These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are missile pointless?

Author
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#21 - 2012-01-15 20:55:11 UTC
Aisha's Vengence wrote:

Frankly, all this attacking someone who has to ~come to Amamake~ is a red herring to the point i'm trying to make: in actual combat these ships are ******* pathetic. Maybe if you guys would stop trying to attack my argument on the basis of ~math~ you might see why the ~math~ actually supports it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OdXx8KgnOU

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Aisha's Vengence
#22 - 2012-01-15 20:56:41 UTC
No one flies the drake because it has a 'good tank'.. lol. So that leaves with you 'more versatile'. Which isn't really saying anything other than it can fit a neut. Which a Curse does much better so it doesn't really have a role there. I guess it can kill frigs good. But so can frigs, destroyers, and cruisers.

Missiles are pointless.
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#23 - 2012-01-15 20:57:18 UTC
Hi Cyzlaki :)
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#24 - 2012-01-15 21:00:55 UTC
Aisha's Vengence wrote:
No one flies the drake because it has a 'good tank'.. lol. So that leaves with you 'more versatile'. Which isn't really saying anything other than it can fit a neut. Which a Curse does much better so it doesn't really have a role there. I guess it can kill frigs good. But so can frigs, destroyers, and cruisers.

Missiles are pointless.

lol. feel free to think so m8 you're hurting nobody but yourself

Aisha's Vengence
#25 - 2012-01-15 21:06:37 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Aisha's Vengence wrote:

Missiles are pointless.

Yeah, I'm an idiot because I play the game and know what I'm talking about instead of arguing useless theoretical math formulas on a forum.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#26 - 2012-01-15 21:07:08 UTC
Aisha's Vengence wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
Aisha's Vengence wrote:

Missiles are pointless.

Yeah, I'm an idiot because I play the game and know what I'm talking about instead of arguing useless theoretical math formulas on a forum.

The more you shiptoast the more I lol, just thought you'd want to know.

Aisha's Vengence
#27 - 2012-01-15 21:13:48 UTC
Then maybe you could say something like "I agree - these ships are bad! But your math is off because of X, Y, and Z"

Instead you said: "What? The ships are so awesome and good to fly and and and and and". I should probably go back and see all the arguments you've made against the topic instead of against the person.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#28 - 2012-01-15 21:19:03 UTC
I wonder how long you can keep this up? It amuses me to know that my ranting about people being EFT warriors has gotten so deeply under people's skin. Maybe it'll mean you guys start playing the game?

-Liang

Aisha's Vengence
#29 - 2012-01-15 21:26:58 UTC
Should I post a fraps of me active tanking a raven, drake, and caracal with 5 neuts on me? Should I post a video of taking one damage from missiles and tackling him anyway? Should I post a video of me fitting properly to mitigate ecm?

Maybe I should post a video of a Tornado instantly alphaingout an entire enemy fleet the instant it lands on the field. Or maybe I should post a video of a Talos instantly blowing 5 people out of a close range fight...

Basically: No. You are wrong.
DaRiKavus
Mosh Pit
THE BESTICLES
#30 - 2012-01-15 21:29:04 UTC
Have i missed a RL patch or something here.

Since when did any ship type insantly become Über just because it can deal more paper dps.

To the OP, although not my fave BC (due to my playstyle more than anything) a Drake is a very welcome addition to a gang IMHO.

Able to project damage a decent distance, push kiting ships away from your gang, provide heavy tackle under gate guns as well as being able to fit it for Nano with HAM's and a command link I like it. Yeah x or y ship may do certain aspects better but with a bit of creative thinking a Drake is a decent Weapon platform.

Again apologies if I dont answer anyones post quoting me its either I dont agree with you are you are talking s**t.

Bless your face,

Darik 07
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#31 - 2012-01-15 21:32:43 UTC
Aisha's Vengence wrote:
Should I post a fraps of me active tanking a raven, drake, and caracal with 5 neuts on me? Should I post a video of taking one damage from missiles and tackling him anyway? Should I post a video of me fitting properly to mitigate ecm?

Maybe I should post a video of a Tornado instantly alphaingout an entire enemy fleet the instant it lands on the field. Or maybe I should post a video of a Talos instantly blowing 5 people out of a close range fight...

Basically: No. You are wrong.

I'd actually really like to see that fraps. Can you link me?

-Liang

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#32 - 2012-01-15 21:33:33 UTC
DaRiKavus wrote:

Again apologies if I dont answer anyones post quoting me its either I dont agree with you are you are talking s**t.

Wouldn't worry about it m8, the entire thread is a troll counter troll thread.

-Liang

Aisha's Vengence
#33 - 2012-01-15 21:35:03 UTC
Jesus Christ what kind of **** do I have to talk on this forum to make you people come try to kill me like you keep saying you will?

fml
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#34 - 2012-01-15 21:37:30 UTC
Aisha's Vengence wrote:
Jesus Christ what kind of **** do I have to talk on this forum to make you people come try to kill me like you keep saying you will?

fml

Where are you? I'm in Amamake.

Goose99
#35 - 2012-01-15 21:40:13 UTC
Ever wondered why canes put neuts on their spare highs, as opposed to missiles. Oh right, missiles suck, and neuts are better...Lol
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#36 - 2012-01-15 21:42:13 UTC
Goose99 wrote:
Ever wondered why canes put neuts on their spare highs, as opposed to missiles. Oh right, missiles suck, and neuts are better...Lol

Naomi, you posted on the wrong alt m8

Aisha's Vengence
#37 - 2012-01-15 21:42:32 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Aisha's Vengence wrote:

fml

Where are YOU? I'm in EC-P8R.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#38 - 2012-01-15 21:48:03 UTC
Aisha's Vengence wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
Aisha's Vengence wrote:

fml

Where are YOU? I'm in EC-P8R.

Your sec status tells me that its much closer for you to come to me than for me to come to you. We might be able to arrange to meet somewhere in between if you're really wanting a rumble. :)

-Liang

Jesus Rambo
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2012-01-15 22:03:34 UTC
Aisha's Vengence wrote:

Missiles are pointless.

I.... you.... what?
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#40 - 2012-01-15 22:06:15 UTC
Jesus Rambo wrote:
Aisha's Vengence wrote:

Missiles are pointless.

I.... you.... what?

There's been some threads floating around where certain people have made some semi-silly comments. I think that one was made by Czyllik or some such. He's basically just taking a bunch of recent posts, modifying them to a greater or lesser degree, and posting them here.

All things considered, I find this thread ******* hilarious.

-Liang