These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP baiting us on a free can....Vehemently opposed to the Vehement

Author
Celeste Coeval
The Gosimer and Scarab
#21 - 2016-07-10 11:19:33 UTC
Duke Amarrian wrote:
I dont know why people are complaining. I've had to part my main account for this event because i'm finding the loot to be so god dam sweet i'm enjoying it more than my wormhole adventures.

it could possibly be time that other players dont have not sure. Let alone the BP for the gold can is awesome. I"m already seeing stupid people selling it beflow 10 bill and manufacturers are pissing themselves laughing at the cost. Come end of the event and when the BP's will be scarse I"m going to bust a few wallets open and make them pay for my time.

CCP have given you profits like mad and choices. Don't blame them if you are selling stuff dirt cheap because obviously your acting is desperate measures and are not playing the economical game of patience to reap the rewards come end of event.

Sorry but i've already made billions from this event and it hasn't been a full week. Seriously can you blame ccp for that ???

The loot is fine, I made a good amount on the implants that drop, the BPC is sweet indeed, it's just excessive in it's build requirements, it's nonsensical. If you continue to support unrealistic build requirements for stuff and accept this ridiculous material cost of the Vehement, you open the door for worse.
Celeste Coeval
The Gosimer and Scarab
#22 - 2016-07-10 11:24:10 UTC
Sitting Bull Lakota wrote:
Evi Polevhia wrote:
Look, seriously. If you have better ideas, hash it out with the CSM reps. While some good could possibly come out of this thread, talking to people who can actually do things is going to be better. This is EVE. Complaining in the wrong place will simply get you mocked more often than not.

Going to the CSM can't hurt, but we have plenty of cases where player recommendations fell on deaf ears.
I'd include the 118.6 carrier "rebalance" with that.

On the one hand, I am put off by what appears to be shoddy releases and knee-jerk balancing. On the other hand, I see the painstaking effort and clear player involvement in other releases.
But that's what I get for subscribing to an indie-cult mmo like the vegan foodtruck loving hipster that I am.

I can agree with all of your points, contradiction isn't something to shy away from, most complex issues are contradictory, the build cost of the Vehement isn't painstaking, it's 5 mins in the item editor.
Celeste Coeval
The Gosimer and Scarab
#23 - 2016-07-10 11:25:28 UTC
The price of the Vehement should be controlled by the scarcity of the BPC like every other single faction item in the game, not on unrealistic build req's.
Zanar Skwigelf
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#24 - 2016-07-10 14:34:55 UTC
Can someone explain to me why OP mentioning they are an 06 player is an advantage when complaining about the build cost of half a titan?
Celeste Coeval
The Gosimer and Scarab
#25 - 2016-07-10 14:43:30 UTC
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:
Can someone explain to me why OP mentioning they are an 06 player is an advantage when complaining about the build cost of half a titan?

I can explain that for you, seeing as I am in the best position to explain my own words, rather than you asking for support from trolls.

I am not sure why you added your own meaning into what I said, I never suggested my age was any sort of advantage. It's simply a statement intended to convey that my post has 10 years of eve experience behind it. Perhaps if you were less pedantic and capable of addressing the core points of my post you wouldn't have to nitpick little details that annoy you because you lack the capacity to post any coherent, erudite response.
Zanar Skwigelf
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#26 - 2016-07-10 15:11:36 UTC
A dread that does 10% more damage and costs 10% more than a normal dread will replace every dread in the game.

Why use a Moros when you leaving 10% damage on the table for a mere 200million isk? There is no trade off, it becomes a must have dread.

While the price is very high its at the level where Alliances have to decide if its worth bringing into combat for its cost.

Or, people swimming in c5/c6 magnetar isk can up their damage even more.

Also, I would guess that if one of these appeared in a fleet it would get primaried automatically, quite an advantage if it can abosrb the damage.
DeODokktor
Dark Templars
The Fonz Presidium
#27 - 2016-07-10 15:13:04 UTC
The big "win" is not the vehement bpc, but being in the top 10 so you can get the other "Real" rewards.

Vanquisher and Vendetta BPC's are going to be the "Win"..

I do agree that something seems seriously unbalanced by the manufacturing cost on these prints, I know that there are some in the oven, but that's really not the point. CCP seems to be using these items as a way to drain minerals from the game or something. The install cost on them will be massive too. Some people could say it is a reward for highly efficient and productive corps, but to me it looks like they are just trying to see how much people in the current playerbase are willing to pay for items.

A ton of the players just seem to have little understanding of value. I know that it's just internet game monies, but you would still think that some people could do basic math.
For example, Copper Accelerators are only today reaching price parity with the cost of injectors, and that's for players who have > 80m SP.. I think CCP can see how dumb some of the players are and they are looking to take advantage of it.

I am not going to say the event is a fail, but the rewards (and how users seem to perceive them) is a utter fail.

Not to mention the fact that they have duplicated items for this event, and that leads to exploits that they have to now address.
39584 Brutix Serpentis SKIN (Permanent)
42177 Brutix Serpentis SKIN (Permanent)

39585 Catalyst Serpentis SKIN (Permanent)
42162 Catalyst Serpentis SKIN (Permanent)

I am sure there is more fail out there too, but I dare not go on about it - else my post will look like the OPs.
DeODokktor
Dark Templars
The Fonz Presidium
#28 - 2016-07-10 15:16:10 UTC
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:
A dread that does 10% more damage and costs 10% more than a normal dread will replace every dread in the game.

Why use a Moros when you leaving 10% damage on the table for a mere 200million isk? There is no trade off, it becomes a must have dread.

While the price is very high its at the level where Alliances have to decide if its worth bringing into combat for its cost.

Also, I would guess that if one of these appeared in a fleet it would get primaried automatically, quite an advantage if it can abosrb the damage.

Instead of buying this ONE dread, you could purchase 25 dreads, what will bring more power?
There is not going to be enough of these in game to have a whole fleet of them, all it is going to be is something a lot of people will be willing to throw isk at to see destroyed. The other team could throw 20 dreads at your one dread, if they kill you then they have the obvious "isk" win.
Zanar Skwigelf
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#29 - 2016-07-10 15:36:51 UTC
DeODokktor wrote:
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:

Instead of buying this ONE dread, you could purchase 25 dreads, what will bring more power?
There is not going to be enough of these in game to have a whole fleet of them, all it is going to be is something a lot of people will be willing to throw isk at to see destroyed. The other team could throw 20 dreads at your one dread, if they kill you then they have the obvious "isk" win.

Quality vs. Quantity. There are situations where you don't want 25 dreads, or if you are going thru a wormhole chain can't bring 25 dreads.
Celeste Coeval
The Gosimer and Scarab
#30 - 2016-07-10 15:38:09 UTC
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:

To be clear I am not disputing the price AT ALL, I am disputing the arbitrary material build cost, that does not have to be so high, it's a problem of logistics, not a problem of price. If someone wants to fly a huge shiny they can do, but the price of this item should be controlled by BPC scarcity, not material build cost, I will keep reiterating this until people take in onboard and stop misfiring with responses.
Celeste Coeval
The Gosimer and Scarab
#31 - 2016-07-10 15:39:46 UTC
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:
DeODokktor wrote:
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:

Quality vs. Quantity. There are situations where you don't want 25 dreads, or if you are going thru a wormhole chain can't bring 25 dreads.

the material build cost is 20 dreads, 20 time the mass of materials, yet the finished product is 1/20th the mass of the parts, this makes no sense at all.
DeODokktor
Dark Templars
The Fonz Presidium
#32 - 2016-07-10 15:42:02 UTC
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:
DeODokktor wrote:
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:

Yea, But do you think someone is going to take a 50bn isk dread through a WH by itself?...
While I think we will see a few players who don't mind throwing this type of isk around, it's not going to be that many, probably far less than the number of bpc's that we will see in game!
Zakarumit CZ
Zakarum Industries
Forgers United
#33 - 2016-07-10 17:46:59 UTC
The fact that this BPCs (all of them) are going to be available though LP store after the event seem to be unknown for some people. Anyway, cant imagine anyone brining titan with manufacturing requirements of roughly 1T into battle...
Roenok Baalnorn
Baalnorn Heavy Industries
#34 - 2016-07-10 21:44:28 UTC
The vehement lose its cap rep bonus which is traded for 10% web effectiveness and gains 12.5% to turret damage( that you dont have train gal dread up to level 5 for but have to dual train for minmatar dreads as well). For many this this would probably be a 17.5% gain in dps or better. It also has slightly better HP than the moros.

However at 20 times the cost in mats of a regular dread( plus profit margin and the fact it will be more rare even when available in the store) your looking at 50 bil is probably going to be on the low end and 60-80 bil on the upper end.

Even in the 50-60 bil range you are looking at two fully fitted nyx supers for the same cost or half a titan. But the benefits of the vehement are not going to be on par with the cost, making it a rich player "look at my pimped out dread because i have to much isk" thing that never actually gets used. Look at the revenant super. Its been out what? 3 or 4 years? more? and only 7 have been killed. Its a bling ship for epeen bragging rights. And its a complete waste of CCPs time to develop stuff like this that no one really can use on the regular basis because of its cost vs bling factor VS actual usability. The revenant is only about 5-6 times the cost of a regular super, the vehement is going to be 20 times.

The cost of mats for the vehement should be lowered to 3-5 times the cost for a normal dread. At 4 times the material and controlled by BPCs you are looking at 10-15 bil isk range which i think is a much more realistic trade off.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#35 - 2016-07-11 02:29:50 UTC
I miss the days that high value ore sites used to be grav sites.

Back when exploration was about exploring, rather than grinding.
Tal Arran
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2016-07-11 03:29:18 UTC
just as the topic creator, I compared moros to vehement and I just cant comprehend the reason behind x20 in build costs for the same hull. I can understand the x2000 chips you need, but why capital components are x20 times moros. By that logic, rattlesnake fleets shouldnt exist, cause their mineral requirements should be x20 scorpions each.

Using Lore logic, what kind of scientist would take gallente blueprint and make "advanced" version by not making it more efficient and powerful, but a little bit better at the cost of x20 less ME and Serpentis going, oh yeah that sounds fair...

The corporation name says it all..Rent Rules

Coralas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2016-07-11 07:42:20 UTC
I don't actually understand why exploration pilots would have many beefs with the event.

(a) the shipyard+research follows normal signature spawning rules, which is highly advantageous to _mobile_ pilots who understand how it works and where to look - errr "explore" for stacked signatures. My record thus far has been 12 in a system, followed by 9 in the next system, and I frequently find 3-4 and get to solo most or all of them (my preferred way as I have the encounter perfected for my ship and more players often doesn't make it faster or most importantly more loot rolls per hour).

(b) you have to kill slightly less than half of the NPCs to get the loot to drop, if you do that in the right order, you get another loot roll at the end for basically the same set of NPCs with 2 extra BCs (which die fast). ie if you know where the s+rs stack up, and where you don't have competition, you can essentially turn a stack of 10 s+rs into 20 loot rolls with only 10 warps (minimized overhead), and no jumps (overhead), and no further searching (overhead).

(c) its abundantly clear that the players who I would normally be competing with telescopes, phi and mul zatar, are running s+rs as well (some seem more or less exclusively), which is reducing the number of ded signatures they consume (and thus regenerate through causing it to respawn). Its certainly reducing the number of sigs I find per session, because I spend some time on the event and don't move as much.

That has lead to supply issues with the corelum c-type medium repairer, and the corelum c-type energized explosive membrane, which amongst other things completely cleared dodixie of the rep, and saw my last unit go for more than 50% more than pre event, on a badly conservative price guess (looks like the market would bear double price).

The rep showed up the stress first, because it turns out the traders in dodixie didn't have stocks. I have little doubt other modules across all races are also burning traders stocks, and you'll see resistance points in the prices melt when they are burnt. it will take a long time for the market to build up stocks to put those resistance points back.

As a pilot performing "grindsploration" its fine, because there is simply another choice available to me when I land in system, about content. and a lot more value about crossing some lowsec. I'm not personally _that_ interested in the bpc, like most people i think I'm interested in completing a midgrade set of implants for myself, and selling other implant drops.

If you tend to get double rolls per s+r, it seems like you'll also run very close to 2000 chips when you finish the event, which leaves that part of the event dealt with, and just a question of whether CCP will reconsider the pre-nerfed mats on the bpc -> if nobody builds them at the current prices...
wangsunan
Dragonborn of New Eden
Fraternity.
#38 - 2016-08-08 09:00:14 UTC
I have never commented on forum threads cause laziness , but this one made me logged in and replied, ITS PURE GOLD, its probably comment from thousands players who are too lazy to make a complaint towards CCP, I have to leave my marks here before its getting locked

Thousands bumps for you bro
wangsunan
Dragonborn of New Eden
Fraternity.
#39 - 2016-08-08 09:06:23 UTC
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:

Sure thing , but when this 10% more damage became 1800% more expensive than a Moros , then nobody cares about the damage anymore , they can as well bringing 2 super carrier which also cost 40b to battle,and deal 120% more damage than a single vehement and can tank maybe 1000% more damage.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#40 - 2016-08-08 09:18:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
This doesnt have much sense to me, why so much materials? Its unimaginable why would someone build that to use. Only for looking at it and to tell everybody you have something like that. Collectors item and thats all.

Bring one, everyone will shoot it and it will melt quicker than your other Moros..