These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

This game is filled with socipaths and I will fight them!

First post
Author
Trader20
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2016-07-06 17:37:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Trader20
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Trader20 wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:
Trader20 wrote:
Eve has less sociopath's then any console multiplayer fps, this community is soft compared to them.

Are we playing the same game? Do you even know what's going on out in space?

I think so, people roleplaying as sociopaths. mmorpg not real life remember.

Also to the people who think they're sociopaths you're not, trust me.

Hate to break it to ya, but literally everyone is at least a little sociopathic to some degree.

People who think that wear to much black eye liner and watch to much twilight. You're not as "dark" as you think you are, trust me.

To op, best thing you can do is what I'm doing right now, remind the "sociopaths" that they're roleplaying in a computer game. This community is easy to trigger once you know how to see through their bs.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2016-07-06 17:48:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Trader20 wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Trader20 wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:
Trader20 wrote:
Eve has less sociopath's then any console multiplayer fps, this community is soft compared to them.

Are we playing the same game? Do you even know what's going on out in space?

I think so, people roleplaying as sociopaths. mmorpg not real life remember.

Also to the people who think they're sociopaths you're not, trust me.

Hate to break it to ya, but literally everyone is at least a little sociopathic to some degree.

People who think that wear to much black eye liner and watch to much twilight. You're not as "dark" as you think you are, trust me.

Actually, people who know that are scientists, and smarter than you and I combined. Roll

For the record, the players most aligned to real sociopathy are the ones that tend to try to play games like this as if they're single player games, on their own. So, you know... anti-social types that never mingle, never join a corp, etc etc.

I've also never worn make-up in my life. I did once experiment with nail polish when I was 8... it was pink though, not black.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2016-07-06 17:51:10 UTC
OP want to win in combat but others killing him are sociopath.

WTF?
Trader20
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2016-07-06 17:52:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Trader20
Scientist huh? You mean psychiatrists and therapists.

Did I trigger you in revealing that you aren't really a sociopath? See op this is how you reck people in Eve online, watch closely.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2016-07-06 17:58:48 UTC
Trader20 wrote:

Did I trigger you in revealing that you aren't really a sociopath? See op this is how you reck people in Eve online, watch closely.

We got a scientologist on the loose here.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#26 - 2016-07-06 18:01:57 UTC
I like this one, hes got fire in the belly (or under his arse, im not certain)

How many crisp packets/corpses do i need to get on the list ?
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2016-07-06 18:04:12 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
I like this one, hes got fire in the belly (or under his arse, im not certain)

How many crisp packets/corpses do i need to get on the list ?

I think that shiny head should do the trick. Nothing says 'sociopath' like the 'I just got out of jail' look.

May Arethusa
Junction Systems
#28 - 2016-07-06 18:04:26 UTC
Quote:
Why do people do that? Do people have no lifes that they need to sit at a gate all day and kill people? What does that accomplish?

To pad their killboards and infrequently generate rage-induced forum posts like yours so they have something to read between kills.

The real fun comes from stamping on the dreams of those valiant newbros who have made it past the camps, and are mining in low-sec. Sadly, years of FW mean that the moment I see a venture on scan, I automatically check all the open plexes in system, and only when they turn up empty do I allow a wry smile to cross my lips, because it means someone is about to learn a valuable lesson.

There's also something oddly enjoyable about chipping away at a Procurer with 30 DPS and chatting about the experience in local, keeping them updated on my ammo count as we go.

Some are afk, some confess their mistake the moment you have them in your clutches, and some try to plead with you. Personally I always set their ransom above the value of their ship (it's no fun if they pay, I don't want them to get away), or demand they eject and fly home in their pod. It's all part of the illusion of EVE, many of the genuinely new players seem disappointed when you don't attempt to extort them in one way or another. They often ask the same questions you're asking and I often give the same response: "A killmail and a smile, what did you get out of this?"

Those with a bright future ahead of them will usually admit they learned something, some even come back and manage to avoid capture, which is great.

You say sociopath, I say teacher. Only in my school, caning is very much still allowed.
Hitori Tenchi
R3D SHIFT
#29 - 2016-07-06 18:08:01 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Trader20 wrote:

We got a scientologist on the loose here.

Shhhhh! *props up a box with a stick and picture of Tom Cruise.* This should get him.
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#30 - 2016-07-06 18:17:31 UTC
Isaac Armer
The Soup Kitchen
#31 - 2016-07-06 18:17:39 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
I think that shiny head should do the trick. Nothing says 'sociopath' like the 'I just got out of jail' look.

Nah, real sociopaths are the ones who come across as the nicest, most helpful people you will ever meet. You don't realize they are manipulating you until it's too late.

Being over the top, easy to spot isn't how anyone who is actually good at manipulation does it. The best never get public credit, because calling attention to the manipulation makes it that much less effective.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2016-07-06 18:24:28 UTC
Isaac Armer wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Nah, real sociopaths are the ones who come across as the nicest, most helpful people you will ever meet. You don't realize they are manipulating you until it's too late.

Being over the top, easy to spot isn't how anyone who is actually good at manipulation does it. The best never get public credit, because calling attention to the manipulation makes it that much less effective.

You're taking this way too seriously.

I can't have fun with this if you keep taking this so seriously.

Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#33 - 2016-07-06 18:30:40 UTC
Warrior AgainstEvil wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Besides, I'm literally more sociopathic than all of you combined. Just ask every mad-as-a-hatter carebear that ever lost a ship to me.

consider yourself on the list

POLLARD YOU FOOL! You've sealed your fate by getting on the List of Dooooom!

000Hunter000
Missiles 'R' Us
#34 - 2016-07-06 18:33:41 UTC
Don Quixote, your windmills are overthere!

I do wish u good luck though!Big smile
Trader20
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2016-07-06 18:33:55 UTC
Isaac Armer wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Yea I thought this was obvious. People who say they're crazy or sociopaths aren't they just want attention. They're easy to trigger though which makes for some fun banter.
Isaac Armer
The Soup Kitchen
#36 - 2016-07-06 18:35:08 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
You're taking this way too seriously.

I can't have fun with this if you keep taking this so seriously.

You think I'm taking a thread like this seriously?

It just turned into a chance for an interesting discussion, I enjoy discussions.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#37 - 2016-07-06 18:38:40 UTC
Can't wait to lose a ship to this guy. This'll be some super intense pvp.

Also, thread subbed. /popcorn

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#38 - 2016-07-06 18:53:42 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:

Agreed, this has the sign's of a good auld chin wagg
Warrior AgainstEvil
Doomheim
#39 - 2016-07-06 19:01:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Warrior AgainstEvil
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Can't wait to lose a ship to this guy. This'll be some super intense pvp.

Consider yourself added. Anyone else want to join this?

i hope you re ready for war like you have not seen
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#40 - 2016-07-06 19:07:43 UTC
*raises hand* to whom do i send the crisp packets?