These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Make Bounty Hunting fun again !

Author
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#21 - 2016-07-03 11:52:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Daichi Yamato
Cuseppa wrote:
Daichi Yamato wrote:
You mean its a good way for the rich to make every where hostile space for players of their choosing.

And oh look, you just suggested a way for rich players to get out of it so they can still operate in hi-sec. Or an escort that cannot protect the target save for trying to gank the bounty hunter...genius.


It's already the case, no ?


Everyone rich enough can hunt you down and suicid gank your ship relentlessly

And you can be perma wardeced.

@Madd Adda not relentlessly, because the bounty decrease each time the guy dies.






Suicide ganking comes with a multitude of punishments. It has to be done fast, in ships that you expect to lose and, against bigger ships, requires a well organised team. This system allows me to hunt people without losing sec status. Without losing my ship. And i don't have to find a way to kill you in 20 seconds because it completely circumvents concord. i can tackle you and take my time.

Also i can drop corp if you wardec me.

@ baltec

Anonymous selection sounds good. But if im a high-sec player and the bounty i get is for a null sec player, it seems harsh to charge me 100mil or force me to try and travel into null. And vice versa, if I'm -10 it would be harsh to get a bounty that sends me to hi-sec.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#22 - 2016-07-03 15:59:49 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:


@ baltec

Anonymous selection sounds good. But if im a high-sec player and the bounty i get is for a null sec player, it seems harsh to charge me 100mil or force me to try and travel into null. And vice versa, if I'm -10 it would be harsh to get a bounty that sends me to hi-sec.


Answer to those is simple, git gud.

A bounty hunter is a professional murderer, you should be ready to play in all of EVE and not limit yourself. -10 can be fixed easily enough.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#23 - 2016-07-03 18:50:04 UTC  |  Edited by: FT Diomedes
Daichi Yamato wrote:

@ baltec

Anonymous selection sounds good. But if im a high-sec player and the bounty i get is for a null sec player, it seems harsh to charge me 100mil or force me to try and travel into null. And vice versa, if I'm -10 it would be harsh to get a bounty that sends me to hi-sec.


Improvise, adapt, and overcome. If you want to be a bounty hunter, you should be prepared to go anywhere.

The primary problems I see with most of these systems is that they are useless if you get a target who goes inactive. I think it would be hilarious to put a huge bounty on an alt, then move him into a high class WH and then never log him in again. But terrible gameplay.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Sophia Mileghere
Scandium Defense and Security Inc.
#24 - 2016-07-03 19:31:01 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Sorry kids but we are content. It is not CCP's responsibility to give us content, we are supposed to create it.

"Highsec pvp" is some blobbers hugging a station and dock up when they have to commit to a real fight. If those don't have some links and 4000 guardians for their 30000 proteus, they don't even know what to do.

So very much no, go to places people provide content for you. Highsec blobbs is not content nor pvp.


Why does same people say always that the dev`s dont have to bring new contant? With your argument nothing will happen and the would be still the as in 2003.

I like the idea with the bounty but the prices of the license need a change as someone already said (only 20% bounty payout).
More would be a big appeal for suicide ganker.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#25 - 2016-07-03 19:48:53 UTC
Sophia Mileghere wrote:
...
Why does same people say always that the dev`s dont have to bring new contant? With your argument nothing will happen and the would be still the as in 2003.

I like the idea with the bounty but the prices of the license need a change as someone already said (only 20% bounty payout).
More would be a big appeal for suicide ganker.


You misunderstood. Content is not what new pirate faction titans we get but the stories we get to tell when we go out and fly dangerous.

What you think of content is just cosmetics in space and some more tools to overshadows the things that stay very broken for too long.
That reminds me, need new lip-gloss Bear

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Sophia Mileghere
Scandium Defense and Security Inc.
#26 - 2016-07-03 20:26:51 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Sophia Mileghere wrote:
...
Why does same people say always that the dev`s dont have to bring new contant? With your argument nothing will happen and the would be still the as in 2003.

I like the idea with the bounty but the prices of the license need a change as someone already said (only 20% bounty payout).
More would be a big appeal for suicide ganker.


You misunderstood. Content is not what new pirate faction titans we get but the stories we get to tell when we go out and fly dangerous.

What you think of content is just cosmetics in space and some more tools to overshadows the things that stay very broken for too long.
That reminds me, need new lip-gloss Bear



Yeah and as a guy with bounty on your head can you say "Man it was so dangerous and we had a long fight till they got me". Thats is the same what you wrote, only in High Sec
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#27 - 2016-07-03 22:14:02 UTC
Or you can just use the forums to work as a bounty hunter rather than trying for force a terrible game mechanic through.
Because it won't be a 'long hard fight'. It will be 'I'm a freighter pilot and I got bountied then ganked, and my friends couldn't do anything, this game supports griefing, I quit'
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#28 - 2016-07-03 23:25:47 UTC
Sophia Mileghere wrote:
...
Yeah and as a guy with bounty on your head can you say "Man it was so dangerous and we had a long fight till they got me". Thats is the same what you wrote, only in High Sec


That was from a CODE. dude who didn't like that I was trying to teach nooblings the way of EVE in a different forums section. EVE is not a level up game and no you should not get skillpoints for shooting a rat.

The broken things like svipuls I was referring to and "content" does still not prohibit any new things entering New Eden.

And I never said that CCP should not add things. I was explaining the difference between content and content.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#29 - 2016-07-04 05:45:18 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Or you can just use the forums to work as a bounty hunter rather than trying for force a terrible game mechanic through.
Because it won't be a 'long hard fight'. It will be 'I'm a freighter pilot and I got bountied then ganked, and my friends couldn't do anything, this game supports griefing, I quit'


If you get a 100 mil bounty on your head it stands to reason that you did something to deserve it.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#30 - 2016-07-04 06:49:36 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

If you get a 100 mil bounty on your head it stands to reason that you did something to deserve it.

With this mechanic it would simply be flying a freighter as a reason though. Since you could just go nuts freighter hunting with this ignoring concord. Even as it stands now it can be as simple as daring to disagree with someone with too much isk to throw around.
I.E. 'Breathing' is a good enough reason for some people to bounty.

So yeah, no. No mechanic like this is ever going to be practical without being abusable to the high heavens.
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#31 - 2016-07-04 07:21:53 UTC
making bears to outlaws in high sec for ISK? Oh fck, yeah!!!

Isnt going to happen tho because

1) it violates fundamental principles of high sec, where bounty has no place or relevance.
Just because someone wants you dead shouldnt make it all right for concord to look away, this would defy the only purpose of high sec. This is why wardecs make no sense in current form IMO.

2) bears are the biggest paying population of eve.
Brynjard
Meaal Contractors
#32 - 2016-07-04 09:58:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Brynjard
I don't mean to be off limits on this forum.
I mean trolling is ok, but why don't you get your head out of your ass?

Stop whining about EVE anno 2003-4-5 wtf. It's 2016.
Stop whining about EVE is PVP only,
Only sec is null sec.
It's like hearing old men in RL whining about what is accepted and what's not.
Youth now days, world is not standing two more years, ohhhh.

Im sure, if the trolls, made all their effort in fixing problems, there would be far less problems.

High sec ganking, is unbalanced. Why not balance it?
Everything is in some kind of balance, in EVE and the whole world. It's just not equilibrium.

It's not messing up game mechanics, remember they where made once. So some stuff are just made good, and some other stuff are made bad. Fix the bad stuff.
Simple logic, old men doesn't understand.

BTW I'm Old enough to be an Old man. And I am most days in null sec.

Wild West: back in the days.
Consider High sec in the wild west?
If a gun man, shoot and robs my neighbor, runs away. He's fine. Waiting in the mountains, after some time he's fine. Got a bounty, but that doesn't matter.
The day after I shoot him to restore justice, he manage to last a couple of revolver barrels due to cover, the marshals arrives. Kills me because I shoot first. Make sense, right.

Oh no. It's in space, logic is different there, laws made of humans would be different.
These space laws where made to balance the good, bad and ugly of HS. But they where present so long, the old men born and raised under those laws, adapted and exploit them. Doesn't see longer than 1 arms length.

Of course, the game may die one way or another, so it really doesn't matter does it?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#33 - 2016-07-04 17:50:06 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

With this mechanic it would simply be flying a freighter as a reason though. Since you could just go nuts freighter hunting with this ignoring concord. Even as it stands now it can be as simple as daring to disagree with someone with too much isk to throw around.
I.E. 'Breathing' is a good enough reason for some people to bounty.

So yeah, no. No mechanic like this is ever going to be practical without being abusable to the high heavens.


Its rather simple, you put a limit on the number of targets you can go for. If you cannot see who you are targeting or get accurate info on the worth of the bounty then you cannot use bounty hunting to get around concord to gank freighters. By the time to find your target you would have spent several billion minimum.

So what if people randomly dump a bounty on you? At 100 mil before you even show up and with a warning that someone has picked up your bounty its not like you are going to be shot at 24/7 with no warning.
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#34 - 2016-07-04 18:09:34 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
Daichi Yamato wrote:

@ baltec

Anonymous selection sounds good. But if im a high-sec player and the bounty i get is for a null sec player, it seems harsh to charge me 100mil or force me to try and travel into null. And vice versa, if I'm -10 it would be harsh to get a bounty that sends me to hi-sec.


Improvise, adapt, and overcome. If you want to be a bounty hunter, you should be prepared to go anywhere.

The primary problems I see with most of these systems is that they are useless if you get a target who goes inactive. I think it would be hilarious to put a huge bounty on an alt, then move him into a high class WH and then never log him in again. But terrible gameplay.


Why go through the trouble of getting him in a WH if it will never log? Jita 4-4 would do just fine.
Pound Cakeee
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2016-07-04 21:57:04 UTC
I think this is a great idea. +1
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#36 - 2016-07-05 07:30:04 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:
Daichi Yamato wrote:

@ baltec

Anonymous selection sounds good. But if im a high-sec player and the bounty i get is for a null sec player, it seems harsh to charge me 100mil or force me to try and travel into null. And vice versa, if I'm -10 it would be harsh to get a bounty that sends me to hi-sec.


Improvise, adapt, and overcome. If you want to be a bounty hunter, you should be prepared to go anywhere.

The primary problems I see with most of these systems is that they are useless if you get a target who goes inactive. I think it would be hilarious to put a huge bounty on an alt, then move him into a high class WH and then never log him in again. But terrible gameplay.


Why go through the trouble of getting him in a WH if it will never log? Jita 4-4 would do just fine.


Got an idea for that one too.

Locator agents tell you if they are online or not before you sink money and time into looking for a ghost.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#37 - 2016-07-05 07:57:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
baltec1 wrote:


Its rather simple, you put a limit on the number of targets you can go for. If you cannot see who you are targeting or get accurate info on the worth of the bounty then you cannot use bounty hunting to get around concord to gank freighters. By the time to find your target you would have spent several billion minimum.

So what if people randomly dump a bounty on you? At 100 mil before you even show up and with a warning that someone has picked up your bounty its not like you are going to be shot at 24/7 with no warning.

And with those limits it's back to being a useless frustrating mechanic since you have no idea if your target even still plays, let alone does anything.
And if you have to put that level of limitation on something, you know it's a bad idea to begin with.

N.B. no complaints about locator agents telling you if they are online when you run the search.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#38 - 2016-07-05 08:47:00 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
And with those limits it's back to being a useless frustrating mechanic since you have no idea if your target even still plays, let alone does anything.



Given the right tools you would be able to deal with this problem.
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

And if you have to put that level of limitation on something, you know it's a bad idea to begin with.

N.B. no complaints about locator agents telling you if they are online when you run the search.


Not at all. Having a robust system that works is the goal.We already know a similar system has worked well in the past.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#39 - 2016-07-05 12:05:48 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:
Daichi Yamato wrote:

@ baltec

Anonymous selection sounds good. But if im a high-sec player and the bounty i get is for a null sec player, it seems harsh to charge me 100mil or force me to try and travel into null. And vice versa, if I'm -10 it would be harsh to get a bounty that sends me to hi-sec.


Improvise, adapt, and overcome. If you want to be a bounty hunter, you should be prepared to go anywhere.

The primary problems I see with most of these systems is that they are useless if you get a target who goes inactive. I think it would be hilarious to put a huge bounty on an alt, then move him into a high class WH and then never log him in again. But terrible gameplay.


Why go through the trouble of getting him in a WH if it will never log? Jita 4-4 would do just fine.


Because I am assuming a system like this would require a locator agent function that told someone where to go looking for the target. If you are going to make bounty hunting a profession, having no way to find a player who goes into one of 7000 wormholes seems kind of dumb. Then again, maybe I think the whole idea of bounty hunting in a game where people do not have to undock or log in is kind of dumb.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#40 - 2016-07-05 13:05:47 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:
Daichi Yamato wrote:

@ baltec

Anonymous selection sounds good. But if im a high-sec player and the bounty i get is for a null sec player, it seems harsh to charge me 100mil or force me to try and travel into null. And vice versa, if I'm -10 it would be harsh to get a bounty that sends me to hi-sec.


Improvise, adapt, and overcome. If you want to be a bounty hunter, you should be prepared to go anywhere.

The primary problems I see with most of these systems is that they are useless if you get a target who goes inactive. I think it would be hilarious to put a huge bounty on an alt, then move him into a high class WH and then never log him in again. But terrible gameplay.


Why go through the trouble of getting him in a WH if it will never log? Jita 4-4 would do just fine.


Got an idea for that one too.

Locator agents tell you if they are online or not before you sink money and time into looking for a ghost.


What about the "player" who do nothing but ISK double scams? They are clearly online and end up with bounty on them all the time yet more than likely haven't undocked ever since they made their first million off some idiot. Can I be an annoyance to every bounty hunter by just placing a bounty on my alt which I log in every morning as I am about to leave for work and let him be part of a random selection of troll bounty contracts just to **** off people because this is EVE and this is obviously something people would do because they can?