These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Oldest player (not character)

Author
Frater Patroabo
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2016-06-27 16:35:37 UTC
I'm 63 and still playing after 10 years (With a couple of breaks.) I remember when manual jump still left you 15 km from the gate. Lol
MidnightWyvern
Fukamichi Corporation
SAYR Galactic
#82 - 2016-06-27 16:35:49 UTC
Well, we had a 67 year old as part of the Dust 514 community for a while.

My Corp had a guy in his 60s at one point. I remember one time we were out doing Blops and he fell asleep while his Sin was on a gate. He had a clock behind him that would make the sound of a revving Harley engine every 15 minutes because he was narcoleptic, but the battery died so he literally fell asleep on his keyboard.

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#83 - 2016-06-27 17:49:31 UTC
Djsaeu wrote:
All I can say is, I can remember my father having a fit when gas prices went past .40 cents a gallon.

Now as to my age, weeeelllllll, I'm as old as my nose and a bit older than my teeth.

I was unhappy when it broke .30 a gallon!!
Pianga Parabdi
Doomheim
#84 - 2016-06-27 19:48:47 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
wow

we've come a long way since fire, eh?

I never have trusted that newfangled technology.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#85 - 2016-06-29 01:09:46 UTC
When I was 20 I knew I'd still be kid and nerdy enough to be playing computer games at this age. But I didn't know there would be so many of us. Pretty cool.
Major Xadi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#86 - 2016-06-29 02:30:30 UTC
I can remember Apollo 11. And yeah, we really went to the moon. Funny how actually traveling to another celestial body became old hat so quickly. And with computers that had less computing power than our phones today. LOL. Any other guys here remember Major Matt Mason? One of my favorites as a kid.
Jno Aubrey
Galactic Patrol
#87 - 2016-06-29 18:23:23 UTC
62 yo here. Amazing to think I've been playing Eve for almost 1/6th of my life!

Name a shrub after me.  Something prickly and hard to eradicate.

TheTennant
Third Attention
#88 - 2016-06-29 19:15:46 UTC
Only young people think of being old as strange. Nothing changes on the inside. You still think young chicks are hot, except you are not allowed to express it. Old ladies were not attractive when I was 18, why should they now be at 48? "Youth is wasted on the young", Oscar Wild.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#89 - 2016-07-04 19:01:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Major Xadi wrote:
I can remember Apollo 11. And yeah, we really went to the moon. Funny how actually traveling to another celestial body became old hat so quickly. And with computers that had less computing power than our phones today. LOL. Any other guys here remember Major Matt Mason? One of my favorites as a kid.

Oh yeah, Major Matt Mason. He had a buddy just like him, but in a red spacesuit. My Matt Mason did a lot of astronaut training exercises. Free falls from the sky, centrifuge spinning, riding a parachute made from a handkerchief, etc.

Had one of these D battery powered moon crawlers too. It had big sponge back wheels on the back and a really low gear ratio. That thing could climb up or crawl over anything. Those were some really fun toys.
Brenden Stark
Lone Wolf Industrial Innovations
#90 - 2016-07-05 05:58:28 UTC
47 here. Nice to see I am not the oldest :)
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#91 - 2016-07-06 23:37:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
TheTennant wrote:
Only young people think of being old as strange. Nothing changes on the inside. You still think young chicks are hot, except you are not allowed to express it. Old ladies were not attractive when I was 18, why should they now be at 48? "Youth is wasted on the young", Oscar Wild.

Dude, a lot of us have spent a lot of time working hard to get Attraction to Older Ladies to level 5. And then Attraction to One Specific Older Lady You Been Paying Bills With to level 2, or even higher. Do you see what you just did to us? Brutal, and reported.
Blink
fudface
ACME-INC
#92 - 2016-07-07 12:06:11 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken CCP said there was an 87 year among us a few years back. Altho no idea if they verified it or if it was just going by age set on the account info.

/c

as far as i know sorion our incursion fc is the oldest player in eve. i have known him for 5 years and he was 83 when i met him.

he lives in an old folks home in canada and his fav pastime when he is not fcing our incursion fleet is chasing his private nurse about in his wheelchair. you can meet him every day from just after downtime to 2400 hours.

my 2 isk worth

Kateiryn Vael
Doomheim
#93 - 2016-07-13 13:23:16 UTC
45 here. Big smile
Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#94 - 2016-07-13 15:25:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Gadget Helmsdottir
Turning 41 here soon. Been playing since 2006.
Since starting EvE I've trasitioned out of the military, earned a few degrees, and changed careers.
Workin' that ladder :)

--Gadget...apparently the baby of EvE.

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."