These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

About citadels

Author
Forum Toon
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-07-09 18:38:14 UTC
my google fu failed me so few questions,
1. a single player can run a citadel? it's like POS where you need loads of fuel etc?
2. can I anchor a citadel anywhere on the grid of a system? let's say somewhere far to the top or sides of the system?
3. does citadel shows on overview?
4. can one "hide" a citadel somewhere in space (MJD for few hours or just fly straight out for few hours far away?) so it will be rather hard to scan one down?

For miner industrial minded player,
reprocessing, research and maybe manufacturing - the medium sized citadel can work?

In general if you have a decent guide or video you can share link to it will be great.
Mark O'Helm
Fam. Zimin von Reizgenschwendt
#2 - 2016-07-09 20:39:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Mark O'Helm
1. Yes, if he is the CEO of a corp.
2. Yes, but at least 1000km away from any station, planet, moon, citadel, etc.
3. Yes, when they are open to dock for everybody (Freeport-Mode)
4. Not totally. Everybody can at least see a beacon with a blue square in space and a blue mark on your compass. I dont know, how complicated it is to scan them down, but i guess not very much.

Reprocessing yes, Research and Manufacturing not yet.

I hope that helps. Fly safe.

"Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen. Aber Frauen wollen keine Frauenversteher. Weil Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen." (Ein Single)

"Wirklich coolen Leuten ist es egal, ob sie cool sind." (Einer, dem es egal ist)

Forum Toon
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-07-09 20:49:37 UTC
ok thanks! and one last thing, unlike POS I don't see any skills related to citadels.
any skills needed?
Mark O'Helm
Fam. Zimin von Reizgenschwendt
#4 - 2016-07-09 21:08:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Mark O'Helm
Forum Toon wrote:
ok thanks! and one last thing, unlike POS I don't see any skills related to citadels.
any skills needed?

You can find most information here https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/structure-fitting-in-the-citadel-expansion/

"Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen. Aber Frauen wollen keine Frauenversteher. Weil Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen." (Ein Single)

"Wirklich coolen Leuten ist es egal, ob sie cool sind." (Einer, dem es egal ist)

Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#5 - 2016-07-10 11:58:37 UTC
The skills needed for Citadels are listed under structure management on your market tab - they are seeded at all schools.
Huttan Funaila
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2016-07-11 03:34:20 UTC
Forum Toon wrote:

3. does citadel shows on overview?
4. can one "hide" a citadel somewhere in space (MJD for few hours or just fly straight out for few hours far away?) so it will be rather hard to scan one down?

If you can dock at the citadel, it shows on the overview. If your internet bandwidth is slow, when you jump into a system, every citadel shows on the overview and the ones you cannot dock at show and then get filtered out. While this "information leakage" is probably a game bug, it gives you a count that you can get via other means.

Whether you can dock at it or not, the blue diamond (like green diamonds for anomalies) shows in space and lets you warp to the citadel. You might have filtered the blue diamonds out. To see, click (I'm not at my game computer so I can't check whether left or right clicking) the radial (the round thing with shields/armor/capacitor) on your HUD, things like anoms can be filtered out
Zoltan Lazar
#7 - 2016-07-11 07:09:36 UTC
On 4:

First off, the fastest ships are just MWD'ing frigs (usually a dram iirc, you can overwise MWD + snakes + links) and can reach almost 20km/s cap stable. You wouldn't use MJDs.

Even if you're going 20km/s it would take 3 months of travel to go 1au. Dscan is over 14au. You can't get a citadel to be out of dscan range in a WH without some secret deep safe methods.
Romia Sunji
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#8 - 2016-07-17 22:22:11 UTC
Hello all,

Does anyone know when Citadels will offer manufacturing?
Tarbro Abec
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-07-18 01:56:03 UTC
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#10 - 2016-07-18 18:41:08 UTC
Romia Sunji wrote:
Hello all,

Does anyone know when Citadels will offer manufacturing?

It isn't an announced feature.

Industrial Arrays, which are independent structures, have been announced for the Fall.