
Fighters can **** up interceptors without even trying. Why the hell should they get BUFFED?
Yun Kuai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-07-15 09:05:08 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Fighters can **** up interceptors without even trying. Why the hell should they get BUFFED?

Why should ceptors whose main role is to tackle, not dps, be able to kill fighters who have close to a tanky destroyer's EHP? The statement is that now that fighters can be scrammed, they need to have the buffer to be able to last. I too agree that fighter EHP should be buffed, especially since it's not 9 individual drones flying separately.

--------------------------------------------------------::::::::::::--:::-----:::---::::::::::::--------------:::----------:::----:::---:::----------------------:::::::-------:::---:::----::::::-------------------:::-----------:::--:::----:::---------------------::::::::::::----:::::::----:::::::::::::-------

afk phone
Repo Industries
#10 - 2016-07-15 11:42:40 UTC
Yun Kuai wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

Why should ceptors whose main role is to tackle, not dps, be able to kill fighters who have close to a tanky destroyer's EHP? The statement is that now that fighters can be scrammed, they need to have the buffer to be able to last. I too agree that fighter EHP should be buffed, especially since it's not 9 individual drones flying separately.

If they can't kill fighter, BUT fighters can slaughter them, how would an interceptor tackle a carrier?

Cepter warps in, points carrier, carrier kills ceptor in seconds.

The balance to this is that if 1 captor tackles a carrier - the fighters kill it. If a team of cepters tackles a carrier AND work together to kill off the fighters, then they have a chance to hold it down. This seems fine to me.

"I have a carrier, I shouldn't be tackled" doesn't seem fine to me.

Because you risk averse null carrier ratting ninnies are able to have:
1. Local
2. Bubbled dead end systems
3. Intel channels

Interceptors in sufficient numbers should be able to tackle you when you are AFK, kill your fighters off and wait for friends to come and fryyourass for being bad at the game.

If you're in a fleet w/ multiple carriers and/or support - interceptors don't matter. Whining about being unfairly tackled by an interceptor or having your fighters unfairly killed of by frigates is the bleeting of the solo carrier ratter. The game isn't and shouldn't be balanced around solo carrier ratting pwnmobiles. Please read the previous sentence many several times until it sinks in.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2016-07-15 13:19:15 UTC
Yun Kuai wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

Please explain why you feel that carriers should be able to effortlessly slaughter any subcap they happen to come across.

And why the ability for carriers to do this should be buffed, by making it harder for said subcaps to actually defend themselves.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2016-07-15 14:22:57 UTC
No, cause carriers are already powerful enough atm.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#13 - 2016-07-15 14:36:54 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Please explain why you feel that carriers should be able to effortlessly slaughter any subcap they happen to come across.

And why the ability for carriers to do this should be buffed, by making it harder for said subcaps to actually defend themselves.

Because my favorite ship is always underpowered and needs insane buffs, while my opponents favorite ships are always overpowered and need huge nerfs.

Balance is only when what I'm flying is buffed to hell and the other guy has absolutely no chance.

/sarcasm off