These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What to choose Tengu/Golem/Rattlesnake

Author
Anabolo
Death Rabbit Ky Oneida
#1 - 2016-07-03 15:51:29 UTC
Always been a trader at heart, now is the time to move into pve combat.

I have injectors for what I need but can't decide where to go. Tengu, golem or rattlesnake all good from what I see. Going to to missions maybe some wh and hunt some rats. Any input you have would be appreciated, no need for loadouts just which is best for what and so on.

Every tip and trix is welcome

Too Much Free Time

Pax Deltari
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-07-03 16:01:26 UTC
PvE Combat xD lol o/

So you need to tell us what you want to do before we can advise what you should do. Missions and Wormholes are really really different. All three of those ships aren't trash but again it sort of depends.
Anabolo
Death Rabbit Ky Oneida
#3 - 2016-07-03 16:07:24 UTC
Pax Deltari wrote:
PvE Combat xD lol o/

So you need to tell us what you want to do before we can advise what you should do. Missions and Wormholes are really really different. All three of those ships aren't trash but again it sort of depends.

I want to be able to do a little bit of everything pve wise, maybe more missions than the other.

Too Much Free Time

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#4 - 2016-07-03 16:32:41 UTC
Tengu is by far the most versatile from that list. It can run exploration sites pretty much across the board and isn't bad in wormholes. It's a little slow in missions.

Golem is fine in missions and can do some higher class wormholes, but you really only want to go that direction if you live in one. Exploration in general is out here unless you're in deep null with good intel channels.

Rattlesnake is phenomenal at missions but honestly I wouldn't do much else with it besides maybe chaining anoms in null.

They are all significantly different paths. Personally I'd go with the Tengu and get into low/null exploration. But then I like that sort of thing with the nomadic lifestyle.
Roenok Baalnorn
Baalnorn Heavy Industries
#5 - 2016-07-04 05:17:21 UTC
I would highly recommend the tengu if you are planning on doing a little of this and a little of that and you dont want a bunch of different ships. It is the most versatile of the 3. Its good for general WH use, good for at least up to level 3 missions( never tried level 4s with it, and can be fitted a variety of ways for a variety of tasks.

The snake would be my second choice. Its an excellent ship for missions and killing pretty much anything in any null space. The golem has never impressed me. A lot more cost than a snake and maybe performs marginally better and then only on smaller NPCs, though my drones easily chew through small NPCs. Im not convinced its better than a rattlesnake performance wise.

The problem with the battleships are they are slow and expensive. The tengu can run covert and be nearly uncatchable in travel mode. Being a cruiser hull its much faster at GTFO.

I would strongly recommend you go with the tengu.
Noah Reese
#6 - 2016-07-04 06:21:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Noah Reese
If you want to do missions then go Golem or Rattlesnake, Golem is a pure missile ship and the Rattler is a dual weapon system ship, sentries and missiles, so you need to train and use them both. The tengu, while versatile, just isn't great for missions but it's very good in WH and probably the best option if you REALLY want to do both.
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2016-07-04 15:42:39 UTC
Tengu gives you the most options. You can do a lot of stuff in it, golem and rattle are both great ships too and they open up some of the harder sides of the PVE spectrum such as c4 wormhole sites and high end escalations in null (though tengu can handle null too)

Velarra
#8 - 2016-07-04 22:23:15 UTC
Tengu can get really costly the moment you factor in injectors when you eventually lose it.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#9 - 2016-07-05 15:41:08 UTC
Other thoughts.

Since you are willing to consider the Marauders add the Vargur to the lists.
The Machariel is always an option as well, with exceptional speed for a BS combined with decent tank and DPS it can be a very versatile ship.