These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

(CalMil) FW Evaluation

Author
Deen Wispa
The Mjolnir Bloc
The Bloc
#21 - 2016-07-06 14:26:01 UTC
Glitch Lampshade wrote:
Joel Vaille wrote:
Are you the type of dude who tries to organize stuff in militia chat? Those people are so funny. When no one responds to "is anyone hunting in factional warfare tonight?" They think something is wrong with calmil and not with how incredibly stupid they sound.



fingers crossed when you kill us off this time people will realize change is needed. Until then, see you on the field <3.


I've seen some interesting things in my time but I've never seen a leader hoping for his side to get killed off again just so he can prove a point. That's very sad to read.

Quote:
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek
– Barack Obama

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Glitch Lampshade
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2016-07-06 15:33:38 UTC
I am no leader,

Just an FC.


I am hoping a change of attitude will happen, because right now ... its awful. Nothing i have done has changed it. So fingers crossed IF we loose again... It may change.
May Arethusa
The Mjolnir Bloc
The Bloc
#23 - 2016-07-06 17:38:08 UTC  |  Edited by: May Arethusa
Quote:
People laughing at the general militia trying to find content while sitting in your ivory tower of an alliance. The biggest issue with Calmil is that all the main alliances like to do their own thing. And the quote above is an example of the mindset.


Pretty much this, all over. Insularity has been a long standing and deep seated issue with CalMil for as long as I can remember, along with a propensity to allow internal drama to interfere with the bigger picture. This has improved a lot over the past few years, but it could always be better. I've always said that CalMil are slow learners, and two years down the road it is still true.

There is still a huge disconnect between the major alliances and the rest of the militia however, which remains our biggest flaw. That guy trying to muster up a handful of pilots to plex shouldn't be laughed at, he should be encouraged. Sure, his attempts might seem disorganised and borderline amusing at times, but with a little support and experience behind him, he's a potential FC who you'd give your left arm for while you station spin, sullenly recalling the "glory days" when there were 50-man cruiser fleets roaming the warzone on a daily basis. They don't happen any more, purely because there are few FCs left willing to "endure" genmil pilots. If they look like an idiot, they will be treated as such and either ignored, removed, or offered advice with thinly veiled contempt and open impatience. Until this improves, CalmIl will continue to die a slow death, wondering where all it's members have gone.
Deen Wispa
The Mjolnir Bloc
The Bloc
#24 - 2016-07-07 02:32:33 UTC
Glitch Lampshade wrote:
I am no leader,

Just an FC.


I am hoping a change of attitude will happen, because right now ... its awful. Nothing i have done has changed it. So fingers crossed IF we loose again... It may change.


An FC IS a leader!People will follow you onto the battlefield and will do whatever you say. If you believe it, they will follow.

I remember you when we were both in Gallente and you were growing through the ranks as an FC. You were junior at the time and constantly taking cruiser fleets out trying to grow your tradecraft. Sometimes you won. Sometimes you lost. But it never stopped you from believing. I remember thinking you'd be really good someday if people would leave you alone and let you do your thing. Unfortunately, militia politics got in the way and Villore Accords bullied you out of the militia due to personal conflict and animosity.

I have no doubt that being an FC in Caldariland is a challenge. After being beaten for so many years, I imagine the culture is just an acceptance of mediocrity and total apathy. How can you show them that winning is possible when the current generation has known nothing but losing? Your belief system has to be so strong that it has to overcome all doubt that they have.

I know change is possible. Gallente was beaten many years ago by the Caldari and a single FC came along and helped turned it around. Whether you can be that hero, is up to you. There is no need answer here on forums. Just food for thought :)

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Oreb Wing
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2016-07-07 05:00:35 UTC
Fugging cloaked button spinning mission bombers! #neveragain


As for Glitch. I remember that my first kill with a thorax was with him. We killed ourselves a drake. I feel like I've come a long ways since then. A lot of that was due to the patience of FC's like glitch and dopefied. Yamcha, though, that fugger always got me blowed up. I somewhat recall a Mr. Wispa that was pretty chill too. Ah, reminds me of less complicated times!
Nameira Vanis-Tor
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
Heiian Conglomerate
#26 - 2016-07-07 11:12:58 UTC
Too many in Cal Mil buy into the propaganda that Gal Mil are invincible. From my experience in Cal Mil the biggest problem was that there was no will to fight, certainly in the EU timezone. I swear I was willing to scream whenever I posted in an intel channel about a Gal Mil fleet we could engage and get told 'no they are too strong'.

No war was ever won on the defensive. If Cal Mil is ever to make headway it needs to get over its self doubt and FIGHT!
Thanatos Marathon
Justified Chaos
Spaceship Bebop
#27 - 2016-07-07 14:42:44 UTC
Why you make me fly all the way to Rakapas to make the pew pew with you?

Nameira Vanis-Tor wrote:
Too many in Cal Mil buy into the propaganda that Gal Mil are invincible. From my experience in Cal Mil the biggest problem was that there was no will to fight, certainly in the EU timezone. I swear I was willing to scream whenever I posted in an intel channel about a Gal Mil fleet we could engage and get told 'no they are too strong'.

No war was ever won on the defensive. If Cal Mil is ever to make headway it needs to get over its self doubt and FIGHT!

Roy Henry
Black Fox Marauders
Spaceship Bebop
#28 - 2016-07-07 18:01:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Roy Henry
What eve o thread is better: a galmil circle jerk or a cal mil pity party.

I'm a circle jerk traditionalist but this pity party is takin off.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
Okkamon Pirates
#29 - 2016-07-08 01:44:49 UTC
Deen Wispa wrote:


I've seen some interesting things in my time but I've never seen a leader hoping for his side to get killed off again just so he can prove a point. That's very sad to read.





It has happened before. Like when Mr Duffo orchestrated the OICX massacre a few years back.
SmokinJs Arthie
Justified Chaos
Spaceship Bebop
#30 - 2016-07-08 04:08:15 UTC  |  Edited by: SmokinJs Arthie
IbanezLaney wrote:
Deen Wispa wrote:


I've seen some interesting things in my time but I've never seen a leader hoping for his side to get killed off again just so he can prove a point. That's very sad to read.





It has happened before. Like when Mr Duffo orchestrated the OICX massacre a few years back.



God I remember that. What genius wants to take a system between fortress Eha and Vlill the longest held system in facwar.
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#31 - 2016-07-09 18:02:46 UTC
Perhaps lessons can be learned from alliances like pandemic horde, who regularly take pilots not only unskilled at pvp but totally new to eve and make them worthwhile members. I think people are right when they say that the problem lies with the Calmil veterans not caring enough about the less experienced members, both in growing their skills and in making them feel welcome in the first place.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Roy Henry
Black Fox Marauders
Spaceship Bebop
#32 - 2016-07-09 18:33:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Roy Henry
Darek Castigatus wrote:
Perhaps lessons can be learned from alliances like pandemic horde, who regularly take pilots not only unskilled at pvp but totally new to eve and make them worthwhile members. I think people are right when they say that the problem lies with the Calmil veterans not caring enough about the less experienced members, both in growing their skills and in making them feel welcome in the first place.



Why doesn't your Corp or alliance take on a ton of rookies and harness their power? Same reason many orgnaizations don't, because it's hard to do effectively. PH works because it's a blob of dudes given a ship and a target and told to do it. I doubt they really interact on the fleet level with the PL fleet all that much, but I may be wrong.

All militias have to deal with the fw v other content debate, I think cal mil just struggles with it more because it's so secular, not to mention they bullied out their one real newbie Corp meatshield because they didn't find them up to their standards.
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#33 - 2016-07-09 19:05:12 UTC
Roy Henry wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:
Perhaps lessons can be learned from alliances like pandemic horde, who regularly take pilots not only unskilled at pvp but totally new to eve and make them worthwhile members. I think people are right when they say that the problem lies with the Calmil veterans not caring enough about the less experienced members, both in growing their skills and in making them feel welcome in the first place.



Why doesn't your Corp or alliance take on a ton of rookies and harness their power? Same reason many orgnaizations don't, because it's hard to do effectively. PH works because it's a blob of dudes given a ship and a target and told to do it. I doubt they really interact on the fleet level with the PL fleet all that much, but I may be wrong.

All militias have to deal with the fw v other content debate, I think cal mil just struggles with it more because it's so secular, not to mention they bullied out their one real newbie Corp meatshield because they didn't find them up to their standards.


My alliance isnt getting its ass handed to it because its outnumbered and its veterans refuse to help develop new talent, calmil is. You would think they would want to take anyone who would help them get out of that but no-one seems to care.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Roy Henry
Black Fox Marauders
Spaceship Bebop
#34 - 2016-07-09 19:29:57 UTC
Darek Castigatus wrote:
Roy Henry wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:
Perhaps lessons can be learned from alliances like pandemic horde, who regularly take pilots not only unskilled at pvp but totally new to eve and make them worthwhile members. I think people are right when they say that the problem lies with the Calmil veterans not caring enough about the less experienced members, both in growing their skills and in making them feel welcome in the first place.



Why doesn't your Corp or alliance take on a ton of rookies and harness their power? Same reason many orgnaizations don't, because it's hard to do effectively. PH works because it's a blob of dudes given a ship and a target and told to do it. I doubt they really interact on the fleet level with the PL fleet all that much, but I may be wrong.

All militias have to deal with the fw v other content debate, I think cal mil just struggles with it more because it's so secular, not to mention they bullied out their one real newbie Corp meatshield because they didn't find them up to their standards.


My alliance isnt getting its ass handed to it because its outnumbered and its veterans refuse to help develop new talent, calmil is. You would think they would want to take anyone who would help them get out of that but no-one seems to care.


I attribute this more to the secular and divided nature and inability to pool manpower or cordnate. If cal mil as it stands just all got together and tried to do something in unison gal would be in a spot of trouble.
Morgan Agrivar
Dantbeinn Enterprises
#35 - 2016-07-10 00:08:42 UTC
As an ex-GalMil pilot, I have found that CalMil was always organized when my corp and I went head on with them. The ones I found disorganized was AmarrMil...and of course we just killed Minimatar pilots when they aggressed us...

Constantly.

It came to a point where I would yellow box anyone (even other GalMil pilots) as soon as they came into the plex with me. If they did anything besides turn away and leave, I shot at them. Damn awoxers. I got to -6.2 sec status before I left and spent 300m isk to fix it and return to nuzzling the warm bosom of highsec, shooting MTUs and trying to bait mission runners to fight me.
Oreb Wing
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2016-07-11 02:58:16 UTC
Morgan Agrivar wrote:
As an ex-GalMil pilot, I have found that CalMil was always organized when my corp and I went head on with them. The ones I found disorganized was AmarrMil...and of course we just killed Minimatar pilots when they aggressed us...

Constantly.

It came to a point where I would yellow box anyone (even other GalMil pilots) as soon as they came into the plex with me. If they did anything besides turn away and leave, I shot at them. Damn awoxers. I got to -6.2 sec status before I left and spent 300m isk to fix it and return to nuzzling the warm bosom of highsec, shooting MTUs and trying to bait mission runners to fight me.



u backslider

Come back to the light.
Morgan Agrivar
Dantbeinn Enterprises
#37 - 2016-07-11 03:05:17 UTC
Oreb Wing wrote:
Morgan Agrivar wrote:
As an ex-GalMil pilot, I have found that CalMil was always organized when my corp and I went head on with them. The ones I found disorganized was AmarrMil...and of course we just killed Minimatar pilots when they aggressed us...

Constantly.

It came to a point where I would yellow box anyone (even other GalMil pilots) as soon as they came into the plex with me. If they did anything besides turn away and leave, I shot at them. Damn awoxers. I got to -6.2 sec status before I left and spent 300m isk to fix it and return to nuzzling the warm bosom of highsec, shooting MTUs and trying to bait mission runners to fight me.



u backslider

Come back to the light.

I am sorry, but the extra salty tears of carebear mission runners is just too much to resist. They get very angry when you blow up their MTU, but yet I still haven't had one of them engage me.

The reason why I have not returned back to lowsec for the fights (which I did like but wasn't very good at) is that boosting isn't on grid yet. I hate fighting someone with off grid links.

When CCP actually delivers what they have promised, then I might reconsider. Until then, fight on without me. You can harass the CalMil and I will harass mission runners in Caldari space. Cool
Thanatos Marathon
Justified Chaos
Spaceship Bebop
#38 - 2016-07-11 16:11:22 UTC
Come kill off grid links. It is fun.

Morgan Agrivar wrote:

I am sorry, but the extra salty tears of carebear mission runners is just too much to resist. They get very angry when you blow up their MTU, but yet I still haven't had one of them engage me.

The reason why I have not returned back to lowsec for the fights (which I did like but wasn't very good at) is that boosting isn't on grid yet. I hate fighting someone with off grid links.

When CCP actually delivers what they have promised, then I might reconsider. Until then, fight on without me. You can harass the CalMil and I will harass mission runners in Caldari space. Cool

X Gallentius
Justified Chaos
Spaceship Bebop
#39 - 2016-07-11 16:22:52 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Glitch Lampshade wrote:
I am no leader, Just an FC.

I am hoping a change of attitude will happen, because right now ... its awful. Nothing i have done has changed it. So fingers crossed IF we loose again... It may change.
I have a confession. The first time Gallente took the warzone was mostly accomplished by planting a spy FC into your ranks: The "Don" Bolsterbomb. He destroyed Caldari militia cohesion by welping several fleets into us. This time we have inserted Glitch, and although his means are somewhat different, the overall goal has been the same. Glitch, your rather large pension will be available to you after we accomplish our goal.

Three times is a charm. Let's do this!
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
Okkamon Pirates
#40 - 2016-07-14 02:59:45 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Glitch Lampshade wrote:
I am no leader, Just an FC.

I am hoping a change of attitude will happen, because right now ... its awful. Nothing i have done has changed it. So fingers crossed IF we loose again... It may change.
I have a confession. The first time Gallente took the warzone was mostly accomplished by planting a spy FC into your ranks: The "Don" Bolsterbomb. He destroyed Caldari militia cohesion by welping several fleets into us. This time we have inserted Glitch, and although his means are somewhat different, the overall goal has been the same. Glitch, your rather large pension will be available to you after we accomplish our goal.

Three times is a charm. Let's do this!



Does his pension consist of 2000 derptrons?

Previous page123Next page